Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 28, 2013, 09:45:04 AM
Mayogodhelpus. Please define a 6 County accent

Yes quite, did they use the word sit-yee-ashun??

deiseach

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 28, 2013, 09:45:04 AM
Mayogodhelpus. Please define a 6 County accent

Listen to Nathan Carter. There you have it.

Declan

Latest from the bye election

10% boxes open - mainly from south. FG 42%, FF 31%, SF 10%, Gilroy 6%,Lab 4%

FG to win it, good result for FF, seat here at next election, SF could be doing better, not bad for DDI and awful for Labour who could come in 5th.

My fellow constituents (well those 38% who bothered to vote) have really rattled the cages of the establishment  >:( >:(

Rossfan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 28, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
Yes 100% of those I heard speak and had a tricolour draped over them had 6 county accents.
Would you know the difference between a Lifford and a Strabane accent y'eejit  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: theticklemister on March 28, 2013, 06:57:38 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 27, 2013, 01:54:31 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2013, 12:37:02 AM
QuoteYes, he has every right. Forget sensible politics and good community relations - he got to wave a flag. Sound familiar?

An Irish person celebrating St Patrick's day as people do in Melbourne, New York, Madrid and Moscow has nothing whatsoever to do with a crowd of sectarian bigots blocking roads.

This is like Orange Order = GAA, a fallacious attempt to equate two things that are not similar.

I noticed this Paddy's Day here in Liverpool, every single person I saw with a tricolour draped over them and I also heard speak were from the North.

All of them?

Yes 100% of those I heard speak and had a tricolour draped over them had 6 county accents. I cannot comment on those I did not hear speak.
Perhaps that is because they are denied their nationality at home and take comfort in being able to display their flag. And what the f**k is a 6 county accent? People from Cross have Louth aceents, Cavan and Monaghan could well be in Fermanagh or Armagh as for Donegal and Derry..... Not a great fan myself of wrapping the flag around me but what right have you to denigrate those that do?

Applesisapples

In relation to SF, what Conor Murphy's niece does is no reelection on him or SF. Indeed if you read the facts of the case she in fact was guilty of being naive and trusting the wrong people but again not Conor's fault. Where SF do need to buck up ideas is on the whole managing of the economy, they need to take hard decisions and not populist decisions. As for unity I've give my opinion on that before.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 28, 2013, 12:34:36 PM
QuoteYes, he has every right. Forget sensible politics and good community relations - he got to wave a flag. Sound familiar?

An Irish person celebrating St Patrick's day as people do in Melbourne, New York, Madrid and Moscow has nothing whatsoever to do with a crowd of sectarian bigots blocking roads.

This is like Orange Order = GAA, a fallacious attempt to equate two things that are not similar.

I noticed this Paddy's Day here in Liverpool, every single person I saw with a tricolour draped over them and I also heard speak were from the North.

All of them?

Yes 100% of those I heard speak and had a tricolour draped over them had 6 county accents. I cannot comment on those I did not hear speak.
Perhaps that is because they are denied their nationality at home and take comfort in being able to display their flag. And what the f**k is a 6 county accent? People from Cross have Louth aceents, Cavan and Monaghan could well be in Fermanagh or Armagh as for Donegal and Derry..... Not a great fan myself of wrapping the flag around me but what right have you to denigrate those that do?

I did not say accent, I said accents. Mostly East of the Bann folk, hard not miss those harsh tones. Lots of Tyrone accents too. I have lots of friends from East of the Bann and Tyrone so I am pretty sure what their accents sound like. The other thing that disgusts me is the way 6 county folk and a few others from along the border ruin the Fields of Athenry by adding the words "SF & "IRA".
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2013, 11:40:41 AM
Yes 100% of those I heard speak and had a tricolour draped over them had 6 county accents.
Would you know the difference between a Lifford and a Strabane accent y'eejit  ;D

Did I say they were from Lifford or Strabane?  :P

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2013, 11:38:26 PM
QuoteBut I don't expect you or glens abu to agree.

Are the Red Arrows unjustified in coming to Downpatrick because this guy takes offence?

They used to get a huge turnout in Galway City. I remember a Mayo V Galway match a few years ago, after the match a huge majority of 34,000 GAA fans flowed down the hill from Pearse Stadium to the seafront in Salthill to join the 100,000 already there to watch RAF redarrows, Dutch airforce, Irish Air Corps, USAF, Lufwaffe and others and Irish Navy ships in the bay. The RAF & Lufwaffe were the most popular from the crowds reactions.

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2013, 11:38:26 PM
QuoteBut I don't expect you or glens abu to agree.

Are the Red Arrows unjustified in coming to Downpatrick because this guy takes offence?
I wouldn't let one person's wishes dictate events.

Anyway, given that his party colleague invited an MoD Chinook back into the country this week, i'm not sure I understand the problem with the red arrows.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2013, 11:40:41 AM

:D
I know I can't differentiate between Donegal and Derry. Fair dues to mghu for managing it...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 28, 2013, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 28, 2013, 12:34:36 PM

All of them?

I did not say accent, I said accents. Mostly East of the Bann folk, hard not miss those harsh tones. Lots of Tyrone accents too. I have lots of friends from East of the Bann and Tyrone so I am pretty sure what their accents sound like. The other thing that disgusts me is the way 6 county folk and a few others from along the border ruin the Fields of Athenry by adding the words "SF & "IRA".
For some one who has railed in the past at being called a free stater you are handy with the oul 6 county title.

orangeman

Sensible boy Paul Frew - he has little to be at.

RAF Chinook helicopters which had been drafted in to help with food drops have been stood down by the Department of Agriculture.

The Ministry of Defence told the BBC the helicopter would no longer be making drops but is still on standby if required.

The helicopter travelled from its base in Hampshire on Tuesday.

DUP Agriculture spokesman Paul Frew has criticised Agriculture Minister Michelle O'Neill for her decision to stop using the helicopters.

The helicopter made food drops to thousands of animals stranded, mostly in the Glens of Antrim, which has been one of the areas worst affected by the snow.

A member of staff from the Department of Agriculture travelled with the Chinook crew to tell them exactly where to drop the feed.

Paul Frew MLA said: "This decision is one that ranks of stupidity and is only being made to satisfy republican ideology and to protect Sinn Fein's green clouded myth, that they sell their electorate, that somehow they are not part of the UK .

"She has betrayed the very people she is supposed to protect and represent , the farming community, at a time when they needed the department the most.

"How dare they withdraw much needed air support when we are still in the grip of this crisis, when so many are still stranded, when so many are still in despair trying to locate their livestock or more importantly trying to feed the livestock that is still alive.

"This is a fundamental error of judgement by the DARD Minister and it's very clear she is either ignoring the plight of the farmer or she has misjudged the scale of this crisis."

Wildweasel74

seen the red arrows last yr at portrush, dont see what the problem is, royal marine commando storming the beach at the port, oh the offense. went to the military show at the port last summer too, disappointing that the spitfire and lancaster bomber couldnt come that sunday at the airshow. I was always into planes when i was young so i go to these shows when i can.Am irish, not a  die hard and can go to events like these and not be offended. Problem up here is people on both sides go out of their way to be offended. If councillors running the councils and country took as big a interest in planning issues, rates, employment, helping the eldery, health service, we wouldnt be seen as the backward bunch of bible thumping never on a  sunday, gay bashing politicians on i side and the am more of a Irishman than u Southerners, united ireland even if we all unemployed,its our way or the highway republican politicians on the other, plus the inbetweeners.

Franko