The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

You're right Maguire, none of the pictures were fermanagh men. Some of the ones with me thought the bottom one was anthony lynch, but I think myself it may have been the three MOM candidates of another game shown that night - i was in the pub and only seen the fer-mon game. Poor tho, but I'm sure they'll recognise them by september  ;D :P

Owenmoresider

Quote from: ziggysego on May 25, 2008, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2008, 10:54:01 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2008, 02:53:27 PM
Yes, Joanne should be made to wear just her underwear.
I see she hasn't been reading the board. :'(

Could be one of the extra features when you press the red button.
Sadly the only red button on the remote at home is to turn it off. :'(

AZOffaly

Quote from: haranguerer on May 26, 2008, 12:56:51 PM
You're right Maguire, none of the pictures were fermanagh men. Some of the ones with me thought the bottom one was anthony lynch, but I think myself it may have been the three MOM candidates of another game shown that night - i was in the pub and only seen the fer-mon game. Poor tho, but I'm sure they'll recognise them by september  ;D :P

That was a joke. For the Offaly Laois game, Anthony Lynch from Cork (I think) was supposed to be Kevin Brady, Some lad whose picture was down for Ryan Keenan of Fermanagh in the previous game was spposed to be Conor Mahon, and the same picture again was supposed to be Brian Carroll!

That sort of schoolboy stuff is ridiculous.

Mentalman

Yeah, wrong pictures, and then to compound it by showing the same wrong picture twice for two different guys. And people wonder why the smaller counties get chips on their shoulders :)

Still, let's be honest, the Sunday Game disappeared up it's own hole a long time back, has got nigh on unwatchable since that empty vessel Spillane took the hot seat, and this year's introduction of the technodrome has managed to top the pre-existing farce. With TV3 soon to add their own brand of amateurism to the mix, the GAA badly need to consider taking control of how their sports are shown to the public. a good point ot start might be the AFL coverage shown on TG4 - that's how to package highlights. It's a crock of having highlights with analysis, analysis belongs after the live match, highlights should be just that.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

AZOffaly

Setanta used to have a good show during the week. If I was head of RTE sport, this is what I would do.

Sunday Game live - grand, leave it as it is.

Sunday Game - More highlights, more interviews, MOTM. Very little analysis.

Wednesday Recap/Preview - Hour long. Few highlights, more tactical analysis, when they've had a few days to to some revision and get the graphics etc right. Also preview to next weekend's games, like what Breaking Ball (which was excellent) used to do.

Agus sin é.

AZOffaly

What did I do wrong?

Seo é? :D

AZOffaly

Sorry. Obviously that as well, but I hardly think that needs to be pointed out. :D

full back

:D
Good lad Colm
Small men shouldnt be refereeing big championship games
What a f**king thing to say :D

joemamas

Re: Donegal V Derry, June 1st
« Reply #91 on: Today at 04:49:44 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o rourke "a small man should not be in charge of a big mans game.

I am no fan of duffy , but comments were over the top, especially when there is no way to reply or defend yourself.  must be a little bit of history there.

full back

Maybe Duffy didnt give our wee Shane enough frees one day......

Maguire01

McGuigan, pretending to be Duffy, yesterday.

full back

Big Anthony isnt going to hang Fergal Doc - he reckons it was more a get out of the way slap :D

full back

Is she really that class hardstation or is it she stands out because she is surrounded by a bunch of ugly fcukers?

Camilla would stand out on the Sunday Game

johnpower

What will happen Doherty ? a 4 week ban . It can happen in any match .I did not think it was that serious .

magickingdom

Quote from: full back on June 01, 2008, 09:56:53 PM
Is she really that class hardstation or is it she stands out because she is surrounded by a bunch of ugly fcukers?
Camilla would stand out on the Sunday Game

oh please fb, shes a honey trap! stands out even when interviewing the kerry team