Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: AQMP on May 12, 2014, 06:11:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 12, 2014, 05:14:47 PM
Perfectly timed :

Gerry Adams claims that his arrest has galvanised SF and instead of doing it harm, has actually been a benefit and SF's vote will increase.

The Brits would do anything to get rid of us. This must be really frustrating for Unionists - they're being sold pup after pup.

Did he??  From the Iris Times:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/gerry-adams-says-his-arrest-has-galvanised-sinn-f%C3%A9in-activists-1.1792140

"More generally on his arrest Mr Adams said, "It is not beneficial to Sinn Féin, it is not beneficial to me, it is not beneficial to my family"

I didn't read that to be fair. Could Gerry possibly be saying one thing and meaning something else ?

orangeman

Robert Fisk has a view on Gerry's arrest - Glens Abu will love at least some of this.

ROBERT FISK in the Independent

Sunday 11 May 2014
The spread of British hypocrisy, from Gerry Adams and Northern Ireland to Syria
If arresting Adams just before the European elections was not political, then surely the British refusal to inquire into the slaughter in Ballymurphy
The law is the law is the law. So I was taught as a child. But it's all baloney. Take the case of Gerry Adams, "arrested" and then released after chatting to the Northern Ireland police – I notice the cops did not use the old cliché about "helping the police with their inquiries" – about the torture and murder and "disappearance" of Jean McConville. It is, to quote Fintan O'Toole, that wise old bird of Irish philosophy, "an atrocity that cries out for accountability" – in which Adams has consistently denied any involvement. Sinn Fein announced that Adams's "arrest" was political, a remark that got the usual tsk-tsk from Unionists and British alike.
But alas, Theresa Villiers, the latest in the hordes of Northern Ireland secretaries to be visited upon Belfast, also announced, a wee bit before Adams's "arrest", that there would be no independent inquiry into the killing of 11 unarmed civilians in Ballymurphy in August 1971 by soldiers of the Parachute Regiment, the most undisciplined British military unit to be sent to the province, which later killed another 14 civilians in Derry on Bloody Sunday. In the Ballymurphy shooting, the Brits managed to kill a Catholic priest carrying an improvised white flag and a mother of eight children who went to help a wounded boy. The deaths of Father Hugh Mullan and Mrs Joan Connolly were also deaths that "cry out for accountability". But of course, there will be none. Ms Villiers has seen to that.

She also ensured that there would be no inquiry into the fire-bombing of the La Mon hotel in 1978, when the IRA burned 12 people to death. Families of the dead have their suspicions that transcripts of police interviews with IRA suspects to this crime were removed from the archives to protect important people involved in the "peace process" in Northern Ireland. No complaints about that, needless to say, from the IRA. But you can see the problem: if arresting Adams just before the European elections was not political, then surely the British refusal to inquire into the slaughter in Ballymurphy – assuming the soldiers involved have not died of old age – was political. After all, the Brits know who these soldiers were, their names, their ages and ranks. They have much more than the statements of two dead IRA supporters – the "evidence" against Adams – to go on.

Now you may argue that the Saville inquiry into Bloody Sunday cost far too many millions of pounds to warrant another investigation into the Ballymurphy deaths. But then you may also ask why the soldiers who gave evidence to the original inquiry were given the cover of anonymity. This was something Gerry Adams was not offered – nor, given the favourable political fallout, was he likely to have asked for it. But then it would also be pleasant if the Brits who know something about the Dublin and Monaghan bombings during the worst days of the Irish war could pop over to Dublin and give a little evidence about this particular atrocity. No chance of that, of course.

And you don't have to stick in Ireland for further proof of legal hypocrisy. Take our beloved Home Secretary's decision to deprive British immigrants of their British passports if they go to fight Assad's regime in Syria. Quite apart from the fact that William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, and his friends originally supported the armed Syrian opposition, there are problems with the passport story. Many British supporters of Israel, for example, have fought on Israel's behalf in Israeli uniform in that country's wars. But what if they served in Israeli units known to have committed war crimes in Lebanon or Gaza? Or in the Israeli air force, which promiscuously kills civilians in war. Are they, too, to be deprived of their passports if they were not born in the UK? Of course not. One law for Muslims, another for non-Muslims – not unlike Spain's offer of passports to the descendants of those driven from their homes in the 15th century, a generous act somewhat damaged by the fact that only Jews (not Muslims) may take advantage of it.

We will not dwell upon all the other hypocrisies of the Middle East – the outrage at any Iranian interest in acquiring nuclear weapons, for example, when another country in the region has an awful lot of nuclear weapons; or US fury at Russian annexation of Crimea but no anger at all about the annexation of Golan or the theft of Arab land in the West Bank, which are equally illegal under international law. Upon such foundations is aggression built: the illegal invasion of Iraq, for instance.

I contemplate all this because of a little research I'm undertaking about a Moroccan air force colonel who, in 1972, tried to stage a coup against the brutal King Hassan who was also, by the way, quite an expert on "disappearances". Mohamed Amekrane flew to Gibraltar and threw himself upon the dodgy mercy of Her Majesty. He pleaded for asylum (after all, the coup had failed) but we packed him off back to Morocco because, while the European Convention on Human Rights gives anyone the right to leave his or her own country, no international treaty obliges a country to give that person asylum. So back Amekrane went – and was, of course, put to death. His widow eventually got £37,500 from the British government – ex gratia, needless to say, out of goodwill not guilt, you understand – and Colonel Amekrane was then erased from history. Interesting to see what happens to the ex-Brits who lose their passports for going to Syria – and have to go back to the country of their birth. They might be better off – and live longer lives – if they to go off to fight in another jihad.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: give her dixie on May 12, 2014, 05:21:31 AM
When I seen the article by my friend  Matthias Chang I immediately posted the link and asked Muppet and others to comment. I didn't have the time to check the validity of his claims, and by asking others better versed on the subject, I got a general consensus. Despite not acknowledging the replies I received,  I took on board their opinions given that they knew a whole lot more than I did. I take that you noticed that I didn't mention the article again after I got my replies?

Mike, I hope by my responses I have clarified my position, and you can see where I am coming from

You didn't have time to check the validity of his claims ::) ..... Your intent was obvious i.e trolling a tragedy with shit-stirring geopolitics. Its disgusting. You should be ashamed.

Well, some good may come of this. You may be more careful about spamming the board with the rantings of your "friends".

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 12, 2014, 08:51:19 PM
When I seen the article by my friend  Matthias Chang I immediately posted the link and asked Muppet and others to comment. I didn't have the time to check the validity of his claims, and by asking others better versed on the subject, I got a general consensus. Despite not acknowledging the replies I received,  I took on board their opinions given that they knew a whole lot more than I did. I take that you noticed that I didn't mention the article again after I got my replies?

Mike, I hope by my responses I have clarified my position, and you can see where I am coming from

You didn't have time to check the validity of his claims ::) ..... Your intent was obvious i.e trolling a tragedy with shit-stirring geopolitics. Its disgusting. You should be ashamed.

Well, some good may come of this. You may be more careful about spamming the board with the rantings of your "friends".
Did you ever come across the term chutzpah ?

give her dixie

Mike, I don't know what has happened in your life that has made you so bitter and twisted. You spew hatred and insulting remarks at me and others left right and centre every chance you get. You even put your dislike for Sinn Fein to the one side in order to back up a liar from the party in an attempt to insult me. You seen for yourself the evidence he was lying, but chose to ignore it and have a go at me.

In regards to Matthias Chang and his article he wrote, you jumped up and down on a moral soapbox to insult me and hurl personal abuse. May I remind you once again of the facts.

This was my original post Mike:

"Muppet, or anyone else a bit better versed on the subject, can you have a read at this article by a friend of mine in Malaysia.

http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politics/2014/04/malaysia-pm-top-aide-mh370-us-hidden-agenda-military-tests-unforgivable-2466278.html  "

Mike, Matthias Chang is a former political secretary to former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. He is also a highly respected human rights lawyer. Given that the missing airline is Malaysian, he had every right to publish an article, and I or others had every right to post it on a thread related to the missing flight.

I posted the link to his article and asked for others betters versed on the topic to have a look. I could of posted the article and said nothing Mike, but given the seriousness of the topic, I asked for help.

Not one single person apart from you took offence. In fact you went out of your way to try and find offence and came up with a link to one of his books in a feeble attempt to discredit him. Maybe you should have read the Barnes review on the book:

"A history-making book you'll find hard to put down. What makes Future Fastforward especially powerful and fascinating is that this is the first book critical of the New World Order and the Zionist-Anglo-American elite written by a former highranking official of a major foreign government to be published on American soil. A must read for all Americans who not only hope to have an understanding of the forces that led the United States into the world quagmire where it is today but who also pray for a better future, one in which the New World Order intriguers can be brought to heel". --Barnes Review

You never know Mike, maybe if you read it you would be in a better position to comment on the book, the author, and his character.

Given your tendency to insult people and their character and spread lies about them, you should really consider a job with Sinn Fein. Right now they are in overdrive mode blackening peoples names and character and with your vast experience, you would fit right in.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 13, 2014, 05:30:35 AM

Mike, I don't know what has happened in your life that has made you so bitter and twisted. You spew hatred and insulting remarks at me and others left right and centre every chance you get. You even put your dislike for Sinn Fein to the one side in order to back up a liar from the party in an attempt to insult me. You seen for yourself the evidence he was lying, but chose to ignore it and have a go at me.

In regards to Matthias Chang and his article he wrote, you jumped up and down on a moral soapbox to insult me and hurl personal abuse. May I remind you once again of the facts.

"Muppet, or anyone else a bit better versed on the subject, can you have a read at this article by a friend of mine in Malaysia.

http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politics/2014/04/malaysia-pm-top-aide-mh370-us-hidden-agenda-military-tests-unforgivable-2466278.html  "

Mike, Matthias Chang is a former political secretary to former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. He is also a highly respected human rights lawyer. Given that the missing airline is Malaysian, he had every right to publish an article, and I or others had every right to post it on a thread related to the missing flight.

I posted the link to his article and asked for others betters versed on the topic to have a look. I could of posted the article and said nothing Mike, but given the seriousness of the topic, I asked for help.

Not one single person apart from you took offence. In fact you went out of your way to try and find offence and came up with a link to one of his books in a feeble attempt to discredit him. Maybe you should have read the Barnes review on the book:

"A history-making book you'll find hard to put down. What makes Future Fastforward especially powerful and fascinating is that this is the first book critical of the New World Order and the Zionist-Anglo-American elite written by a former highranking official of a major foreign government to be published on American soil. A must read for all Americans who not only hope to have an understanding of the forces that led the United States into the world quagmire where it is today but who also pray for a better future, one in which the New World Order intriguers can be brought to heel". --Barnes Review

You never know Mike, maybe if you read it you would be in a better position to comment on the book, the author, and his character.

Given your tendency to insult people and their character and spread lies about them, you should really consider a job with Sinn Fein. Right now they are in overdrive mode blackening peoples names and character and with your vast experience, you would fit right in.

Dixie you said you didn't want to discuss this anymore with me and I was very happy to let you run away,but I am not prepared for you to call me a liar when debating with someone else and think you can without redress.Think this just shows the coward you are.You are the man who has been proven on this thread to be the person prepared to spread the lies of McIntyre and his cronies which in my book makes you even worse than the touts and liars that they are ,so you can go and sulk in the corner again but remember every time you come on this board with your lies I will be there to expose you for what you are. 

Applesisapples

Some difference in approach from the PSNI, grilling Adams for 4 days on the basis of some aul tapes from Boston, but their response to admissions on Panorama by members of the MRF to drive by shootings is to watch the programme and then do nothing. They did not even speak to the participants in the programme.

