Text Message Facility for Clubs

Started by behind the wire, February 01, 2008, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

thought i saw a thread on this somewhere before but counldnt find it.

do any of your clubs use the bulk text message facility?
i know Jordanstown use it to good effect.

is it a good job / does it make sense economically?

it was mooted as a possible way of better communication in the club. i think it would be a good job, was just wondering what other people's experiences with it were.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Zulu

Yeah it's excellent, not sure how much it costs but I find it an invaluable aid and you know everybody has got the message.

behind the wire

cheers zulu. sounds like a great idea. any idea who the service provider is or what the cost would be for the year?

Zulu

I know we go through O2, costs would obviously be dictated in large part by the amount of texts you send but I think it is reasonable enough. If I can get my hands on what it costs us on average I'll let you know. We get a certain amount of texts free each month with our deal. Anyway I'll try and get more specific details for you, though it will be next week before I can do it.

heganboy

the UUJ system is by Servasport,
http://www.servasport.com/
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

behind the wire

thanks lads, great help. any info on the cost would be great.

zulu does your system work through the computer or is it done via a mobile phone?

the jordanstown system seems to work pretty well, seems to be something that would very very useful around the club especially for keeping parents of underage players updated.

Zulu

Through the computer BTW, I find it very handy but I have access to a computer every day. I use it to notify/remind players and parents of training or games. It is especially good for letting parents know about training etc. as kids can forget especially if there are changes. Using this system you know parents will get the correct message. I'll definately get back to as regards cost next week.