Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

While stating the obvious a game both teams don't want to lose,  especially Mayo I'd imagine, shortest route possible to the S8 is essential to any possible success. They rode their luck a few times last year, without any momentum built - one tricky away back door game and it could be curtains.

rosnarun

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2018, 02:44:20 PM
While stating the obvious a game both teams don't want to lose,  especially Mayo I'd imagine, shortest route possible to the S8 is essential to any possible success. They rode their luck a few times last year, without any momentum built - one tricky away back door game and it could be curtains.
mayo want to win because they love to win and beating galway , but it wont affect their chances of winning the all ireland either way.
Mayos game plan only really really works when they give 100%
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2018, 02:44:20 PM

I think the loser should still make the Super 8's to be honest but all it takes is one ropey performance or one tough draw and it could be curtains.

rosnarun

Have Galway withdrawn from u20 championship according to http://connachtgaa.ie/fixtures-results/ they don't seem to be in the Draw
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

Quote from: Orchard park on April 03, 2018, 02:07:12 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2018, 01:13:31 PM
Looking forward to it already although when these games are given the hype which I expect this one to be given they very rarely live up to expectations.

The loser has 3 weeks to prepare for a qualifier so not the end of the world for either team should they lose. David Brady seems to think its all over for Mayo should they lose but we've heard that in the previous 2 years.

thats david Brady that doesn't remember where he parks his car an hour later

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: rosnarun on April 03, 2018, 03:02:47 PM
Have Galway withdrawn from u20 championship according to http://connachtgaa.ie/fixtures-results/ they don't seem to be in the Draw

Typo. I'd say winner of Qua(rter final) plays Galway,instead of themselves again :)

magpie seanie

That Connacht GAA website!

Is the U20 going to be a bit of a farces this year? Maybe not for stronger countries but we're definitely going to be missing several players due to them being on U20 panels. Think the rule this year is daft and of course favours those with greater resources.

Maroon Manc

I see the mayo blog has a match report and podcast from the league final, he's really starting to fancy himself as a journo. The ego maniac sure has a real hatred for all things Galway, even managed to criticise Comer who gave a faultless performance.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2018, 03:06:53 PM

Is the U20 going to be a bit of a farces this year? Maybe not for stronger countries but we're definitely going to be missing several players due to them being on U20 panels. Think the rule this year is daft and of course favours those with greater resources.

I thought that although Kerry will probably the team who suffers most, as they'll be missing both O'Se & Clifford.

ballinaman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2018, 03:08:02 PM
I see the mayo blog has a match report and podcast from the league final, he's really starting to fancy himself as a journo. The ego maniac sure has a real hatred for all things Galway, even managed to criticise Comer who gave a faultless performance.
You know you don't have to read/listen to it right ?

Duine Eile

Thought this was a particular gem  ::):

Comer's a danger, for sure, but what struck me about him today was how wilful and selfish he often is on the ball. He loves taking possession moving at a million miles an hour but once he has the ball he seems never to look up, forever looking for the opportunity to show he's the main man.

Syferus

Everyone knows the way to success is to be passive. It's the founding tennant of our defence.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on April 03, 2018, 03:16:26 PM
You know you don't have to read/listen to it right ?

The podcast is always a very good listen when he's not involved.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2018, 03:06:53 PM

I thought that although Kerry will probably the team who suffers most, as they'll be missing both O'Se & Clifford.

I'm sure they're replacing them with lads that would get on most other county teams anyway.