Vitriol and Hatred in the GAA....

Started by 5 Sams, July 09, 2013, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2013, 01:58:41 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 11, 2013, 01:48:54 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2013, 01:40:42 PM
There was a few years when I hated Crossmolina. Now the poor divils are to be pitied as they have only relegation from the top flight to play for from now until the end of the year. ;)
Ye're an aggressive bunch aren't ye beyond Childers Heights....
Hard to believe it'll be 10 years this Christmas since the trilogy of games when we beat Cross in the league final, the fact that it was held in Ballina made it all the more sweeter! :D
Never get anywhere with those chips on you're shoulders my friend! I quite like Knockmore, Pontoon is a great spot sure!

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on July 11, 2013, 02:04:26 PM
There was a few years when I hated Crossmolina. Now the poor divils are to be pitied as they have only relegation from the top flight to play for from now until the end of the year. ;)
Hard to believe it'll be 10 years this Christmas since the trilogy of games when we beat Cross in the league final, the fact that it was held in Ballina made it all the more sweeter! :D
Never get anywhere with those chips on you're shoulders my friend! I quite like Knockmore, Pontoon is a great spot sure!

Ye Sligo men are fairly wild types.

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on July 11, 2013, 02:04:26 PM
Is Pontoon in Backs?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

gerrykeegan

Confirmation that Ilunga appeal has been successful and he is cleared to play in next Sundays Leinster final. Team line up to follow
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Syferus

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 11, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
Confirmation that Ilunga appeal has been successful and he is cleared to play in next Sundays Leinster final. Team line up to follow

Utterly ridiculous.

Glensman

Some serious hatred/vitriol historically and with some still between Loughgiel and Dunloy in Antrim hurling. Of late, due to a few serious personalty clashes it's Loughgiel v Cushendall.

Sad thing is, though we're no world beaters, it does impact our county team to a degree.

There would be alot of beating lumps out of each other and for a minority but a strong and vocal one not too many handshakes.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

Utterly ridiculous.

Westmeath said he didn't strike the Meath player and video evidence was used to clear Ilunga.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 12, 2013, 01:42:47 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

Utterly ridiculous.

Westmeath said he didn't strike the Meath player and video evidence was used to clear Ilunga.

Didn't know that. I had assumed that it had to do with the racism angle, which really shouldn't have any bearing on if a player is suspended for lashing out or not.