Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

How's the weather in the capital? I think a dirty aul day in Dublin will suit mayo the very best

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: An Watcher on August 10, 2019, 07:43:53 AM
How's the weather in the capital? I think a dirty aul day in Dublin will suit mayo the very best

The weather is not good this morning but I really don't see that being decisive either way. This Dublin team has won in all weathers over the past five years.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hound

It's absolute pants.

Feck the players, it's me getting drownded that I'm worried about!

RedHand88

Bring scuba gear.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2019, 08:45:30 AM
It's absolute pants.

Feck the players, it's me getting drownded that I'm worried about!

You're number 1 as my oul fella keeps saying.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Any word on a Mayo team or are we just going to let the u17s play on?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

moysider

McLoughlin and Boland in for Doc and Higgins

Hound

Higgins not picked in the 15. McLoughlin and Boland at half forward, Coen 4, Durkan 7. Rest as is.

joemamas

Quote from: highorlow on August 10, 2019, 10:37:29 AM
Any word on a Mayo team or are we just going to let the u17s play on?

Nice one

Windy in Dublin, sun trying to break out.

t_mac

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 09, 2019, 09:12:46 PM
So if Dublin start as selected it will be 13 changes from last week with just Byrne,McCarthy starting again. And both of those players were subbed off at half time last Sunday.

Aye but Dublin took last week more seriously.  ;D

Halfquarter

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2019, 07:14:21 AM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 09, 2019, 11:34:48 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 09, 2019, 10:53:59 PM
Connolly saunters in 2/3 of the way through the season and takes someones jersey.  That approach never ends well.

Aw you'd imagine whoever misses out on 26 would be raging. Connolly is a class footballer, but some of those Dublin lads must have been training all year and to see him just come back and get a jersey would annoy ya.

Dublin's bench doesn't seem to be as strong as recent years. I'd say Mayo will still need to be up by three points with ten minutes to go to have any chance. Their legs will give out in the end.

It's Darren Gavin's jersey he's taken, so very wishful thinking to think anybody is upset (apart from Darren upset that he's not fit)

Out of the 11 subs, Jim has gone for a keeper, 4 covering the backs, 2 covering midfield/half forward and 4 covering the full forward line type positions.

Unfortunately for Brogan and O'Gara, Jim picked Andrews, Costello, Kev Mac, Paddy Small as inside forwards.
Nobody with a clue would think Connolly took Brogan's jersey.
Hardly wishful thinking, missing out on a place in the 26 for an All Îreland semi final is bound to be disappointing , they are not machines !

MayoBuck

Clarke, Vaughan and Diarmuid O'Connor named on mayo bench

Hound

Quote from: Halfquarter on August 10, 2019, 12:33:33 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2019, 07:14:21 AM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 09, 2019, 11:34:48 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 09, 2019, 10:53:59 PM
Connolly saunters in 2/3 of the way through the season and takes someones jersey.  That approach never ends well.

Aw you'd imagine whoever misses out on 26 would be raging. Connolly is a class footballer, but some of those Dublin lads must have been training all year and to see him just come back and get a jersey would annoy ya.

Dublin's bench doesn't seem to be as strong as recent years. I'd say Mayo will still need to be up by three points with ten minutes to go to have any chance. Their legs will give out in the end.

It's Darren Gavin's jersey he's taken, so very wishful thinking to think anybody is upset (apart from Darren upset that he's not fit)

Out of the 11 subs, Jim has gone for a keeper, 4 covering the backs, 2 covering midfield/half forward and 4 covering the full forward line type positions.

Unfortunately for Brogan and O'Gara, Jim picked Andrews, Costello, Kev Mac, Paddy Small as inside forwards.
Nobody with a clue would think Connolly took Brogan's jersey.
Hardly wishful thinking, missing out on a place in the 26 for an All Îreland semi final is bound to be disappointing , they are not machines !
Well of course, the same as any team at any time !
The point is Connolly did not take Brogan's place. If Connolly hadn't returned that position would have been taken by someone else who can cover midfield and wing forward.

Hound

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 10, 2019, 12:38:32 PM
Clarke, Vaughan and Diarmuid O'Connor named on mayo bench
Ruane presumably too.
What about Parsons?

MayoBuck

Clarke
O'Donoghue
Higgins
Plunkett
Parsons
Vaughan