NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 02, 2019, 08:01:41 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 02, 2019, 07:21:26 PM
Generous comments from the Anglo-Celt about Jim Gavin and the Dublin team.

https://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2019/03/28/4171691-opinion-dubs-are-a-team-to-be-proud-of/

You're yesterday's story, a bhuachaill, get used to it! ;)

So you don't subscribe to the "Dublin Thousand-Year Reich" theory which has been the constant whinge of a couple of defeatist contributors to this forum over the past few years.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 02, 2019, 08:45:52 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 02, 2019, 08:01:41 PM

https://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2019/03/28/4171691-opinion-dubs-are-a-team-to-be-proud-of/

You're yesterday's story, a bhuachaill, get used to it! ;)

So you don't subscribe to the "Dublin Thousand-Year Reich" theory which has been the constant whinge of a couple of defeatist contributors to this forum over the past few years.  ;)

You have to admit that they are the best that money can buy.

Angelo

Quote from: Hound on April 01, 2019, 09:40:52 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 01, 2019, 08:31:07 PM
Mayo were very impressive yesterday and I think they look rejuvenated this year. Aidan O'Shea looks as lean as I've seen him for Mayo and seems to be lasting the pace of the game much better, he hasn't really delivered for Mayo but this is the year.

They will likely pose the biggest threat to Dublin this year with Tyrone next in line.

Kerry look pretty average and were bulled all over the pitch yesterday, they seem to be really lacking in leaders. Mayo destroyed them when the game was in the melting pot.
Gas.
Imagine how different the narrative would be had Clifford not missed the sitter at the end! People would be totally writing off Mayo as bottlers! Instead it's Kerry were bullied and have no leaders!

Kerry are a young team, who will learn loads from Sunday's game. Plus David Moran will make a huge difference.

Kerry would have fluked it and Mayo would have been the architects of their own downfall, for me that match was a 4 point hammering. Mayo were down to 14 men for the last 10 minutes too with a soft/silly red card for O'Shea. Mayo were rampant in the second half and a bit like the semi-final meetings in 2017, they let Kerry back into the game when they should have them well out of sight. They were failings on Mayo's part. Whatever may have happened with the Clifford chance, there's not much denying that Kerry were comprehensively outplayed over the course of the 70 minutes, Mayo had plenty of goals chances they didn't convert throughout - Vaughan had one early doors, Boland had one on when he took the point instead, Carr had one in the second half, they also hit a number of poor enough wides as well.

Kerry are a young team who look a few years off really being top contenders, they have big issues at the back, in the middle of the pitch and  physically look behind Dublin, Mayo and Tyrone. Worryingly as well is the form of Geaney and O'Donoghue who look shadows of their former selves.

I don't see Kerry as any better than last year, there's a lot of hype based on nothing really that surrounds them. I'm sure in 2/3 years they'll be back in All Ireland finals but I don't see them being able to beat Dublin or Mayo in a big Championship game in Croke Park this year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

kerryforsam19

Well done to the mayo boys. Better team on day. Our lads never showed up on the day and could have stole at at the end. Still have a Gavin White, David Moran, Micheal Burns, Tadgh Morley and John Buckley to return. P.Geaney first game back since operation. Jason Foley only back from injury and James Donoghue will improve with more games. Thought referee could have given more protection to Cifford, O'Brien and O'shea who were pulled and dragged off the ball. Referee should have red carded Diarmuid O'Connor for high challenge on Gavin Crowley. Tom Sullivan has his nose busted too. There was a small dunt on Tommy Walsh by Aidan O'Shea in first half and Mayo forwards pulling Kerry backs to the ground at the end. Sure look the better team won and we can't have any complaints.

Mayo4Sam

Apart from all those complaints eh?
Kerry Diarmuid o'Connor should have been black carded for the foul on Boland.
AOS was first booked when Jack Barry lulled him to the ground

On other points, Sherwood was destroyed, I said at HT we should get the ball into Coen, he won everything
Lastly Boland's chance was not a goal chance, it's not soccer, just cause he was round the goalie there were three Kerry lads back and he was at an angle. What he should have done was gone to ground the second the goalie swung outta him
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Angelo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 02, 2019, 11:25:27 PM

Lastly Boland's chance was not a goal chance, it's not soccer, just cause he was round the goalie there were three Kerry lads back and he was at an angle. What he should have done was gone to ground the second the goalie swung outta him

What do you think footballers do when they get around the keeper and player retreat back on the line?

There was a goal there for the taking, he opted to take the point which is fair enough but the goal was very much on.

moysider

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on April 02, 2019, 10:27:32 PM
Well done to the mayo boys. Better team on day. Our lads never showed up on the day and could have stole at at the end. Still have a Gavin White, David Moran, Micheal Burns, Tadgh Morley and John Buckley to return. P.Geaney first game back since operation. Jason Foley only back from injury and James Donoghue will improve with more games. Thought referee could have given more protection to Cifford, O'Brien and O'shea who were pulled and dragged off the ball. Referee should have red carded Diarmuid O'Connor for high challenge on Gavin Crowley. Tom Sullivan has his nose busted too. There was a small dunt on Tommy Walsh by Aidan O'Shea in first half and Mayo forwards pulling Kerry backs to the ground at the end. Sure look the better team won and we can't have any complaints.

Sure that's full of complaints.

moysider

On other points, Sherwood was destroyed, I said at HT we should get the ball into Coen, he won everything

Correct. That was never a goal chance and Boland was brave as f**k to win that ball ahead of keeper. Also Kerry were very well set up defensively for that game. Ultra defensive really. A lot of the narrative about that game has been bollocks.

Blowitupref

One defender back and a few others trying to run back. It was certainly a goal chance but the angle Boland was at probably made up his mind to fist the bar over the bar.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Any team well set up defensively does not concede goals like that last Sunday and Kerry were lucky they didn't concede at least 5 goals due to ropey defending.

Angelo

Quote from: moysider on April 03, 2019, 12:30:23 AM

It was definite goal chance as you can see below. He decided to take his point which is fair enough but without any doubt at all, the goal was on, you can clearly see that in the photo below. He absolutely has the time and space to check back in and roll it into the net.

Correct. That was never a goal chance and Boland was brave as f**k to win that ball ahead of keeper. Also Kerry were very well set up defensively for that game. Ultra defensive really. A lot of the narrative about that game has been bollocks.

Farrandeelin

Aww poor Kerry bucks getting a few hits. You'd swear no Kerry man ever did any off the ball stuff. Ever. And Tom O'Sullivan was hanging out of McLoughlin all through the first half.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

We can't have any complaints though I have complained for my entire post ;D

Lar Naparka

Glad to see you can't have any complaints! That's mighty noble of you seeing you listed a full ass load of them throughout your lament post. But good to see that, at the end of it all, you are prepared to overlook the lot. Maybe that's what sport should be about.
But you have left me with an unanswered question to put to you and I won't sleep until I know the answer.
How big is a small dunt?
I mean is it a push or a shove or maybe a good kick up the hole that was only half meant? Maybe Aido was only wiping his nose with the back of his hand and somehow his elbow managed to get  snuck in Tommy's eye- stranger things have happened, y'a know.
I'd really appreciate your answer as the whole of Mayo, and a good bit of Roscommon too, would like to know if Aido is really going soft in the head. I mean from Belmullet to Ballagh we'll start worrying if Aidan O'Shea ever finds a Kerryman between him and the ball and only gives him a small dunt.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

"Were Dublin low on motivation coming down the M3 for this game?"

No matter where you travel from to get to Cavan, it's always down.