will mickey harte ever keep quiet?

Started by shamateur gaels, April 09, 2009, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone exile on April 13, 2009, 01:23:19 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 13, 2009, 01:12:29 AM
It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference. For what it is worth when Mickey is long retired he will be remembered for what Tyrone achieved when he was manager not his views on the rules, compromise series, using Croke park, contraceptives, God...     
His views on contraceptives could hardly be regarded as controversial considering he is a practising catholic.

Who said they were controversial?

tyrone exile

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 13, 2009, 01:40:13 AM
It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference. For what it is worth when Mickey is long retired he will be remembered for what Tyrone achieved when he was manager not his views on the rules, compromise series, using Croke park, contraceptives, God...     
His views on contraceptives could hardly be regarded as controversial considering he is a practising catholic.

I cant imagine them being remembered if there not controversial.

tyronefan

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2009, 01:25:19 AM
It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference.
That's exactly what i'm saying.

To take it to an extreme, for illustrative purposes only of course, if someone was a great footballer/hurler, but committed an act of mass murder, it wouldn't undermine their playing ability, but would most likely overshadow it.

I stand corrected

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone exile on April 13, 2009, 01:43:04 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 13, 2009, 01:40:13 AM

I cant imagine them being remembered if there not controversial.

:D That's what I said! 'he will be remembered for what he achieved as a manager not his views... Jees! I'm away to bed...

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2009, 12:53:39 AM
Quote from: ONeill on April 12, 2009, 10:47:23 PM
Really?

I judge a manager on his managerial capabilities. I judge a player on what he does on a field.

If Mickey Harte admitted he was a cannibal, it would not affect his reputation as a manager one iota. I'm surprised you buy into that redtop mindset.
Redtop mindset? How so?

All i'm saying is that we all seem to be talking about Mickey in relation to his seemingly constant moaning rather than his 'day job'. This is overshadowing his considerable managerial capabilities.

Mmm, I then suggest you move in different circles if all you're doing is talking about Mickey Harte's views. Mickey Harte writes a column for the Irish News. He is interviewed regularly by the nation's media. If you cannot stomach that, write a few letters in to the papers saying you cannot listen to him any more as it's overshadowing his managerial achievements.

Sweet Jaysus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on April 13, 2009, 07:59:38 AM
Mmm, I then suggest you move in different circles if all you're doing is talking about Mickey Harte's views.
I'm talking about on this board. I rarely feel the need to spend too much of my time talking about Mickey Harte's views in the 'real world'.

Quote from: ONeill on April 13, 2009, 07:59:38 AM
Mickey Harte writes a column for the Irish News. He is interviewed regularly by the nation's media. If you cannot stomach that, write a few letters in to the papers saying you cannot listen to him any more as it's overshadowing his managerial achievements.
Yes, and add to the coverage.
Again, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that big of a concern.