Moyle District Council Officially Twins With Gaza City

Started by give her dixie, March 13, 2012, 12:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I think you are right mike. While I agree with the general idea that Israel is a rogue state and operates a disgraceful and aggressive war on the innocent people of Gaza but reading seafoods posts the mask tends to slip and in my mind he exhibits a hatred of Jews. I for one, a supporter of Palestinian Independence, do not want to be associated with that type of thinking.

Mike Sheehy

Exactly. What is ironic is that the obvious, vicious, anti-semitism of fellas like him fuels the paranoid, "we-wont-be-exterminated-again" mentality of the Israeli state that perpetuates this conflict.They know that he and his ilk are waiting for any sign of weakness.

Everybody knows that Israel has a case to answer for, we dont need 100 pages of cut'n'paste to tell us this, yet he bangs on and on and on about the jews. Its so obvious his hatred of jews has long outstripped any genuine  concern he might once have had for the palestinian cause.

trileacman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 01, 2012, 01:02:12 AM
Exactly. What is ironic is that the obvious, vicious, anti-semitism of fellas like him fuels the paranoid, "we-wont-be-exterminated-again" mentality of the Israeli state that perpetuates this conflict.They know that he and his ilk are waiting for any sign of weakness.

Everybody knows that Israel has a case to answer for, we dont need 100 pages of cut'n'paste to tell us this, yet he bangs on and on and on about the jews. Its so obvious his hatred of jews has long outstripped any genuine  concern he might once have had for the palestinian cause.
I said the same a couple of weeks ago. His fanaticism is particularly unnerving.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

give her dixie

Well, if you wait long enough, the truth will always emerge, and last Monday night at a council meeting of Moyle Councillors, a Sinn Fein councillor resigned and in giving her reasons, had this to say about how the party sought to bring down the twinning agreement as it had become "an embarrassment to some friends of the party"

Now, who could those friends be, and why is supporting Palestine an embarrassment?

This is the statement the former Sinn Féin councillor Margaret Anne McKillop released on the twinning.

"And in what could send shock-waves through Moyle and further afield, in her resignation statement the Councillor accuses Sinn Féin Councillors of undermining and eventually ending Moyle's Twinning Agreement with Gaza, claiming they had been instructed to, as the agreement had become "an embarrassment to some 'friends of the party'".

http://ballycastle.thechronicle.uk.com/articles/news/36446/councillor-in-shock-resignation/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

theticklemister

Quote from: give her dixie on October 18, 2013, 05:35:47 AM
Well, if you wait long enough, the truth will always emerge, and last Monday night at a council meeting of Moyle Councillors, a Sinn Fein councillor resigned and in giving her reasons, had this to say about how the party sought to bring down the twinning agreement as it had become "an embarrassment to some friends of the party"

Now, who could those friends be, and why is supporting Palestine an embarrassment?

This is the statement the former Sinn Féin councillor Margaret Anne McKillop released on the twinning.

"And in what could send shock-waves through Moyle and further afield, in her resignation statement the Councillor accuses Sinn Féin Councillors of undermining and eventually ending Moyle's Twinning Agreement with Gaza, claiming they had been instructed to, as the agreement had become "an embarrassment to some 'friends of the party'".

http://ballycastle.thechronicle.uk.com/articles/news/36446/councillor-in-shock-resignation/

Anybody anymore info on this??

give her dixie

Quote from: theticklemister on October 18, 2013, 10:47:10 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on October 18, 2013, 05:35:47 AM

Anybody anymore info on this??

This is her full statement on the Moyle Twinning, and how Sinn Fein brought it down with the help of the Unionists.

"Locally Sinn Fein Councillors undermined and eventually ended Moyle's Twinning Agreement with Gaza. Because of the makeup of the Council Sinn Fein could be seen to support the Agreement with Gaza while also undermining it. On Monday the 26th of November 2012 Sinn Fein made proposals condemning the Israeli bombardments on Gaza. With the full knowledge of Sinn Fein, Unionists made a counterproposal and the Ulster Unionist Chairman with the casting vote ended the Gaza Twinning.
I and several other Councillors questioned the rational only to be informed the Agreement
had become an embarrassment to some 'friends of the party'.  The agreement was based on humanitarianism and not politics."

keep her low this half

And if you had bothered to quote the entire chronicle article you would have noted that the Councillor who resigned only did so after she failed to get the SF nomination for the super councils next year. Apparently SF policy about Gaza and everywhere else was fine until about 10 days ago.

give her dixie

Quote from: keep her low this half on October 19, 2013, 02:09:21 AM
And if you had bothered to quote the entire chronicle article you would have noted that the Councillor who resigned only did so after she failed to get the SF nomination for the super councils next year. Apparently SF policy about Gaza and everywhere else was fine until about 10 days ago.

And if you had of bothered to read the thread title you will have seen it was about Moyle twinning with Gaza. The Coucillor gave several reasons for her resignation, and the decision by Sinn Fein to side with the Unionists and bring it down because it was "an embarrasment to some of their friends" was just one of the reasons. The question still remains, who are the friends that they are talking about?

give her dixie

Maybe it's their friend Ron Prossor, the former Israeli Ambassador to Britain, who they met at a "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel" event at Stormont a few weeks after Operation Cast Lead when 1,400 Palestinians were slaughtered?

Minder

Margaret Anne McKillop would certainly be one of the more able local councillors and I am surprised she didn't get selected for the next council elections. Who was selected?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

keep her low this half

It did not say who got the nomination but I would take a guess at Colum Thompson, although as I say that is  just a guess.

Minder

Quote from: keep her low this half on October 19, 2013, 10:04:31 PM
It did not say who got the nomination but I would take a guess at Colum Thompson, although as I say that is  just a guess.

I read earlier it was Cara McShane, Colum Thompson & Kieran Mulholland.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens abu

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on October 19, 2013, 11:04:55 PM
A woman scorned lol and Dixie :-[

Very intelligent response Glens. Nothing to say how Sinn Fein colluded with the Unionists in order to bring down the twinning because "it was an embarrassment to some of their friends"? Any idea who these "friends" are?

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on October 21, 2013, 08:43:52 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 19, 2013, 11:04:55 PM
A woman scorned lol and Dixie :-[

Very intelligent response Glens. Nothing to say how Sinn Fein colluded with the Unionists in order to bring down the twinning because "it was an embarrassment to some of their friends"? Any idea who these "friends" are?

Why don't you ask the councillor who was deselected,as I said a woman scorned.