Rossfan

Have you complained to the Ombudsman?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 13, 2014, 08:58:18 AM

Dixie you said you didn't want to discuss this anymore with me and I was very happy to let you run away,but I am not prepared for you to call me a liar when debating with someone else and think you can without redress.Think this just shows the coward you are.You are the man who has been proven on this thread to be the person prepared to spread the lies of McIntyre and his cronies which in my book makes you even worse than the touts and liars that they are ,so you can go and sulk in the corner again but remember every time you come on this board with your lies I will be there to expose you for what you are.

Glens, may I once again remind you that you accused me doing something I didn't. I asked you to present the facts, and to date you havn't. I presented the facts to back up my position. You claimed I posted articles by Anthony McIntyre, I proved I didn't. So you see Glens, you were proven to be a liar.

Just to be crystal clear once and for all, these are the 2 links to articles by 2 men that I posted. Neither of whom are Anthony McIntyre, and neither of the articles are related to the Boston College project. And just to be crystal crystal clear for you, I will post them in full for you to see, and read.

I stand 100% behind my claims that you are a liar. I have proved that point beyond reasonable doubt.

If you disagree, sue me.

In the meantime, please stop spreading any more lies about me.

Article 1:

http://thepensivequill.am/2014/01/sinn-fein-councillor-refers-to-victims.html

Sinn Fein Councillor Refers to Victims of Suicide as 'Death Wanters.'

Thursday, January 09, 2014  AM  126 comments

Guest writer Thomas Dixie Elliot taking the media to task over its non responsiveness to a consistent patter on comments from Sinn Fein councillor Michael Henry McIvor, a frequent commenter on this blog.

Why are the media giving SF's Cookstown Councilor Michael Henry McIvor a fool's pardon in regards to the vile comments he repeatedly makes online?

He has gloated that 'dissident' groups haven't killed many Brits or cops, even in the Irish News/2006 (That's how I was able to link Michaelhenry to SF'S Michael McIvor of Cookstown).

He mocked the brutal murder of Paul Quinn and now refers to victims of suicide as "death wanters" who 'think they are to important to live' yet there is no outcry from anyone in the media or political circles.

Could you imagine the media outcry if any politician in any other political party North or South made such repugnant comments online?

Yet Michaelhenry aka Michael Henry McIvor seems for some reason to be given a fool's pardon?

For the record here is his full comment taken from The Pensive Quill...

Don't know about other peoples attitude towards wakes and funerals but I find it as awkward as fcuk going to the wake of a person who as committed suicide and having to shake hands with the relatives and not having the words except 'sorry for your loss'- the last thing them familys wanted or needed was to find a son or daughter hanging in the shed - I think those death wanters think they are to important to live.

Post number 2:

http://thepensivequill.am/2013/10/our-revenge-will-be-laughter-of-our.html

Our revenge will be the laughter of our children....

Monday, October 21, 2013  AM  54 comments

Guest writer Gerard Hodgins with a piece asking questions of Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams in relation to allegations of covering up rape. Mr Hodgins is a former blanket man who took part in the 1981 Long Kesh hunger strike.

Gerry Adams is man very much in the public eye; he leads a political party in Ireland and was once the leader of The Republican Movement. He is a consummate politician who can play the media to his tune while evading and reinventing events to his interpretation. And when the media scrutiny gets too close to the bone he invokes the prerogatives of "private family affair" and "disgruntled opponents of the peace process".

A private family affair is just that and none should ever intrude publically into a private family affair, leaving it to the family to sort. When a cynical manipulator of the media chooses to milk a private family tragedy for a political end then that act is deserving of comment and questions.

In the first instance it has to be noted that when a report of child abuse was made to the RUC in 1987 the abuse allegation was overlooked for a leverage opening on the then leader of the republican movement. The child was abandoned by the very institutions of the state set up to safeguard and protect vulnerable children. That abandonment and indifference towards the plight of the child was compounded by its abandonment by the one uncle who could have made a difference.

In the aftermath of the Liam Adams trial and with the availability of documents and court records to give a deeper understanding of what precisely happened we are undoubtedly grateful that we live in the internet age when information is accessible pretty quickly before somebody dresses it up and presents it to us as something more akin to propaganda than fact.

