The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doire abú

Quote from: the green man on June 02, 2008, 10:37:51 PM
Quote from: jodyb on June 02, 2008, 10:24:40 PM
How'd he do in the college game??

Never played. Dungannon rung Maghera about 10 mins after the game and said that he was suspended. Maghera wouldn't risk it to play him. The intriguing thing was I talk to the ref after the game and he said his ban only counted for the tournament he played in (N.I youth games). 5 mins after that the opposition manager came to me and said he couldn't play for Maghera the following week. Never found out who he knew he played for the college?

What's NI youth games green man? Ulster Colleges do you mean|
?

the green man

Quote from: Doire abú on June 03, 2008, 09:26:30 AM

What's NI youth games green man? Ulster Colleges do you mean|
?

The Youth Games was something that the Sports Council used to run up to a few years ago. Run in a blitz style at The Dub.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on June 03, 2008, 09:24:18 AM
As I said elsewhere, they gave about 25 minutes to Donegal-Derry on Sunday. Of this, about 15 minutes were action, and ten discussion, or as they laughingly call it "analysis". Of this ten minutes, I'd say about three were spent talking about one fairly innocuous clout. That's 30% of the discussion devoted to one pretty minor negative event that constituted less than 1% of the game.
It's much worse than that.
RTE had about 9 minutes game time and 14 mins analysis.

armaghniac

As a contrary view ,the entire games are shown on Setanta during the week and are on the RTE website, so people can see the incidents that interest them, other than on the Sunday game. RTE presumably believe that the broader TV audience want the analysis.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

Aye, if you have Setanta or the Internet. Quite a lot of people don't have Setanta, and as many again have either dial up or no internet access, especially the traditional RTE demographic.

magpie seanie

Tried using the RTE website but it won't work for me. Have broadband and downloaded the real player as it told me to. What am I doing wrong?

AZOffaly

What error are you getting Seanie? Did you try connecting or playing any other stream via your Real Player?

magpie seanie

After it plays the stupid Vodafone intro it just says "connecting" and nowt happens. My Real Player mustn't be loaded correctly?

Billys Boots

I had that problem Seanie, until I removed realplayer completely from the computer and downloaded/setup it directly from the RTE website, it's fine now.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnpower

Davey Fitz seems a good addition to the team . Dealt with the question about the Waterford Job well

INDIANA

pity they wouldn't give davis us p45 an elbow to the head now is a yellow card this week, but a red card last week. time he was told to pursue other ventures.

Main Street

Elbow to the head? what incident was that?
Is that another careless inaccurate description?

I heard him talk about the Down player inflicting a (retaliatory) facial blow with the outstretched fist or hand.
I don't know what Davis said last week.

highorlow

Quotepity they wouldn't give davis us p45 an elbow to the head now is a yellow card this week, but a red card last week. time he was told to pursue other ventures.             

I think he is a garda by trade. Sometimes this is reflected in his analysis and he seems to forget that its sport he is analysing and not a Friday night shamozelle on Patrick's street.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Louth Exile

I have thought that the Sunday game was pretty good this year, but tonights programme is a disgrace.

Supposed highlights of the Cavan v Armagh game neglected to show two goal chances, a penalty claim and Hearty pulling one out from over the bar.

Down v Tyrone highlights failed to get across the momentum in the second half, where Down drove ahead before Tommy Mc Guigan hauled them back into it. Poor editing. And then in his wonderfull analysis Tommy Lyons said that Down only won the game because they got a goal.... WTF, were Down not the better team on the night?

Galway v Leitrim, how could they not be sure about the penalty claim for Leitrim before half time? That was a stone wall, nailed on penalty and they didn't have the guts to call it
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI have thought that the Sunday game was pretty good this year, but tonights programme is a disgrace.

Supposed highlights of the Cavan v Armagh game neglected to show two goal chances, a penalty claim and Hearty pulling one out from over the bar.

Was very disappointed with the length of highlights. Couldn't have been much more than 5 minutes. Also Tommy Lyons didn't seem to realise that Charlie Vernon and Aaron Kernan switched positions from the throw in.

Thought the whole thing was very rushed. Suppose they have 5 games to fit into an hour but woulda liked to have seen more action.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead