TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 09, 2020, 03:32:15 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 08, 2020, 08:14:58 PM
Cobra Kai is surprisingly good.

Yeah I liked it, but "daniel son" can't act for sh*t.

Loved Cobra Kai, but been waiting a year and a half for another season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

Boycey

Anyone had a look at Tehran? It's an Israeli kind of Homeland thing. I think it's on Apple+ tv. Its on my VOD and I watched the 1st three episodes over the last few nights and quite enjoyed it.

Although being an Israeli production I don't see it ending well for the Iranians.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

nrico2006

Read something about the showrunner, who left after season 4, returning - sounds promising.

Main Street

Ted Lasso's sidekick Coach Beard, has sensationally moved on to take up 2 coaching roles, with Dundalk and Southampton.

BennyCake

Afterlife, brilliant. Ricky Gervais was excellent.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2020, 10:38:17 PM
Afterlife, brilliant. Ricky Gervais was excellent.

plus 1

Life. BBC drama good also

Main Street

On BBC  this evening part 2 of Steve McQueen's 6 part mini series about the experience of West indian ethnic community living in London, starting from around the late1960s. The first episode "Mangrove" set in Ladbroke Grove was brilliant.

Dar31

I agree afterlife is excellent and im not a big ricky Gervais fan but he plays the part perfect in afterlife

BennyCake

Quote from: Dar31 on November 22, 2020, 07:31:01 PM
I agree afterlife is excellent and im not a big ricky Gervais fan but he plays the part perfect in afterlife

Finished Derek this week too. Very good too. A few episodes would make you sob like a baby. Some very emotional moments. Worth a watch.

dublin7

Quote from: Dar31 on November 22, 2020, 07:31:01 PM

All his other shows have finished after 2 seasons, but given the positive responses he had for Afterlife he's considering doing a 3rd season

Dar31

Hopefully he will do another season of afterlife . Lillyhammer on netflix is excellent i dont know has it been mentioned about an ex mafia lad turned witness. Yellowstone about a big ranch near the yellowstone park and how everyone wants to take it and he will do anything to stop that happening .  911is another good show about a fire rescue station in america and all the mad things that happen on shift jeniffer love hewitt comes into it in season 3 i think and damn she is 🔥 🔥

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on November 22, 2020, 01:01:32 PM
On BBC  this evening part 2 of Steve McQueen's 6 part mini series about the experience of West indian ethnic community living in London, starting from around the late1960s. The first episode "Mangrove" set in Ladbroke Grove was brilliant

Watched both of these, excellent. The second one reminded me of my "yoot" in deepest Small Heath. We used to go to those "Blues" parties and the programme caught the atmosphere of one of these brilliantly. There was always an underlying tension at them (not racial unless you call the West Indian's dislike of people not from their own island, or indeed the Jamaican's antagonism towards city/country people).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered