Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
The reason Slab got done for tax evasion was because they failed to pin anything else on him. There have been more people than Slab at that crack. No evidence that the Shinners had anything to do with it.

As I said - this is payback time from the cops masquerading as a tax issue. They've wanted to jail him for years but couldn't get the evidence to do it.

In fairness fox, I've no doubt he's guilty.  I've also no doubt he was in the IRA.

Rossfan trying to connect it all to SF is a bit pathetic though.  SF are not the IRA.  This constant faux outrage towards SF for the actions of ex IRA members (who are now not connected to the party) is clearly to try to halt their rise in 26 Co. politics.  And it reeks of desperation.

I don't recognise the free state courts and their workings so any judgement they make is prejudiced, especially since the government vote in their own cronies to positions of power.

Mr Murphy certainly won't get a favourable outcome due to past speculation.

Rossfan is a pretty pathetic individual so I wouldn't be too worried what he's got to say. He's just squealing out he party line like a good little boy.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 04:03:25 PM

Jasus Franko will you come out of cloud cuckooland  :o

ask him for a lift when he's on his way out.

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 04:03:25 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 03:40:29 PM
Rossfan trying to connect it all to SF is a bit pathetic though.  SF are not the IRA.  This constant faux outrage towards SF for the actions of ex IRA members (who are now not connected to the party) is clearly to try to halt their rise in 26 Co. politics.  And it reeks of desperation.
Jasus Franko will you come out of cloud cuckooland  :o
I'm afraid only the most gullible (or SF party members) believe that oul blather. ;D
As for confusing you earlier I said the loss of potential seats (not existing ones).
Happy Christmas and hope ye're not too disappointed with ye're 22/25 seats return in Feb 16.

I neither have a vote nor particularly care what way the results go.  There are no parties in either of the jurisdictions on this island that provide any real representation (as a party - there are a few decent individuals, but party ties tend to hold them back from achieving more).

I just get a little nauseated by your inane attempts to claim some sort of victory when an old provo gets nailed for something everyone and his dog knew he was up to for years.  It's not going to make a blind bit of difference.  Pack away the party hats and streamers and save them for Christmas.

Rossfan

He could have given up his old ways when the War ended in 1998. ;)
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 05:29:18 PM
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".

Erm...which parties do you think were in power when the state got fckd up economically in the first place..

but they're OK to re-elect??

Maguire01

The only problem I can see for SF here is that Gerry will be forced to either condemn Murphy or support him (he can't escape the questions with an election looming). Both options present difficulties. His previous statements on the matter don't help him.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 18, 2015, 06:06:36 PM
The only problem I can see for SF here is that Gerry will be forced to either condemn Murphy or support him (he can't escape the questions with an election looming). Both options present difficulties. His previous statements on the matter don't help him.

I don't see why Thomas Murphy's affairs is something that needs to be brought into the political forum? Or does an elected official need to publicly comment on every politician/businessman/self-employed person's financial status?

Ridiculous.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 06:15:43 PM

I don't see why Thomas Murphy's affairs is something that needs to be brought into the political forum? Or does an elected official need to publicly comment on every politician/businessman/self-employed person's financial status?

Ridiculous.
Yeah, only Adams has a history in being vocal in supporting this particular individual.

Franko

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Hardy

Ridiculous.

Right. So that'll be an end to your Denis O'Brien/Enda Kenny schtick then?

Hardy

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
The reason Slab got done for tax evasion was because they failed to pin anything else on him.

Worked with Al Capone  so it makes perfect sense.

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on December 18, 2015, 07:52:21 PM

Ridiculous.

I've never heard Enda being asked consistently about Denis' affairs in the media. But if you'd like to start...
and Mr Murphy is pin money compared to what Dinny has been up to.

Hardy

Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 07:54:49 PM

Ridiculous.

I've never heard Enda being asked consistently about Denis' affairs in the media. But if you'd like to start...

I understand. Four legs good, two legs bad. Except ...

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on December 18, 2015, 08:01:16 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 07:54:49 PM

Ridiculous.

I understand. Four legs good, two legs bad. Except ...

Except Dinny has been directly benefitting from the politicians awards for years.
How we'd all love 100 million euro write-offs.

Rossfan

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 07:49:13 PM

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Half the 18 to 35 year olds in the 26 Cos never heard of Slabeen or loads more of the heroes of 1969 to 98.
It always makes me as a taxpayer feel good when any tax dodger is found out.
And it's a bonus if it costs SF and helps prevent them from ruining the Economy.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM