Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Here's his latest instalment . . .

AZOffaly

Jaysus Mary Lou looks more like an Oompah Loompah than a witch. Go easy on the auld fake tan there ML.

Agent Orange

Did someone mention a witch.

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on October 31, 2014, 02:56:23 PM

To be Fair (no pun intended) Martina looks scary though.

Denn Forever

Quote from: screenexile on October 31, 2014, 02:56:23 PM

Quite clever.  I'm sure  there  is something similar with 4 female unionist politiciions.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

You could never accuse Gerry of employing people for their looks.  :o

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 01, 2014, 02:18:20 PM
You could never accuse Gerry of employing people for their looks.  :o

Don't know if he is bothered how others look:

Gerry Adams @GerryAdamsSF  ยท  Oct 31
I dressed up as meself.
MWWSI 2017

God14

(from www.bbc.co.uk/ni)
Willie Frazer's challenge over George Galloway remarks fails.

Willie Frazer has failed to be discharged from an undertaking not to repeat allegedly defamatory comments about George Galloway on social media.

The proceedings centre on a speech by the loyalist campaigner at a protest outside the Ulster Hall in Belfast.

Demonstrations were staged against Mr Galloway's appearance there in August.

Mr Frazer's application was rejected amid new opposition to him enlisting a high-profile union flag protester to offer courtroom advice.

With Mr Frazer defending the Respect MP's action without a lawyer, he has brought in Jamie Bryson to act his non-legally qualified 'McKenzie friend'.

But counsel for Mr Galloway claimed that his involvement was inappropriate due to alleged comments on social media.

'He's laughing'

The barrister told Belfast High Court: "I'm deeply unhappy about Mr Bryson being involved as a McKenzie friend in this case.

"My attention has been brought to his blog this morning in which he's made various observations about the Northern Ireland justice system."

Sitting just a few feet away at the legal tables, Mr Bryson appeared taken aback by the objection to his involvement.

The barrister continued: "He's laughing, but he has said when you enter a Northern Ireland courtroom you enter a sham. That's on his blog."

A judge was told the plaintiff's legal team want to carry out further research before deciding whether to mount a bid to have Mr Bryson excluded.

Respect MP Mr Galloway is suing Mr Frazer and internet giant Google for alleged defamation and harassment over what was said at the 23 August picket and posted online.

Video viewed 17,000 times

The MP for Bradford West claims sectarian and false remarks about him at the picket constituted hate speech that significantly heightened tensions.

In legal papers he listed a series of allegations made about him, categorically denying them all.

George Galloway in Belfast's Ulster Hall George Galloway addressed a public speaking event in the Ulster Hall on the night of the protest
A video allegedly posted on YouTube by Mr Frazer of his protest speech at the scene was viewed more than 17,000 times.

In September, Mr Frazer gave an undertaking not to republish the comments on social media until the wider action was determined.

But he returned to court seeking to be relieved from that pledge because of the anticipated length of time it could take to deal with the case.

He also claimed to have uncovered new "offensive" information through his own research.

Refusing his application, however, the judge said the legal test involved establishing new facts that could not reasonably have been discovered at the time of the undertaking.

"I do not consider there is appropriate material to discharge," he confirmed.

'Wish I had stuck to my guns'

Following his verdict, Mr Galloway's barrister sought an order for costs of the hearing.

"This application was wholly unmeritorious and should never have been brought," he argued.

Mr Frazer responded by claiming he would never have agreed to remove the allegedly defamatory posting if he had known what was to follow.

"I wish now I had stuck to my guns, but I didn't because I was ignorant of how the law works," he said.

Following submissions the judge held that a decision on costs should be adjourned until after a final outcome in the case.
________________________________________________________________________________
Just reading that last bit about costs, Willie isn't going to have as much as a pot to piss in once this is over. Surely someone in his family, or social circle has had the gumption to tell him that he is certain to loose this case and would be better to take a step back for a change.
Im sure he doesn't have much capital behind him, but this will cost him his home. It will really impact on his family etc.
He has given us all a great laugh over the past few years - stirred up some real bad shit too - but he is about to learn a very painful lesson.

TabClear

Quote from: God14 on November 07, 2014, 09:10:26 AM
(from www.bbc.co.uk/ni)
Willie Frazer's challenge over George Galloway remarks fails.

Willie Frazer has failed to be discharged from an undertaking not to repeat allegedly defamatory comments about George Galloway on social media.

The proceedings centre on a speech by the loyalist campaigner at a protest outside the Ulster Hall in Belfast.

Demonstrations were staged against Mr Galloway's appearance there in August.

Mr Frazer's application was rejected amid new opposition to him enlisting a high-profile union flag protester to offer courtroom advice.

With Mr Frazer defending the Respect MP's action without a lawyer, he has brought in Jamie Bryson to act his non-legally qualified 'McKenzie friend'.

But counsel for Mr Galloway claimed that his involvement was inappropriate due to alleged comments on social media.

'He's laughing'

The barrister told Belfast High Court: "I'm deeply unhappy about Mr Bryson being involved as a McKenzie friend in this case.

"My attention has been brought to his blog this morning in which he's made various observations about the Northern Ireland justice system."

Sitting just a few feet away at the legal tables, Mr Bryson appeared taken aback by the objection to his involvement.

The barrister continued: "He's laughing, but he has said when you enter a Northern Ireland courtroom you enter a sham. That's on his blog."

A judge was told the plaintiff's legal team want to carry out further research before deciding whether to mount a bid to have Mr Bryson excluded.

Respect MP Mr Galloway is suing Mr Frazer and internet giant Google for alleged defamation and harassment over what was said at the 23 August picket and posted online.

Video viewed 17,000 times

The MP for Bradford West claims sectarian and false remarks about him at the picket constituted hate speech that significantly heightened tensions.

In legal papers he listed a series of allegations made about him, categorically denying them all.

George Galloway in Belfast's Ulster Hall George Galloway addressed a public speaking event in the Ulster Hall on the night of the protest
A video allegedly posted on YouTube by Mr Frazer of his protest speech at the scene was viewed more than 17,000 times.

In September, Mr Frazer gave an undertaking not to republish the comments on social media until the wider action was determined.

But he returned to court seeking to be relieved from that pledge because of the anticipated length of time it could take to deal with the case.

He also claimed to have uncovered new "offensive" information through his own research.

Refusing his application, however, the judge said the legal test involved establishing new facts that could not reasonably have been discovered at the time of the undertaking.

"I do not consider there is appropriate material to discharge," he confirmed.

'Wish I had stuck to my guns'

Following his verdict, Mr Galloway's barrister sought an order for costs of the hearing.

"This application was wholly unmeritorious and should never have been brought," he argued.

Mr Frazer responded by claiming he would never have agreed to remove the allegedly defamatory posting if he had known what was to follow.

"I wish now I had stuck to my guns, but I didn't because I was ignorant of how the law works," he said.

Following submissions the judge held that a decision on costs should be adjourned until after a final outcome in the case.
________________________________________________________________________________
Just reading that last bit about costs, Willie isn't going to have as much as a pot to piss in once this is over. Surely someone in his family, or social circle has had the gumption to tell him that he is certain to loose this case and would be better to take a step back for a change.
Im sure he doesn't have much capital behind him, but this will cost him his home. It will really impact on his family etc.
He has given us all a great laugh over the past few years - stirred up some real bad shit too - but he is about to learn a very painful lesson.
[/b]

There will not be many tears shed if that is the case.

brokencrossbar1

I know who the QC is who is representing Galloway and to say he is going to rip Willie a new one is an understatement!!!!  I really think that the only way that Willie can be stopped in spouting his bilious nonsense is to hit him as hard as possible where it hurts and that is in his pocket.  Bankrupt him and see where he runs to then, Mr O'Bryson won't be helping him out at that stage ;D

angermanagement

Has he anything to lose though? He's on DLA i'm led to believe and if he doesn't own his own house its no big deal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: angermanagement on November 07, 2014, 10:59:27 AM
Has he anything to lose though? He's on DLA i'm led to believe and if he doesn't own his own house its no big deal.

As far as I know he owns his own house and i'd say he has a few shillings wormed away.

haveaharp

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 07, 2014, 10:55:22 AM
I know who the QC is who is representing Galloway and to say he is going to rip Willie a new one is an understatement!!!!  I really think that the only way that Willie can be stopped in spouting his bilious nonsense is to hit him as hard as possible where it hurts and that is in his pocket.  Bankrupt him and see where he runs to then, Mr O'Bryson won't be helping him out at that stage ;D

Seamy maybe could get him a few shifts at the taxi firm ?

gallsman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 07, 2014, 11:02:47 AM
Quote from: angermanagement on November 07, 2014, 10:59:27 AM

As far as I know he owns his own house and i'd say he has a few shillings wormed away.

Sure all that EU funding for FAIR is probably still buried under his mattress. His election campaigns were hardly the most advanced or high profile so he can't have diverted too much!

thewingedlady

In the plea for funds made by Pastor Barrie Halliday he mentioned twice that Willie owns a house and made the point on both occasions that it was mortgaged. Might be a case that he's playing down the equity position.

No one wants to see anyone lose their home but there's no doubt Willie deserves to be taught a lesson. If Galloway could get a public statement of apology (now that would hurt Willie) and some nominal form of settlement he should probably take it.

He's suing Google (as owners of Youtube) and Independent News and Media as well and sure if it's decided that the comments were defamatory then these two organisations will be ordered to pay damages and they will have deeper pockets than Willie.