Conspiracy Theories

Started by APM, September 15, 2020, 09:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2020, 12:44:42 PM
I haven't lived in the north, so I'd no idea whether its used up there. Definitely never heard it while living in Dublin for quite a number of years.

I grew up in Dublin.  Very common expression on much of the north side.

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 16, 2020, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2020, 12:44:42 PM
I haven't lived in the north, so I'd no idea whether its used up there. Definitely never heard it while living in Dublin for quite a number of years.

I grew up in Dublin.  Very common expression on much of the north side.

I was a southside resident. :)

imtommygunn

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/16/news/retired-derry-gp-contacted-by-regulator-over-her-opposition-to-masks-2067945/?param=ds441rif44T

Not quite a conspiracy theory but interesting read on the lines of masks and death counts which both seemed to be, viewed at least, as a conspiracy theory of sorts.

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2020, 02:40:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 16, 2020, 02:35:32 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2020, 11:15:51 AM
What evidence is there that Hitler did die in Germany?

Absolutely none.

I'm not sure about him heading to Argentina, but he certainly didn't top himself in his bunker.

Based on what?

Using my brain.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2020, 03:04:38 PM
He escaped to Argentina.
He is now around 130 years old, goes by the alias Donald Trump.....

He is only hiding because he cannot pay the gas bill.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on September 16, 2020, 03:50:24 PM

Absolutely none.

I'm not sure about him heading to Argentina, but he certainly didn't top himself in his bunker.

Based on what?

Using my brain.

All right then.

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2020, 05:07:47 PM

Absolutely none.

Based on what?

Using my brain.
Hmm, I think I've found the problem.

Where's the proof he did?

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on September 16, 2020, 08:22:53 PM

Absolutely none.

Based on what?

Using my brain.

The accepted history is that he and Eva Braun committed suicide in the bunker. Other hangers-on such as Goebbels and his wife did likewise, while the likes of Bormann tried to escape the bunker but committed suicide to avoid capture by the Red Army. 

Where's the proof that its all bullshit? Why should we take you seriously at the expense of historians?

And how do actually you function in life when everything is a conspiracy?

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2020, 08:39:42 PM

Absolutely none.

Based on what?

Using my brain.

The accepted history is that he and Eva Braun committed suicide in the bunker. Other hangers-on such as Goebbels and his wife did likewise, while the likes of Bormann tried to escape the bunker but committed suicide to avoid capture by the Red Army. 

Where's the proof that its all bullshit? Why should we take you seriously at the expense of historians?

And how do actually you function in life when everything is a conspiracy?

There's the problem with that. Sure historians tell us Oswald shot Kennedy. Doesn't mean it's true.

brokencrossbar1

There is a difference sometimes between accepted history and actual facts. It was accepted history that the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 was mass bombers but they were not. The difficulty you have about history is that it is written by the victor. The likely story is that Hitler died as believed but that does not mean there is a possibility that it was part of a cover up as part of the deal done to end the war. The further we go from historical events the less likely that the real 'truth' comes out. Sometimes you have to accept things as told but be skeptically curious at the same time.

michaelg

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2020, 03:54:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2020, 03:04:38 PM
He escaped to Argentina.
He is now around 130 years old, goes by the alias Donald Trump.....

He is only hiding because he cannot pay the gas bill.
Dreadful comment.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2020, 08:58:34 PM
There is a difference sometimes between accepted history and actual facts. It was accepted history that the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 was mass bombers but they were not. The difficulty you have about history is that it is written by the victor. The likely story is that Hitler died as believed but that does not mean there is a possibility that it was part of a cover up as part of the deal done to end the war. The further we go from historical events the less likely that the real 'truth' comes out. Sometimes you have to accept things as told but be skeptically curious at the same time.

Of course. But there's a big difference between healthy skepticism and calling everything and anything false because.... well just because. Given that conspiracy theories are generally half-baked ideas based on cherry picked morsels of evidence while ignoring everything else, they're not owed any serious consideration.

If Benny wants to lay out the case for Hitler not having died in the bunker, he is free to do so. Just saying it's bullshit and leaving it at that doesn't really wash.

Roesider

One of the most recent ridiculous conspiracy theories was that the Obama's had Joan Rivers bumped off for making derogatory remarks.

Still can't explain this though. Very weird.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/RaM9zK10cDy5/

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2020, 09:03:05 PM

Absolutely none.

Based on what?

Using my brain.

I don't have any and it's possible he didn't. There's a massive jump between that and "he certainly didn't" though so over to you to do some explaining.

I have looked into this, there were reports that they weren't Hitler and Braun's bodies. There were no photos, They were badly burnt, 'Hitler's' body was smaller, probably a woman's body . And fair enough, so 'certainly' was just a figure of speech as I just don't believe they died in their bunker, but  no  matter what I say on it, it will be rebuffed by what the 'historians' say.  Same as JFK, I'd imagine most people don't believe the Oswald story, but the whole thing was covered up so much, evidence missing etc etc that the real story will always be shot down, no pun intended.

sid waddell

I haven't done any great research into the Lockerbie bomb but on the face of it it seems fairly reasonable to me to think that Lybia wasn't behind it at all, that yer man Megrahi was framed or given up by the Lybians because of geopolitical necessities, and that it was Iran or perhaps the Iran-Syria-Palestine axis that was behind it, I'm sure Robert Fisk once wrote that some guy from the Popular Front For The Liberation of Palestine carried it out

Iranian involvement has always made sense because the Americans shot down an Iranian civilian airliner less than six months previously with the loss of 290 lives

Adam Curtis's documentaries tell us that western policy as regards Gaddafi's Lybia was a giant fraud for three decades, that Lybia was framed as a global supervillain based on nothing other than expediency - in reality Gaddafi was seen as a joke by the Americans and the British - and that Gaddafi himself was happy to assume the role of scourge of the west as it helped to prop him up at home, to foster a cult of personality around him

Then in the 2000s, Bush and Blair did a sudden volte face for their own personal reasons to notch a rare but fake "win" in the failing "War On Terror" and decided to bring Gaddafi in from the cold, which again suited Gaddafi

And that Hafez al-Assad was the real driving force behind a string of terrorist attacks in the west or against Western military forces in the 1980s