Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on June 18, 2018, 08:10:41 PM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 18, 2018, 06:21:12 PM
How did Gary Walsh go from being our top scorer to barely making it onto the field for five minutes these days. I know that infamous tweet didn't do him any favours but he's hardly still paying for it.
Anyone know if Cahalaine is still with the squad??
Paul is in America

Gary and Donie simply don't work together

Worked well in first half in dr cullen park this year
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Disappointed to hear Paul Cahillane has gone to America, he was working with the squad earlier but was injured. Was there a falling out??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

John O'Loughlin must be captain for the final in the absence of Stephen Attride, great honour for him and well deserved..

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 18, 2018, 10:46:31 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 18, 2018, 08:10:41 PM
How did Gary Walsh go from being our top scorer to barely making it onto the field for five minutes these days. I know that infamous tweet didn't do him any favours but he's hardly still paying for it.
Paul is in America

Gary and Donie simply don't work together

Worked well in first half in dr cullen park this year
And that was it

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 19, 2018, 12:44:08 AM
John O'Loughlin must be captain for the final in the absence of Stephen Attride, great honour for him and well deserved..

Brody is vice captain

Unlaoised

Wouldn't mind having them four lads in the poster available to pick from Sunday...

Didn't see Murphy but by God the other three could play!

Tickets sales are very slowin Dublin seems as if they are waiting for the Super eights so saving money .

Good buzz about Laois here tho!

LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: Unison on June 18, 2018, 07:51:57 PM

Does he work hard enough?
I love these comments, lads busting their neck for their county, out training rain or shine 5days a week and muppets behind their keyboard ponder on a public forum if they're working hard enough  ;D

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2018, 10:44:35 AM
Quote from: Unison on June 18, 2018, 07:51:57 PM

Does he work hard enough?
I love these comments, lads busting their neck for their county, out training rain or shine 5days a week and muppets behind their keyboard ponder on a public forum if they're working hard enough  ;D
Gary is an out and out finisher. He'll have a part to play yet and he seems to be still enjoying himself and his role if the semi final celebrations are anything to go by. But an attack needs balance and it doesn't appear to have it when he and Donie are in tandem. It's just one of those things. But we need him and will need him in the future.

redsetanta

From memory Gary scored a couple against Dublin when we played them in the quarter final. He is a very useful asset to come in off the bench and Croke Park would not phase him at all. Fair play to Sugrue to hang on to him as other times he may have walked. Just watched Attrides cracking goal in Nowlan Park. Such a pity he won't be there on Sunday!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Unlaoised

The talk is good all around the county its great to be talking about football again not just to the hardcore fans but to everyone.

Seems to be a good buzz and a nice Laois crowd travelling .

Look we travel in hope more than expectation but these lads deserve a big turn out Sunday for the year they have given us especially after last year and how eveyone just wrote off Laois football.

We know the size of the task ahead Sunday but bar maybe 3 teams in the country the task would be the same for most counties facing this Dublin machine.

It could go horribly wrong Sunday and the Dubs could run riot but even if they do it won't be a massive surprise.

We are a small county split down the middle and have very little resources compared to Dublin.

Beating Wexford some people thought might not even be possible and at one stage it looked like we were out but the players have shown grit and drive this year and I hope even if things are going wrong they can still did in and show pride in the jersey.

The general consensus is that Damien O'Connor will go corner back with Evan O'Carroll coming into the line up.

I'm not so sure I think Tom likes two work horses in the half forward line and might eith leave O'Connor there or bring in Strong as a half forward who can deliver a long ball into Donie.

In a perfect world we would have Attride our captain available and also Dicey O'Reilly but its not to be.

I'd also Say Benny Carroll is pushing the likes of Paul Kingston and Ross Munnelly hard for a position .

The rest of the team picks itself with Donoher showing enough the last day to warrant a start and Crowley doing well at half back.

Its a big test for Crowley and Collins and I hope they can deal with the occasion and the Dublin factor in Croker after not being there before.

The two games in HQ should stand to the players as well in getting the little things right like preparation with gear (length of studs, feel of the grass,the way the wind caches the ball,the illusion of the posts and sidelines)all these things play a part and hopefully everything can go our way.

I'm really looking forward to the day no matter what it brings !!!

LAOIS ABU

LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Judging by his body language, Gavin will likely start cluxton. He also is pretty complementary of Laois here in interview below but everything he says is true enough. Would love the rub of the green, a woeful Dublin performance and our best performance in a decade and then it could be competitive. Up Laois. https://youtu.be/DQCW6eFjc44