The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: blasmere on October 02, 2020, 10:41:50 AM
Quote from: Bronco on October 02, 2020, 09:50:31 AM
Not sure what you're trying to say here? I'm perfectly entitled to hold that opinion,and "having a clue" has no bearing on that.

Quote from: blasmere on October 02, 2020, 09:20:52 AM
Quote from: Bronco on October 02, 2020, 08:41:44 AM
I enjoyed watching Liverpool more in the days they won nothing to be honest. The Fowler, McManaman, Collymore etc era was full of exciting football,whereas now it's a real struggle to stay awake during many Liverpool games.

You don't have a clue do you...

Tell us specifically how they're boring. Is it Salah, Mane, TAA, Robertson, VVD , etc,.

They beat Barcelona 4-0 after being 3 down, they had lots of comebacks last season that weren't boring, battered Man C when it mattered, Leicester away also and numerous other games. Go into specifics if you're going to hold that view.

I'd much rather have this team than a defence like there was in the 90's
Oh please don't reply to that moron. He's someone who created an additional account with the sole purpose of destroying the thread. I doubt he believes a word he writes, he's just trying to wind up.
I suggest not giving him any oxygen. I have him on ignore so can only see his moronic nonsense when others quote him.

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 02, 2020, 10:02:17 AM
Leno, like a lot of keepers of lower level teams, had one of those games where he pulls off worldies. Penalties is always a harsh way to go but you win some, ye lose some. Sunday is more important and 3 points against Villa is all that counts. Never liked playing them away. Always felt it was a banana skin game so hopefully that won't be the case.

Shaq looks like he's gone, Brewster too. Wilson was poor last night as was Divock but can't see either going. Thought Grujic was the best player for us on the field and there really is a player in there. I would stick with him, even though we are heavily loaded in MF. Think he'll get game time this year.
I love Shaq. Has unreal quality, but injured too much and hard to see how he'd get much gametime if he stayed.

Looks like a big 20m+ bid in by SheffU for Brewster. I don't think Klopp rates him, I don't either to be honest, but others do and hope he does well.  It seems we have both a buyback clause and a 15% sell on clause if he does hit the heights.

I think it's reasonably obvious from watching him out on loan that Wilson is not Liverpool class. I think he may not even be premier league class. He is great dead ball delieverer, so I was disappointed to see him only taking them from one side. It's pretty much all he can do, and he does that really well generally, so he should have been on them all. He was a little unlucky with the pen, it was a great save. Not sure anyone would buy him, but I'd imagine there's work going on behind the scenes to send him on loan somewhere.

Agree re Grujic. Although disappointed that he didn't put himself forward for a penalty. I was sure that after Adrian had saved the last two pens, it would be Jones and Grujic and was confident they'd both score.

I was delighted Origi was only on the bench for a league cup game. But the downside is it means he's on at the end and a potential peno taker. He gets goals, he gets important goals. But he's still often absolute dirt. Would love someone who needs goals to come in with a big bid for him, but you don't hear him linked too often. But he's definitely dropped down the pecking order another couple of notches with Minamino finding his feet and Jota arriving.

J70

Brewster is a brilliant finisher from anywhere in around the box. I think Klopp's concern is the rest of his game when it comes to the system Liverpool play with the high press. The hope is that he'd develop that and maybe come back in a couple of years.

Bronco

Happy to clarify this for you - I'm not saying they're always boring or every player is. I really enjoy watching Firmino when he's on form, and Mané,Keita, and Wijnaldum for example have their moments too.

Too many times though I haven't enjoyed watching the combination of Salah's incredible selfishness, Henderson's general lack of ability and Alexander-Arnold's scattergun crossing. To be clear, I'm not saying Salah is a poor footballer,I'm just saying I usually don't enjoy watching him.

I get that others see it totally differently and I can understand that results tend to make people gloss over performances,these are just my own personal thoughts.

Not sure what you're trying to say here? I'm perfectly entitled to hold that opinion,and "having a clue" has no bearing on that.

I enjoyed watching Liverpool more in the days they won nothing to be honest. The Fowler, McManaman, Collymore etc era was full of exciting football,whereas now it's a real struggle to stay awake during many Liverpool games.

Tell us specifically how they're boring. Is it Salah, Mane, TAA, Robertson, VVD , etc,.

