The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on May 21, 2012, 12:12:12 AM
Quote from: trileacman on May 20, 2012, 10:47:32 PM
Thought Dolan was good with a good knowledge of the game. A mexican volleyball player with a rough grasp of Irish geography would be better than Tony Davis, a f**king bollix. Good score, game of two halves, the Barden brothers are brothers, f**ks sake Tony tell us something new.

He reckoned John Heslin benefited enormously from his aussie rules experience.
He wasn't over there long enough to get a tan.

Jinxy,

Best line of the year.

Davis is such tool, he spend more time fixing his hair, and picking out a hideous shirt and tie than he does analyzing the game.

His analysis on the Mayo V Kerry game last month was particularly brutal.

As they say, he must have pictures on somebody in Dublin 4.

ExiledGael

Does the Sunday Game appear on the RTE Player? Is it available to Nordies?

Hardy

It's an amazing "word" indeed - the only non-existent word that has two wrong meanings.

Stevie g 8

The dan shanahan piece was pure awful.i thought dessie dolan was good. As for false des and the other 2 with there limited knowledge letting on they know all the players from the weaker counties

sheamy

Please please RTE, will ye take Davis and McStay and lock them up somewhere. They are dreadful hoors. Opening credits with the cult classic music gets the pulses racing, then the sight of the two boys just kills the mood completely. McStay made some balls of explaining the square ball rule too. That wee grimace he does would just make you want to plough a hurl off his nose. The Dan Shanahan piece sounded like a scene from snatch. Not bad, just a bit of wtf is this for...where did big Tohill go? He was decent. Likely costly though. You want people you think actually know what they are talking about. The hurling men know the craic. Why do we have to suffer such utter eejits for the football. It could only have been made worse if Bernard Flynn was on. 3/10.

BennyCake

Davis isn't too bad, but McStay is awful. Is there nobody better than him in the country?!

ludermor

Hardy

I refuse to recognise the court.

johnpower

Dessie Dolan was a welcome change. I would prefer if they had a wider panel of experts.

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2012, 03:49:42 PM
Davis isn't too bad, but McStay is awful. Is there nobody better than him in the country?!

Compared to who?
Pol Pot?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Go home ref

Quote from: Jinxy on May 21, 2012, 10:28:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2012, 03:49:42 PM

Compared to who?
Pol Pot?

Pol Pot knew more about football ffs he's awful even worse then McStay and he's hideous although Dessie Dolan was good about time they had someone connected with the modern game on enough of the dinosaurs and "kick passing" and more people who understand the game today

panc56

Conor Deegan is pretty good on Newstalk. They seem to be some click in RTE. O'Rourke is honest , but Spillane is dated. The show needs new ideas and new people. It's not helping the game itself. The first one to get the boot should be Lyster! He does my head in , it's like Pat Kenny does GAA.

moysider

Quote from: johnpower on May 21, 2012, 09:19:35 PM
Dessie Dolan was a welcome change. I would prefer if they had a wider panel of experts.

There are no experts. Just opinions and mostly noise. There is, if anything, too much analysis, but it is really not analysis at all. Everybody has an agenda - including viewers coming from different places as well as the 'experts'.

Like, I would have time for McStay but unfortunately I was present for  the annual clusterwank about Galway forwards that O Rourke and Spillane started again on Sunday.

Lyster is one of the main reasons the format doesn t work. Interrupts when he shouldn t and lets Brolly go unchecked when he should be able to check him . His - and his producer s - handling of the League Final debate distances him from any credibility.

Jinxy

Spillane and his 'foot into football' routine makes me want to do my 'foot into telly' routine.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Leo

Brolly is the main reason I don't watch it anymore so I cannot comment on McStay. Shanahan or anyone else. Dire TV at any level as you would expect from a seriously overpaid monopoly.
Fierce tame altogether