Laois Under 21 football team 2016

Started by SCFC, January 04, 2016, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Playing wexford at 7.30 in Crettyard tonight. Anyone know much about them?

Heshs Umpire

3-6 to 0-2 in favour of Laois at half time via Twitter.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Won 3-13 to 0-8 in the end.

Should be a very strong panel when they all get together.

Team was missing the likes of Paddy O'Sullivan, Adam Campion, Danny O'Reilly, Trevor Collins, Eoin Buggie, Evan O'Carroll, Evin Keane, Michael Keogh, Tom Shiel, David Aston, Nigel Murphy, Dean Cullen, Col Murphy and Ciaran McEvoy.

I've tried to attach a team-sheet I found on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX5vwDlWEAA-vYr.jpg:large

Pablo Escobar

Looks like you have attached the Wexford team

https://twitter.com/deangoodison/status/684144735838158848

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

God loves a trier .... :)
Welcome to Laois GAA Board Shapes....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Were the under 21's out today?
Minors are playing in Fenagh tonight v Carlow.

From the Terrace

U21s lost 1-7 to 8 against tipp last sat, they were missing 8-9 lads on senior panel & on colleges teams. Think this will be a good team when they have everyone. They have good draw in championship louth 1st round away & then winners of carlow/wicklow at home, if they get through that a semi final against winner of dublin/meath..

Lake County

Our minors played Laois last night in mullingar. good game. think laois have two teams. we won 2-18 to 2-12. we also have 2 teams. reverse fixture is in laois on friday night not sure of venue.

Heshs Umpire

Under 21's had a good win over Galway today in the semi final of the McNulty Cup. Playing Kildare next weekend in the final.
Kildare are very strong, I saw them hammer Galway a few weeks ago. Will be a good test for our lads. We'll know a lot more about the level we're at.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Team yesterday was - Aaron Cooney (St. Joseph's); Liam Knowles (Stradbally), Adam Campion (St. Joseph's), Darragh Connolly (Ballyfin); Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen), Robbie Dowling (The Heath), Aaron Carroll (Ballyroan/Abbey); Cathail Dunne (Ballylinan), James Hillard (Mountmellick); Michael Keogh (St. Joseph's), Nigel Murphy (Emo), Aaron Dowling (The Rock); Seán Moore (Ballyfin), Eoin Lowry (Killeshin), Dylan Doyle (St. Joseph's).
Subs used: Danny O'Reilly (Graiguecullen), Andrew Baldwin (Barrowhouse), James Baldwin (Barrowhouse), Tom Shiel (Stradbally) and Joe Walshe (The Heath)

With the likes of Patrick O'Sullivan, Evin Keane, Evan O'Carroll, Dean Cullen and Ciarán McEvoy to come back, these lads could go far. Have Louth away in the first round of the championship and if they get over that they play Carlow/Wicklow.

Tony

Was at the match yesterday - getting to match names with faces still. Campion, Dowling and Lowry were stand outs for me. This side have plenty of potential - haven't seen 21's as good as this in Laois for a good few years. Promising.

SCFC

Tom Shiel, Conor Hogan and Colm Murphy also to be added. Strong looking panel.

Unlaoised

Where is Conor Hogan from heard he is a decent player?

Is James Moore from Ballyfin not u21 again this year he is also a good player??
LAOIS ABÚ

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Conor Hogan is Courtwood. And no, James Moore would be overage now.