Stoops support SPADS, Sinn Fein sad and mad.

Started by T Fearon, May 21, 2013, 04:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Unionist side only on Nolan this morning.

LeoMc

How many current advisors does this new rule affect apart from the 2 already named?

theticklemister

Special advisors in a puppet state, good old leftist ideals right there.

glens abu

Quote from: the_daddy on June 04, 2013, 02:58:03 PM
Maybe I've missed it somewhere amidst all the furore, but since all the SF party workers are on an average industrial wage what's the big deal? I'd have thought one 90k role would equate to 3 or 4 industrial wages - wouldn't naming someone else as the 'special adviser' get around this on a technicality and allow the man in question to continue in the same role as an employee of SF rather than ofmdfm?

Read the thread before you make your 1st post,it's about equality and barring people from doing a job because of their past while allowing others with a similar past or maybe even worse to do the job.

Maguire01

Maybe I've missed it somewhere amidst all the furore, but since all the SF party workers are on an average industrial wage what's the big deal? I'd have thought one 90k role would equate to 3 or 4 industrial wages - wouldn't naming someone else as the 'special adviser' get around this on a technicality and allow the man in question to continue in the same role as an employee of SF rather than ofmdfm?
I'd imagine that his privileges / access would be removed. It's a civil service role after all, not a party role.

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 04, 2013, 09:32:25 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2013, 07:36:26 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 03, 2013, 09:48:39 PM
But there cannot be a hierarchy of victims.
I don't understand this idea at all. There absolutely should be a hierarchy of victims. As has been said many times, a paramilitary killed planting their own bomb and an innocent child who happened to be passing the scene - both equal victims? I don't think so.

Very simplistic but ignorant post, you need to research the history of the north before espousing this type of comment. Violence is not the preserve of just one faction. Partition came about through loyalist paramilitary violence.
I'm well aware of the history. Play the ball.

By your logic, Lenny Murphy, leader of the Shankill Butchers and killed by the IRA, is as much a victim as those horrendously murdered at the hands of the Shankill Butchers. That doesn't sit right with me.

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 04, 2013, 09:44:27 AM
Unionist side only on Nolan this morning.
I only heard the start of the show. Did I not hear Jude Collins and Malachi O'Doherty?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: glens abu on June 04, 2013, 04:03:32 PM

Read the thread before you make your 1st post,it's about equality and barring people from doing a job because of their past while allowing others with a similar past or maybe even worse to do the job.
No it's not about that at all. The 5 year jail rule applies to everyone - loyalist, republican, ODC - so how does that equate to 'others with a similar past or maybe even worse to do the job.'?You think there might be a few unionists/loyalist SPADS who are guilty of something but have never been convicted? Maybe so. But there might also be a few more IRA killers who just never got caught kicking about the place too. No, this isn't about equality. It's about the Shinners trying to rewrite history by seeking to normalise the deeds and atrocities carried out by the IRA.

glens abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 04, 2013, 06:23:11 PM

No it's not about that at all. The 5 year jail rule applies to everyone - loyalist, republican, ODC - so how does that equate to 'others with a similar past or maybe even worse to do the job.'?You think there might be a few unionists/loyalist SPADS who are guilty of something but have never been convicted? Maybe so. But there might also be a few more IRA killers who just never got caught kicking about the place too. No, this isn't about equality. It's about the Shinners trying to rewrite history by seeking to normalise the deeds and atrocities carried out by the IRA.

There are ex-RUC men working as special advisors is that OK with you?

Evil Genius

Evening All.

Since I've neither the time nor inclination to post these days (or even browse much), this must be a flying visit.

However, having logged on to view the reaction to the SPAD's vote, my attention was particularly caught by the above assertion.

So tell me, Apples, do you feel that eg the two UVF members who blew themselves up in the Miami Show Band Massacre should be accorded the same "victim" status as the three band members who were murdered?

(It's a simple Yes/No question, btw)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Myles Na G.

Quote from: glens abu on June 04, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

Have they been convicted of an offence for which they served 5 years or more? If they have, throw them out. If not, let them keep their jobs. There are ex IRA men and women serving in government. Is that ok with you?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 04, 2013, 06:46:47 PM
Evening All.

Since I've neither the time nor inclination to post these days (or even browse much), this must be a flying visit.

However, having logged on to view the reaction to the SPAD's vote, my attention was particularly caught by the above assertion.

So tell me, Apples, do you feel that eg the two UVF members who blew themselves up in the Miami Show Band Massacre should be accorded the same "victim" status as the three band members who were murdered?

Welcome back, EG.

Wildweasel74

MAYBE EVEN WORSE? i didnt know what martin McGuinness advisor did to this week, but i like to hear whats worse that blowing up a teenager, too many men on her with the party blinkers on, catch a grip lads. I have met and dealt with gerry adams though work and got on fine with him although that doesnt mean i forget what he was involved in. Lenny Murphy was the lowest of the low, the last thing he ever was is a victim

red hander

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 04, 2013, 06:46:47 PM
Evening All.

AFAIK one of the two 'UVF' members were also in the UDR, as were another three of those convicted of the killings, and were responsible for a host of murders in mid-Ulster while serving with the so-called forces of law and order. Were UDR members who colluded with loyalist murder gangs and were then killed by the IRA victims? Should I wear a wee poppy to remember those scum? Nothing's as simple as yes and no in this  place

glens abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 04, 2013, 07:10:22 PM
Quote from: glens abu on June 04, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

Have they been convicted of an offence for which they served 5 years or more? If they have, throw them out. If not, let them keep their jobs. There are ex IRA men and women serving in government. Is that ok with you?

Problem is RUC and UDR who murdered and colluded in murder never got charged,they all got off with mass murder,so that's the problem I have with this and why SF will fight it through the courts.Bad law.I am very happy with IRA men in government as a matter of fact over the next couple of years I will be working to get more elected so that we will never need another party to help us prevent bad laws being passed in the future.As the IRA said they only needed to be lucky once,now it's not about luck it's about strategy of turning 29 into 30.