Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Best of luck to him, he'll be a big loss

Hope he takes his time coming back and doesn't rush it, Conor Clarke should be a cautionary tale for any player rushing their comeback from a cruciate injury.

We've had a good few cruciate injuries in recent years - O'Neill, McNabb, Clarke and McAliskey now.

youhavenofans

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 09, 2017, 10:56:58 PM
best of luck and speedy recovery to young mc aliskey. could this injury have been avoided or the risk lessened with a longer off season? did he play in the o fiach cup?

not sure, he defo was involved with Ulster in Railway Cup

longballin

I see Harte on about McCarron's book saying so many on the moral high ground will be in danger of falling off. Moral high ground? Harte sure does irony  ???

seanmc123

Quote from: longballin on January 10, 2017, 09:33:22 AM
I see Harte on about McCarron's book saying so many on the moral high ground will be in danger of falling off. Moral high ground? Harte sure does irony  ???

You need to read and clarify before you comment Longballin. He said people that are perfect ie no one basically would need to watch they don't mess up or make any mistakes in their lives. He is right, who are you or anyone to judge anyone for that matter in life ?

seanmc123

Conor's injury is a cruel bow to Clonoe and Tyrone as he was beginning to be a serious player for both

longballin

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 10, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

You need to read and clarify before you comment Longballin. He said people that are perfect ie no one basically would need to watch they don't mess up or make any mistakes in their lives. He is right, who are you or anyone to judge anyone for that matter in life ?

his use of moral high ground was priceless.... lecturing on forgiveness (apart from RTE of course), religion, the rosary and a range of other subjects  ::)

jp2020

Quote from: longballin on January 10, 2017, 02:56:48 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on January 10, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

his use of moral high ground was priceless.... lecturing on forgiveness (apart from RTE of course), religion, the rosary and a range of other subjects  ::)

Have to agree, sick of listening to MH spout on about morals and principles etc! On another

What the odds on him being a president of Eire at some stage?! Although he'd have to maybe chat to RTE to do that!

Anyway, hopefully Conor gets the treatment he needs and doesn't rush coming back! A quality forward that Tyrone badly need at the minute, a class act!

southtyronegael

speaking hypothetically, if tyrone go off the rails and got relegated in league would there be any way of ousting harte and replacing him before champ starts?

rrhf

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 09, 2017, 10:50:52 PM
"It's the worst possible news that I could have hoped for".  The words of Connor McAliskey tonight after it was confirmed that he has torn both the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) and ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament).  McAliskey received the bad news tonight following an MRI scan this afternoon.  He's expected to meet with a knee surgeon in the coming days to talk through the extent of the damage.  "At this stage it doesn't look good.  It's tough to take because I'd so much to look forward to with the Clonoe and Tyrone.  Now I'll just have to dig in and work hard to get back to full fitness".
Absolutely gutted for Connor and terrible bad luck for Clonoe and Tyrone. Best of luck on the road back lad..

TabClear

That's a major blow for 2017. Scoring options are significantly reduced with McAliskey out and it's hard to see who will fill the gap

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 10, 2017, 10:11:47 PM
speaking hypothetically, if tyrone go off the rails and got relegated in league would there be any way of ousting harte and replacing him before champ starts?

Only if the O'Shea brothers transfer to Tyrone.

Legoman5

A lot of lack of disrespect for MH on this thread, He's our most successful manager and yes he's had great teams but wasnt the team in the 80's considered one of our greatest ever and yes they didnt have any back door and probably would have won All Ireland otherwise but at the end of the day they didnt and MH has guided Tyrone to 3 all Ireland's so that deserves a lot of respect!

Also best wishes to Skeet, long recovery ahead but maybe he will get some game time later in year! McNabb was the most recent to do and came back roughly 6 months later so who knows, he might feature in the 3rd Sunday in September yet!!

seanmc123

Quote from: Legoman5 on January 11, 2017, 12:33:46 PM
A lot of lack of disrespect for MH on this thread, He's our most successful manager and yes he's had great teams but wasnt the team in the 80's considered one of our greatest ever and yes they didnt have any back door and probably would have won All Ireland otherwise but at the end of the day they didnt and MH has guided Tyrone to 3 all Ireland's so that deserves a lot of respect!

Also best wishes to Skeet, long recovery ahead but maybe he will get some game time later in year! McNabb was the most recent to do and came back roughly 6 months later so who knows, he might feature in the 3rd Sunday in September yet!!

I agree with you 100%, but what would you expect from some people in here that never kicked a ball in their life at a high level.

redhandefender

Quote from: Legoman5 on January 11, 2017, 12:33:46 PM

100% agree, as soon as he does eventually leave I can see us struggling for a long time

Fuzzman

I think most Tyrone fans on here want Mickey to stay on as he has been the best manager we've ever had and many neutrals rate him as one of the best out there and think we're mad to let him go.
I think he should be given time to develop this new young team as he's got the experience of doing that.
Yes there are aspects of his methods I don't particularly like and wish we played a bit more attacking football but Mickey and his team know a lot more about the current state of football than I do.

I'd be curious if those who want him out can give decent arguments as to why they want him out and who they think would do a better job and why.