The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 05:42:58 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 14, 2020, 08:05:49 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 13, 2020, 10:47:37 PM
The null and void brigade out from under their rocks again. How many times do they have to be told. The football will return, as it is across Europe.

Like in Holland?
No, not like in Holland. I'm talking about the important leagues.
Liverpool will win the title, whether you like it or not.

Only a fool would think Liverpool haven't won the league. But you can't have it without sorting out the rest of the divisions and being elitist makes you look like a dick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 05:52:46 PM
The null and void brigade out from under their rocks again. How many times do they have to be told. The football will return, as it is across Europe.

Like in Holland?

Only a fool would think Liverpool haven't won the league. But you can't have it without sorting out the rest of the divisions and being elitist makes you look like a dick
What is there to sort? ALL leagues should be resumed, whether its the premier league or league 2. There is no reason to cancel any league, and it's good most of them are going ahead.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 06:40:54 PM

Like in Holland?

What is there to sort? ALL leagues should be resumed, whether its the premier league or league 2. There is no reason to cancel any league, and it's good most of them are going ahead.

Div 3,2,1 and championship going down the same road?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 06:40:54 PM

Like in Holland?

Div 3,2,1 and championship going down the same road?
What are you on about

Milltown Row2

Are you saying all the leagues in England are being played/finished?

J70

Quote from: Hound on May 13, 2020, 05:10:40 PM
I missed the whole neutral debate.

I know it's off the table now, but why did the people in favour of it think it a better option than playing in the designated home team's stadium? If it's behind closed doors either way, I can't see any merit to neutral?

They were worried about the small number of games were something important was at stake, primarily Liverpool winning the league and crowds gathering around Anfield, which is slap bang in the middle of a residential area (Goodison the same, if it happened there), and then also relegation-threatened teams.
Apparently Watford's stadium is across the road from the local general hospital.

One would assume most fans will be responsible and stay away. But all it will take is a bunch of teenagers doing what teens do and the "I told you so" brigade will be out in force. Perhaps justifiably, but it will be up to the police and the clubs' security to make sure it doesn't happen if things go ahead.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 08:43:33 PM
I'm saying they should be, as there is no reason not to play them, and as of now it looks like they will be played.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
I'm saying they should be, as there is no reason not to play them, and as of now it looks like they will be played.

My point is simple, you can't just play the PL and f**k the rest, the reason why the other leagues might not be played out is logistics and money. Having it null and void won't work, collectively all round it helps teams that sit in relegation spots, unfair on Liverpool and the likes of Leeds and West Brom and so on.

Playing in closed grounds and neutral venues just won't be the same, for me restart the league when possible and play it when safe for fans to savour it.

The only other option is to finish as is on points and declare positions, obviously the only one would be games in hand, try and get them out of the way. But who's going to agree on anything that doesn't suit their own needs?

Can you imagine Liverpool agreeing to not finishing last season considering their position with City?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:56:53 PM

My point is simple, you can't just play the PL and f**k the rest, the reason why the other leagues might not be played out is logistics and money. Having it null and void won't work, collectively all round it helps teams that sit in relegation spots, unfair on Liverpool and the likes of Leeds and West Brom and so on.

Playing in closed grounds and neutral venues just won't be the same, for me restart the league when possible and play it when safe for fans to savour it.

The only other option is to finish as is on points and declare positions, obviously the only one would be games in hand, try and get them out of the way. But who's going to agree on anything that doesn't suit their own needs?

Can you imagine Liverpool agreeing to not finishing last season considering their position with City?
I didn't say play the PL and fk the rest, I said play them all.
Logistics and money? If the PL can be played, then so can the leagues below them, so that won't be an issue.
Playing behind closed doors will happen, as playing in front of crowds is a long way off.
So having said that, next month when things are a bit safer and they can put in place safety measures, then play the rest of the games off. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

SHEEDY

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 10:59:35 PM

Logistics and money? If the PL can be played, then so can the leagues below them, so that won't be an issue.
Playing behind closed doors will happen, as playing in front of crowds is a long way off.
So having said that, next month when things are a bit safer and they can put in place safety measures, then play the rest of the games off. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
someone should put you in charge of the FA, you've it all sorted, just stand up and tell them if the premier league can play, so can you. What's all the fuss about ffs. 8)
nil satis nisi optimum

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 14, 2020, 11:04:53 PM

someone should put you in charge of the FA, you've it all sorted, just stand up and tell them if the premier league can play, so can you. What's all the fuss about ffs. 8)
13th

Taylor

Because the PL could run off games how does that mean the leagues below them can as well?

supersub

PL set to return 12th June, expect announcement later.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2020, 07:56:32 AM

Because the PL could run off games how does that mean the leagues below them can as well?
You answered your own question

Taylor

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 15, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2020, 07:56:32 AM

You answered your own question

You do know teams in the lower leagues dont have as much money as PL teams - which means the question still stands?

Do you think teams in the lower leagues can afford the testing that is done for every game?