Outside Managers-Own County Managers

Started by Bud Wiser, July 24, 2010, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

This board is gone to the cats, hard to know what is a wind up and what is not.  A while back I started a thread about outside managers and own county managers and now I sees that my fav journalsits, Conor Mckeon and Frank Roche in the Herald have compiled the following:

GLORY COMES WITH NATIVE AT THE HELM
One point is awarded for every championship win, with an additional five for annexing a provincial title and 10 for an All-Ireland. At the end of June the Natives were outperforming the outsiders by 18 points to 13 in football but their lead has now stretched to an unassailable 49-20.  Home Managers won all provincial titles, Jack O'Connor- Kerry, Eamonn O'Brian for Meath (I would have said Martin Sludden) Mickey Harte for Tyrone and Fergal O'Donnell for Roscommon.

Key defeats/wins were O'Connor for Kerry against Limericks Mickey Ned and O'Donnells Rossies against Galways Kevin Walsh.

Points scorers.
HOMEBIRDS.
Meath x 9, Kerry x 8, Roscommon x 8, Tyrone x 8, Louth x 3 (?) Down x 3, Dublin x 3, Monaghan x 2, Derry x 2, Cork x 2, Fermanagh x 2.
HIGHER PAID MANAGERS
Armagh x 3, Kildare x 3, Offaly x 2, Wexford x 2, Sligo x 2, Galway x 2,  Westmeath, Limerick,Longford, Tipp, Wickla and Waterford.

If Meath had not been given the Leinster Final that Louth won the score would remain the same because Louths manager is Pete Fitzpatrick from Louth who bolted from his dugout to run to the assistannce of Martin Sluddin at the end of the Leinster Final.

Now, if you add all those figures together you have the most useless pile of information I can give you for today.

PS Hope I haven't offended anybody.
And PS again.  I have edited the real version of this because I could not copy and paste.  Some of the words like higher paid managers are mine and the figures are from the article.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"