The raw fact that Gerry contacted the Social Services the day after confronting Liam in Buncrana to complain that Aine was living in a dirty house and had nits rather than reporting her vulnerability to an abusive parent speaks volumes for the concern Gerry the man had towards Aine the child.

Further he only broke for cover when he discovered that Chris Moore was doing a documentary for UTV which would raise disturbing questions about his role in the saga. Having assessed the immediate impact of that documentary to be inimical to Big Gerry, he and his advisors called in Tommie Gorman from RTE a couple of days later when Gerry hung his own father out to hang in that infamous interview – which was designed to further cloudy the waters, engender sympathy for poor oul Gerry and stop people asking awkward questions.

The questions didn't stop though and when Suzanne Breen forensically dissected Gerry's whole account for The Sunday Tribune she exposed lie upon lie, deceit upon deceit in Gerry's accounts.

Not that many took notice, why let little things like facts get in the way of a good counter-revolution with electoral and financial gains still to be made -- such facts can be dismissed as the moaning of disgruntled opponents of the peace process.

But they came back again in crystallised form when a jury in Belfast found Liam Adams guilty of his crimes. And the reaction again from the Sinn Fein spin machine was to shoot the messengers. Journalists who covered the story are denigrated as lacking credibility and bona fides: it's all a personal witch-hunt against Big Gerry; it's the Brits; it's the securocrats.

But the most deafening silence has been the silence of absolutely nobody from within Sinn Fein asking a question. When the Catholic Church was being excoriated (and rightly so) for their proven institutional failures in relation to child protection and cover-ups of paedophile priests, Sinn Fein were out in front of the political posse biting at the heels of Cardinal Brady and his Bishops calling for resignations and no hiding place for people who turn their backs on children in such conditions.

I don't believe Sinn Fein internally though is such a united front around the Dear Leader who everybody loves and reveres; party strategists have to be considering the negative dynamics of going into elections with the stench of sexual abuse hanging over the party. Adams is clearly no longer the magical negotiator who could sell pork to the Arabs never mind sand, his cross examination exposed him as a faltering and unconvincing witness, more a liability than an asset hence his non-recall at the second trial.

Dismissing criticism of Gerry Adams as the outworking of opponents of the peace process is a cynical manipulation of the discursive format, It is not anti-peace to question the motivations and wisdom of a leader, it is not anti-peace to call out a snake oil-salesman on his inconsistencies and evasions. As republicans committed to a republic which cherishes all of the children equally we are obligated to raise voices of concern over the abandonment of a child and the subsequent media pantomime to present the unsavoury details in a manner favourable to Big Gerry the victim .....

Gerry lives in two worlds, he has told us so in his book "A Farther Shore", there is the fictional happy ending world where we swallow his version of history/events and then there is the other world, the world of truth and reality which we are not yet mature enough to handle. Referring to the hunger strike Adams comments:

"A happy ending, finally, eventually, it seems to me is more important than a tell-all story now."

Like the hunger strike, his handling of sexual abuse allegations against a child leaves a lot more questions to be answered than clarity. There are no happy endings though: six men died unnecessarily in 1981 to get Adams into a lucrative lifestyle which has seen the poor boy from Ballymurphy move up the social ladder; abandoned child victims don't have happy endings, the memories never leave them. Then there is the matter of our patriot dead who died believing we were in this for the long haul while Gerry was secretly negotiating behind our backs to bring the war to a close. No happy endings......

We must continue to question though, to be silent is to be acquiescent. As republicans who once believed in and followed Gerry Adams we have every right to ask questions and demand full disclosure of all the secret dealings of the leadership of the Provisional high command. We deserve this and we earned the right to demand it when we stood against the British and endured all that they threw at us. It is time for the tell-all story now.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 13, 2014, 02:31:42 PM

Glens, may I once again remind you that you accused me doing something I didn't. I asked you to present the facts, and to date you havn't. I presented the facts to back up my position. You claimed I posted articles by Anthony McIntyre, I proved I didn't. So you see Glens, you were proven to be a liar.