They beat Barcelona 4-0 after being 3 down, they had lots of comebacks last season that weren't boring, battered Man C when it mattered, Leicester away also and numerous other games. Go into specifics if you're going to hold that view.

Bronco

I don't have any other accounts. I'm not trying to wind anyone up. More than happy for anyone who feels that way to ignore me. Apologies for any upset caused, certainly not my intention.

Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2020, 11:46:53 AM

Oh please don't reply to that moron. He's someone who created an additional account with the sole purpose of destroying the thread. I doubt he believes a word he writes, he's just trying to wind up.
I suggest not giving him any oxygen. I have him on ignore so can only see his moronic nonsense when others quote him.

trueblue1234

I expect Brewster to go. I'm not so sure on anyone else. I think I would like to see Shaq, Origi leave as well. We have depth now in those areas and I think those two need to be playing weekly to get the best from them. And that's not going to happen at Liverpool.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Bronco

Origi should have been out the door years ago. Shaqiri has really wasted a couple of his prime years at Liverpool. He could have been playing regularly for a decent side rather than being wasted sitting on the bench at Liverpool.

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 02, 2020, 01:19:10 PM
I expect Brewster to go. I'm not so sure on anyone else. I think I would like to see Shaq, Origi leave as well. We have depth now in those areas and I think those two need to be playing weekly to get the best from them. And that's not going to happen at Liverpool.

J70

Quote from: Bronco on October 02, 2020, 02:09:24 PM
Origi should have been out the door years ago. Shaqiri has really wasted a couple of his prime years at Liverpool. He could have been playing regularly for a decent side rather than being wasted sitting on the bench at Liverpool.

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 02, 2020, 01:19:10 PM

Origi was happy to be a back-up and popped up with some vital goals at various times, including historical strikes in the Champions League semi and final. Can't ask for a whole lot more than that and he justified his presence. If he was a top class player, he wouldn't have been happy to play off the bench.

Shaqiri was brought in as back-up too and generally did well when called upon, but unfortunately for him his time was fucked up by injuries and he could never get an extended run of appearances to build up his form.

He'll always be remembered though for the pair of goals against United and the cross for Winjaldum against Barcelona.

trileacman

Minamino doesn't have anything like the presence or goal scoring ability of Origi. I'd be very recutant to let Origi go. He's popped up with some incredibly important goals for Liverpool. All from the position of a 2nd team player which is tough. I understand he doesn't fit the gegenpressen style of Liverpool's natural front 3 but still he offers something different. There's no point when a team is stifling your attack and your looking for a goal bringing on a poorer version of what's already there.

Origi's height and ability to score from outside the box is a big asset.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Bronco

Goalscoring ability!

He scored a paltry 19 goals despite playing almost 100 games. Van Dijk isn't far off that and he's a centre back.

Quote from: trileacman on October 02, 2020, 03:22:14 PM
Minamino doesn't have anything like the presence or goal scoring ability of Origi. I'd be very recutant to let Origi go. He's popped up with some incredibly important goals for Liverpool. All from the position of a 2nd team player which is tough. I understand he doesn't fit the gegenpressen style of Liverpool's natural front 3 but still he offers something different. There's no point when a team is stifling your attack and your looking for a goal bringing on a poorer version of what's already there.

Origi's height and ability to score from outside the box is a big asset.

JoG2

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NAG1 on October 02, 2020, 11:33:32 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 02, 2020, 10:02:17 AM
Leno, like a lot of keepers of lower level teams, had one of those games where he pulls off worldies. Penalties is always a harsh way to go but you win some, ye lose some. Sunday is more important and 3 points against Villa is all that counts. Never liked playing them away. Always felt it was a banana skin game so hopefully that won't be the case.

Shaq looks like he's gone, Brewster too. Wilson was poor last night as was Divock but can't see either going. Thought Grujic was the best player for us on the field and there really is a player in there. I would stick with him, even though we are heavily loaded in MF. Think he'll get game time this year.

This did make me laugh  :D
Even in the PL era which is not that long...... one swallow and all that  ;)

;D

Some great business done with Brewster. With the other business done that's £47m brought in. The hope is there will be a few more sold and maybe another £30m brought in. There could be nearly a zero spend with a better squad at the end.

SHEEDY

Sadio mane tests positive for corona virus as well as thiago.
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1