Colourful Expressions (Maledictions/ Benedictions etc.)

Started by Lar Naparka, January 12, 2013, 01:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Anyone got anything to offer?

I was in Kennedy's pub in Drumcondra once when Kilkenny had destroyed Wexford in a Leinster final.
It was late on and the group beside me well getting well and truly steamed; three or four cats laying into a yallabelly. Yer man was getting some stick until, finally, he could take no more. He could be heard right around the shop as he roared,
"Well, we didn't piss on our powder in '98, did we?"
Dead, embarrassed, silence from the cats.

An old secondary school teacher once told my class that, "If the whole lot of ye were bet together with a shovel, ye wouldn't amount to one half-dacent eejit!"
Lovely man; great craic but feck all use as a teacher.

Any of ye ever been told that he was as thick as two short planks or that he was a black-enamelled bollix?
Well, I heard them both many a time and I was often the target in question but I never found out the original meaning of either. Anyone able to oblige or better still, come up with some new ones?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

andoireabu

I was once told at the start of my apprenticeship that I had "hands on you like feet" after producing some rubbish parts. 

Another one my da is fond of is "he/she couldn't build the duhhel".
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: andoireabu on January 13, 2013, 01:21:05 PM
I was once told at the start of my apprenticeship that I had "hands on you like feet" after producing some rubbish parts. 

Another one my da is fond of is "he/she couldn't build the duhhel".

John Donnellan (former Fine Gael TD, speaking of the party leader , Garrett Fitzgerald:
"If  'twas raining soup, Garretteen would be out with his fork."

Btw, Donnellan won 3 AIs with Galway.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ziggysego

I was told this recently, when I was sick in hospital

"As long as you can stretch your arms in the morning and not touch wood, you're not too bad" - Thought it was quite good.
Testing Accessibility

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera