Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Throw Keegan in at full forward as a curveball.
Brian Whelahan job.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2018, 12:47:36 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 09, 2018, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 08, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 08, 2018, 03:35:04 PM
Could someone tell me cause I wouldn't know , how come there dosent seem to be many youngsters coming into the Mayo team the last couple of years , it seems to be the same names ? Also why haven't Mayo been producing decent minor teams lately either .?Seems to be a Galway underage takeover . Just thought I'd like to know a bit more on what's going on up there? Thanks

Haven't the players coming through. Whether or not that's the fault of the underage structures/coaching in the county I am not sure. But there is a Galway underage takeover definitely.

theres also the point of who are you going to drop.
many of the mayo jeseys are painted on.
Mayo will probably have 2 new starters this year which I think is a healthy enough turnover .
the likes of
Clarke barrett Higgins boyle keegan Harrison oshea x 2 oconnor x 2 andy, Doherty  tom parsons , McLaughlin  are almost always going to start all things being equal , to genuinely break into that team you really have something to prove
Not so much in the forwards. A genuine goalpoacher would walk onto the team as would someone who can kick points off either foot.
apart from cillian no are exactly heavy scorers alright , except hopefully loftus. but as footballers they bow to no one and the scores can come from any one in the team from eoin o donoghue  forward
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on May 09, 2018, 03:34:41 PM
Could someone tell me cause I wouldn't know , how come there dosent seem to be many youngsters coming into the Mayo team the last couple of years , it seems to be the same names ? Also why haven't Mayo been producing decent minor teams lately either .?Seems to be a Galway underage takeover . Just thought I'd like to know a bit more on what's going on up there? Thanks

Haven't the players coming through. Whether or not that's the fault of the underage structures/coaching in the county I am not sure. But there is a Galway underage takeover definitely.

Mayo will probably have 2 new starters this year which I think is a healthy enough turnover .
the likes of
Clarke barrett Higgins boyle keegan Harrison oshea x 2 oconnor x 2 andy, Doherty  tom parsons , McLaughlin  are almost always going to start all things being equal , to genuinely break into that team you really have something to prove
Not so much in the forwards. A genuine goalpoacher would walk onto the team as would someone who can kick points off either foot.
apart from cillian no are exactly heavy scorers alright , except hopefully loftus. but as footballers they bow to no one and the scores can come from any one in the team from eoin o donoghue  forward

The literal best footballer in the country last year isn't a heavy scorer? Poor Andy still can't shake the Roscommon man tag it seems.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2018, 03:56:21 PM

the likes of

The literal best footballer in the country last year isn't a heavy scorer? Poor Andy still can't shake the Roscommon man tag it seems.
We're talking about up and coming forwards. Not established ones.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 08, 2018, 01:05:38 PM
Quote from: SeanInKerry on May 08, 2018, 12:55:54 PM
Will there be  a SUDDEN DEATH penalty shootout if Mayo and Galway Draw in normal time and Draw in extra time ? The GAA have done away with REPLAYS except for Provincial Finals and All Ireland Finals

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/ireland-finals-played-august-no-9914693

There MUST be a WINNER OUTRIGHT on Sunday, no replay for Tuam this year
45s not penalties and it's a long time since Galway played a senior championship game in Tuam.

If there is a draw after extra time, there will be a replay. No "45 shootout".

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 09, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2018, 03:56:21 PM

the likes of

We're talking about up and coming forwards. Not established ones.

He literally mentioned COC in the post I quoted Farr..

Farrandeelin

Fair enough Syf so he did.

Here's my stab at a team.

Clarke
O'Donoghue
Crowe
Higgins
Boyle
Coen/Vaughan
Durcan
Parsons
S O'Shea
McLoughlin
A O'Shea
D O'Connor
Loftus
A Moran
Doherty/C O'Connor.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 10, 2018, 09:15:49 AM
Fair enough Syf so he did.

Here's my stab at a team.

Clarke
O'Donoghue
Crowe
Higgins
Boyle
Coen/Vaughan
Durcan
Parsons
S O'Shea
McLoughlin
A O'Shea
D O'Connor
Loftus
A Moran
Doherty/C O'Connor.
Rochford will hardly keep both Barrett and Harrison in reserve?
I know they are not long back but I'd be very surprised if at least one of them didn't start.

highorlow

Low key build up so far apart from the Clarke unfortunate "not losing any sleep" headline bandying about today.

Must be the other buck in goals if Clarke is doing the media bullshit.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on May 10, 2018, 10:25:16 AM
Low key build up so far apart from the Clarke unfortunate "not losing any sleep" headline bandying about today.

Must be the other buck in goals if Clarke is doing the media bullshit.

Knowing Clarke he wouldn't lose much sleep before an All Ireland either to be honest. Wouldn't pay much heed to that Galwaymen (if they're pinning it up on the dressingroom door).

Maroon Manc

Just listened to an offtheball podcast from the other day, they mentioned about Keith Higgins playing for the hurlers on Saturday; I was under the impression he'd finished with the hurlers for the year?

moysider

There must be 2 Keith Higgins. Hearing he is best man at a wedding day on Sat?
He is a major doubt anyway.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: moysider on May 10, 2018, 11:42:06 AM
There must be 2 Keith Higgins. Hearing he is best man at a wedding day on Sat?
He is a major doubt anyway.

If I'd bothered to listen to the end of the podcast before posting I'd have realised Padden had confirmed he wasn't playing for the hurlers.

GaillimhIarthair

Will more than likely be a few surprising selections in the named Galway team!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.