Just to be crystal clear once and for all, these are the 2 links to articles by 2 men that I posted. Neither of whom are Anthony McIntyre, and neither of the articles are related to the Boston College project. And just to be crystal crystal clear for you, I will post them in full for you to see, and read.

I stand 100% behind my claims that you are a liar. I have proved that point beyond reasonable doubt.

If you disagree, sue me.

Article 1:

Guest writer Thomas Dixie Elliot taking the media to task over its non responsiveness to a consistent patter on comments from Sinn Fein councillor Michael Henry McIvor, a frequent commenter on this blog.

Why are the media giving SF's Cookstown Councilor Michael Henry McIvor a fool's pardon in regards to the vile comments he repeatedly makes online?

He has gloated that 'dissident' groups haven't killed many Brits or cops, even in the Irish News/2006 (That's how I was able to link Michaelhenry to SF'S Michael McIvor of Cookstown).

He mocked the brutal murder of Paul Quinn and now refers to victims of suicide as "death wanters" who 'think they are to important to live' yet there is no outcry from anyone in the media or political circles.

Could you imagine the media outcry if any politician in any other political party North or South made such repugnant comments online?

Yet Michaelhenry aka Michael Henry McIvor seems for some reason to be given a fool's pardon?

Don't know about other peoples attitude towards wakes and funerals but I find it as awkward as fcuk going to the wake of a person who as committed suicide and having to shake hands with the relatives and not having the words except 'sorry for your loss'- the last thing them familys wanted or needed was to find a son or daughter hanging in the shed - I think those death wanters think they are to important to live.

Post number 2:

Guest writer Gerard Hodgins with a piece asking questions of Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams in relation to allegations of covering up rape. Mr Hodgins is a former blanket man who took part in the 1981 Long Kesh hunger strike.

Gerry Adams is man very much in the public eye; he leads a political party in Ireland and was once the leader of The Republican Movement. He is a consummate politician who can play the media to his tune while evading and reinventing events to his interpretation. And when the media scrutiny gets too close to the bone he invokes the prerogatives of "private family affair" and "disgruntled opponents of the peace process".

A private family affair is just that and none should ever intrude publically into a private family affair, leaving it to the family to sort. When a cynical manipulator of the media chooses to milk a private family tragedy for a political end then that act is deserving of comment and questions.

In the first instance it has to be noted that when a report of child abuse was made to the RUC in 1987 the abuse allegation was overlooked for a leverage opening on the then leader of the republican movement. The child was abandoned by the very institutions of the state set up to safeguard and protect vulnerable children. That abandonment and indifference towards the plight of the child was compounded by its abandonment by the one uncle who could have made a difference.

In the aftermath of the Liam Adams trial and with the availability of documents and court records to give a deeper understanding of what precisely happened we are undoubtedly grateful that we live in the internet age when information is accessible pretty quickly before somebody dresses it up and presents it to us as something more akin to propaganda than fact.

The raw fact that Gerry contacted the Social Services the day after confronting Liam in Buncrana to complain that Aine was living in a dirty house and had nits rather than reporting her vulnerability to an abusive parent speaks volumes for the concern Gerry the man had towards Aine the child.

Further he only broke for cover when he discovered that Chris Moore was doing a documentary for UTV which would raise disturbing questions about his role in the saga. Having assessed the immediate impact of that documentary to be inimical to Big Gerry, he and his advisors called in Tommie Gorman from RTE a couple of days later when Gerry hung his own father out to hang in that infamous interview – which was designed to further cloudy the waters, engender sympathy for poor oul Gerry and stop people asking awkward questions.

The questions didn't stop though and when Suzanne Breen forensically dissected Gerry's whole account for The Sunday Tribune she exposed lie upon lie, deceit upon deceit in Gerry's accounts.

Not that many took notice, why let little things like facts get in the way of a good counter-revolution with electoral and financial gains still to be made -- such facts can be dismissed as the moaning of disgruntled opponents of the peace process.

But they came back again in crystallised form when a jury in Belfast found Liam Adams guilty of his crimes. And the reaction again from the Sinn Fein spin machine was to shoot the messengers. Journalists who covered the story are denigrated as lacking credibility and bona fides: it's all a personal witch-hunt against Big Gerry; it's the Brits; it's the securocrats.

