Div 1 Donegal v Roscommon.

Started by giveballaghback, March 08, 2016, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

I see that Donegal v Down hurling league fixture is being played as a curtain raiser on Sunday so the pitch in Letterkenny must be in good condition. The game is in Letterkenny  but the only issue I have is the
3 pm start, this will leave us very late starting on the long journey home. Lets hope the weather and driving conditions are good.
Donegal will have to line out without Neil McGee and McLoone but they have a strong panel and that wont effect them. A big ask for the Rossies and once again we are rank outsiders but that has not stopped us so far. Great days for us Rossies and lets hope we once again put in a big performance.

Syferus

These are the sorts of days you'd dream of when you're in the doldrums of D4 and D3. Getting a chance to raid Fortress Letterkenny. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Conallach

Unfortunately, in comparison with the other two county grounds Letterkenny is anything but a fortress. The lads had some bad losses there, the Laois match in particular.

Get your tickets early for this one by the way - it'll sell out, comfortably - and enjoy the trip up!

Main Street

J70

Quote from: Conallach on March 08, 2016, 09:58:41 PM
Unfortunately, in comparison with the other two county grounds Letterkenny is anything but a fortress. The lads had some bad losses there, the Laois match in particular.

Get your tickets early for this one by the way - it'll sell out, comfortably - and enjoy the trip up!

The horror show against Monaghan last year springs to mind too. Has there EVER been a worse game played in Division 1?

Rossfan

This will be some test for us.
Donegal rightly favourites but sure our gasùiníns will give it a lash anyway.
Bad form dragging us to Letterkenny a 300 mile round trip for the Clann/Aidans lads and around 200 for the Ronans/Michaels crews.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 08, 2016, 11:44:24 PM
Bad form dragging us to Letterkenny a 300 mile round trip for the Clann/Aidans lads and around 200 for the Ronans/Michaels crews.

Who's complaining. Better that than 5 miles to Pairc Sean to play Leitrim.

moysider

Surely Ballyshannon should be the venue for away non-Ulster teams. Ballybofey was 2 hours more on the road for us and Letterkenny worse again. I ve no doubt that Roscommon folk are looking forward to playing one of the best teams that the game has seen. I doubt Donegal will be as psycho as they were last 2 matches ( management must realise they need to calm down a bit), but they are bloody good.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2016, 11:53:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 08, 2016, 11:44:24 PM

Who's complaining. better that that 5 miles to Carrick to Pairc Sean to play Leitrim.
We'll probably have the Dublin game there ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2016, 12:07:00 AM
Surely Ballyshannon should be the venue for away non-Ulster teams. Ballybofey was 2 hours more on the road for us and Letterkenny worse again. I ve no doubt that Roscommon folk are looking forward to playing one of the best teams that the game has seen. I doubt Donegal will be as psycho as they were last 2 matches ( management must realise they need to calm down a bit), but they are bloody good.

I'd wonder. I remember Gallagher enciting a melee with the Laois management on the sideline in the 2013 R4 Quailifer in Carrick. Seems like Donegal have been near direct embodiments of their last two managers' best and worst traits.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2016, 09:49:27 PM
These are the sorts of days you'd dream of when you're in the doldrums of D4 and D3. Getting a chance to raid Fortress Letterkenny. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
Enjoy it. 4 wins on the trot would be super.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

You'd worry for The Puritans safety this weekend, having to go up and play these big, bad Donegal malcontents.

Shrewdness

I wouldn`t worry about our lads bomber destro. If it all kicks off, I`m sure our young players will be able to stand up for themselves.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2016, 09:49:27 PM. Getting a chance to raid Fortress Letterkenny. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
Sounds kinky

seafoid

If Donegal can have the cojones to win Sam, Ros can too.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU