TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: gallsman on September 10, 2020, 08:59:24 AM
I enjoyed first season of Goliath. Then the second season went batshit crazy and somehow was about amputee fetishes and gave up completely. Absolute nonsense.

The third season is even weirder. Gave up after 1 episode. Yeah the first season was excellent.

nrico2006

Nobody watch the finale of the 100?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Watched the social dilemma on Netflix...

Kids are screwed!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Watched a right bit recently.

Criminal S2 - Very good this time around enjoyed all 4

The Startup - Fairly enjoyable mayor that mixes tech with gangsters in Miami quite slick but enjoyable

The Americans - Really good as well think it's been mentioned here before but worth a prime binge
Umbrella Academy - Slick comic book show but very enjoyable and quite fast paced I liked it as well

Any new recommendations? Been flicking through the streaming platforms the last week without anything particularly standing out!

Main Street

Take a walk on the wild side, Fargo S4  with Chris Rock, 3 episodes in so far.  Jelly and ice cream.

Milltown Row2

David Attenborough's new show! Worlds fucked
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Ted Lasso. Comedy about american football coach who takes over an EPL team. Series just finished on apple. Well worth watching

An Watcher

American Murder on netflix - excellent but rough viewing too

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on October 07, 2020, 10:17:18 PM
American Murder on netflix - excellent but rough viewing too

Should be in the WTF thread

Main Street

Quote from: dublin7 on October 07, 2020, 09:44:42 PM
Ted Lasso. Comedy about american football coach who takes over an EPL team. Series just finished on apple. Well worth watching
I enjoyed it.
That Man City striker on loan, looked a bit like our very own Robbie Keane.

nrico2006

One thing that I found interesting at the time it happened was how quickly he was convicted and sentenced from the time of the crime.  It happened in August 2018 and I think he was sentenced in November of that year too.  Alot of speculation now as to what changed him, from steroids to those weight loss patches that he wore all the time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on October 07, 2020, 10:39:35 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 07, 2020, 09:44:42 PM
I enjoyed it.
That Man City striker on loan, looked a bit like our very own Robbie Keane.

Can't believe I forgot to add it into my list. . . very enjoyable upbeat comedy definitely worth watching!!

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 09:15:36 AM
One thing that I found interesting at the time it happened was how quickly he was convicted and sentenced from the time of the crime.  It happened in August 2018 and I think he was sentenced in November of that year too.  Alot of speculation now as to what changed him, from steroids to those weight loss patches that he wore all the time.

I actually watched it last night and intended mentioning today here, without wanting to give too much away to those that haven't seen it yet but I found the last couple of minutes incredibly chilling.

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2020, 11:59:26 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 09:15:36 AM

I actually watched it last night and intended mentioning today here, without wanting to give too much away to those that haven't seen it yet but I found the last couple of minutes incredibly chilling.

Two other true crime documentaries that, in my opinion, warrant watching for their surrealness are The Staircase and The Jinx.

tbrick18

I was recently telling my kids about Lost and then it appeared on Amazon.
So I've been re-watching it with my teenage kids. They're hooked. It's still confusing as feck even on the second watch, but I have to say, I still enjoy it.
Just trying not to think about how it ends.