But the most deafening silence has been the silence of absolutely nobody from within Sinn Fein asking a question. When the Catholic Church was being excoriated (and rightly so) for their proven institutional failures in relation to child protection and cover-ups of paedophile priests, Sinn Fein were out in front of the political posse biting at the heels of Cardinal Brady and his Bishops calling for resignations and no hiding place for people who turn their backs on children in such conditions.

I don't believe Sinn Fein internally though is such a united front around the Dear Leader who everybody loves and reveres; party strategists have to be considering the negative dynamics of going into elections with the stench of sexual abuse hanging over the party. Adams is clearly no longer the magical negotiator who could sell pork to the Arabs never mind sand, his cross examination exposed him as a faltering and unconvincing witness, more a liability than an asset hence his non-recall at the second trial.

Dismissing criticism of Gerry Adams as the outworking of opponents of the peace process is a cynical manipulation of the discursive format, It is not anti-peace to question the motivations and wisdom of a leader, it is not anti-peace to call out a snake oil-salesman on his inconsistencies and evasions. As republicans committed to a republic which cherishes all of the children equally we are obligated to raise voices of concern over the abandonment of a child and the subsequent media pantomime to present the unsavoury details in a manner favourable to Big Gerry the victim .....

Gerry lives in two worlds, he has told us so in his book "A Farther Shore", there is the fictional happy ending world where we swallow his version of history/events and then there is the other world, the world of truth and reality which we are not yet mature enough to handle. Referring to the hunger strike Adams comments:

"A happy ending, finally, eventually, it seems to me is more important than a tell-all story now."

Like the hunger strike, his handling of sexual abuse allegations against a child leaves a lot more questions to be answered than clarity. There are no happy endings though: six men died unnecessarily in 1981 to get Adams into a lucrative lifestyle which has seen the poor boy from Ballymurphy move up the social ladder; abandoned child victims don't have happy endings, the memories never leave them. Then there is the matter of our patriot dead who died believing we were in this for the long haul while Gerry was secretly negotiating behind our backs to bring the war to a close. No happy endings......

We must continue to question though, to be silent is to be acquiescent. As republicans who once believed in and followed Gerry Adams we have every right to ask questions and demand full disclosure of all the secret dealings of the leadership of the Provisional high command. We deserve this and we earned the right to demand it when we stood against the British and endured all that they threw at us. It is time for the tell-all story now.

sue you !!!! Wise up,but you once again you prove that you did put up posts from the Pensive quill which is edited and the publication of Antony McIntrye a proven liar.A man who got vulnerable people to tout on their former comrades,who was involved in Proiry Hall which meant people lost everything and again I will state a FACtT that one young man took his own life because of this.McIntyre is total disgrace but your hatred for Adams and SF is so strong you are prepared to help spread his propaganda.About time you took a step back in your support form this mans lies and we might let sleeping dogs lie

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 13, 2014, 02:31:42 PM

If you disagree, sue me.

Article 1:

Post number 2:

Great to see now O'Rawe suing Boston college  ;D ;only wanted his lies to be heard after his death,balls or what. ;D ;D

foxcommander

Quote from: glens abu on May 13, 2014, 04:36:57 PM
Great to see now O'Rawe suing Boston college  ;D ;only wanted his lies to be heard after his death,balls or what. ;D ;D
You obviously haven't read his book. A great piece of fiction although I still prefer the Harry Potter series.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

glens abu

Quote from: foxcommander on May 13, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 13, 2014, 04:36:57 PM
You obviously haven't read his book. A great piece of fiction although I still prefer the Harry Potter series.

I wouldn't waste my time to read that but no doubt Dixie will post extracts or maybe he already has.

Rossfan

Must be time to close the Gens/Dixie spat. :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2014, 05:29:12 PM
Must be time to close the Gens/Dixie spat. :-X

Dixie closed it which I was happy enough with but then came back sniping at me when debating with somebody else. He can't have it both ways,but I am happy to let it go now.