Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I remember in 2004, at the Mayo v Roscommon Connacht final there was in excess of 35k given as the attendance. That was before the new stand was built.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2018, 08:44:46 PM
I remember in 2004, at the Mayo v Roscommon Connacht final there was in excess of 35k given as the attendance. That was before the new stand was built.

Health and saftey has long since reduced those numbers. Probably why a capacity of 28,000 is being quoted.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2018, 08:44:46 PM
The Mexican wave... :-[

From the Bunker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacHale_Park

Hyde Park is supposed to hold 25k and Salthill 26.5K! McHale Park is a lot bigger than both those!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 05, 2018, 09:57:57 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacHale_Park

Hyde Park is supposed to hold 25k and Salthill 26.5K! McHale Park is a lot bigger than both those!

The Hyde doesn't hold 25k. In the event of ye doing the dirt and losing to Galway there is serious remedial work that will need to be carried out at Hyde Park before the Prentmiester will let us host Galway in the Connacht final.

Rossfan

Hyde could fit in about 30k but our licence is only for 18.5k last I heard.
If we meet Galway in the CF well have to ask Croker (who manage our finances) to build a wall and install modern digital turnstiles. That and an army of  portaloos might see us get allowed around 23k.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2018, 11:48:14 PM
Hyde could fit in about 30k but our licence is only for 18.5k last I heard.
If we meet Galway in the CF well have to ask Croker (who manage our finances) to build a wall and install modern digital turnstiles. That and an army of  portaloos might see us get allowed around 23k.
Not counting the children and some officials that got in for free there was 23,149 at the Connacht final 3 years ago in Hyde Park since when did the capacity get set for 18.5k? 20K is what is needed to host a Connacht final i believe

Rossfan

There had to be some works done  (plus  lorry loads of portaloos) to get a licence up to 23/25 K that year.
What I hear now is that a wall and modern digital turnstiles  (cost €100k) have to be built before it can hold a CF.
Seaf she's been know as the Hyde as long as I remember.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on April 06, 2018, 03:46:28 PM
There had to be some works done  (plus  lorry loads of portaloos) to get a licence up to 23/25 K that year.
What I hear now is that a wall and modern digital turnstiles  (cost €100k) have to be built before it can hold a CF.
Seaf she's been know as the Hyde as long as I remember.

I wonder what type of health&safety risk an old fashioned turnstile poses versus a digital modernised version ?

Also can never get my head around why all these stadiums dont build proper toilet facilities , its not that difficult or that expensive , tap into the suir pipe already there , dig a foundation , pour some concrete, a few thosand caavity blocks , a couple of brickies and a cheap roof. Sin e
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

HQ/Prenty can see how many people go through a digital stile I presume.
Not that it matters in the Hyde as they're all Connacht Council people issuing tickets and taking the €s.

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Wildweasel74

Expect Mayo to turn Galway over! If higgins hadn't seen the line last year Mayo would have won the game! Galway have improved vastly in the meantime: whereas Mayo may have gone bck! I still expect them to be Dublin's biggest challengers