The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2017, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on June 09, 2017, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: stew on June 09, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

Listen kid, the left own the media in the states, they own the Universities are they are all as corrupt as f**k! I love it that the democrats hung Comey out to dry and then, when he started to turn on Trump they fell silent and supported him, now, a few hours after his testimony they have egg plastered all over their faces and Trump is more secure than ever, long live this version of the democrats, they are absolutely useless, toothless and and completely unfit to govern, everything they touch turns to shit.  ;D

I'm loving the fact that CNN & Co are being shown up for the liars they are and purveyors of fake news.
You have Warren, Al Green, Waters & co with steam coming out of their ears as they thought they might have a shot at impeachment.

Where is Eamon these days? I've a question to ask him :D

and how sad is it that you have all these liberals lining up to get in to watch the hearing. It's not a U2 concert. Some waiting from 4am to get in. Then you have bars opening up to show live coverage. insane.

Long live President Trump.

What "fake news", specifically?

And what exactly is it that Trump has and will do that you would like him around for a long time?

CNN Making stuff up and posting it as fact for starters. The "anonymous sources" again.

Comey expected to refute Trump
By Gloria Borger, Jake Tapper, Brian Rokus and Eric Lichtblau

"Trump has made a blanket claim that Comey told him multiple times that he was not under investigation."

"But one source said Comey is expected to explain to senators that those were much more nuanced conversations from which Trump concluded that he was not under investigation.  Another source hinted that the President may have misunderstood the exact meaning of Comey's words, especially regarding the FBI's ongoing counterintelligence investigation"

They lie and democrats swallow it whole.

As for President Trump - what's there not to love? He wants to keep america safe and stop the politically correct bullshit that has infested the country. If only he was allowed to do his job unhindered.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

omochain

CNN Making stuff up and posting it as fact for starters. The "anonymous sources" again.

"Trump has made a blanket claim that Comey told him multiple times that he was not under investigation."

"But one source said Comey is expected to explain to senators that those were much more nuanced conversations from which Trump concluded that he was not under investigation.  Another source hinted that the President may have misunderstood the exact meaning of Comey's words, especially regarding the FBI's ongoing counterintelligence investigation"

[/quote]

Can you help me; I'm having a hard time picking out the lies in that quote.

stew

Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2017, 03:45:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2017, 05:48:46 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on June 07, 2017, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: omochain on June 07, 2017, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on June 06, 2017, 10:55:17 PM
"Obama is a decent, thoughtful, intelligent gentleman who tried his best in the face of obdurate Republican obstructionism. He pulled the economy out of the ditch, did a pretty good job at pushing the Healthcare system in the right direction and was the model for the highest standards of family values.

For lots of Folks though...he does have one big drawback."

If you mean his furthering of certain agendas you'd be correct. 8 years of dismantling america. Great Job.
That man wouldn't know decent if it kicked him repeatedly in the nuts.

Now we know you're on the serious wind up!

No wind up. Obama is a very decent man.
Just because the right keep saying something, does not mean it is true.
All the economic stats and indicators say he did a great job despite the best efforts of Mitch McTurtle & Co
You lot are so transparent.. you keep on using plays from Goebbels play book. Lie repeat, lie repeat and on and you think that will make it true.

Now can you please explain how Obama dismantled America?

Substitute decent for smarmy piece of work. The whole Moneygall episode still churns my stomach and cheerleading eejits bought it hook line and sinker. The cringe factor was 100%

Repeating the "Change" mantra doesn't make it true. Poor brainwashed liberals.

The current polarisation of the USA is evidence enough of obama's policies, enough to ensure that someone who opposed his ideals was elected as president, albeit 4 (or 8!!) years too late. His pandering to certain groups showed where his true "change" aims lay.

Right, because the US was such a united, happy place before 2008.

There was no Rush Limbaugh, no Fox News, no Tom DeLay or Newt Gingrich, no Clinton witch hunts, no congressional staffers intimidating election staff in Florida, no Swiftboat campaign, no ludicrous demonization and intimidation of anyone who questioned GW Bush and the move to Iraq war (Dixie Chicks FFS!), no GOP anti-gay campaigns etc. etc.

Maybe you were born yesterday, but the rest of us weren't.

Listen kid, the left own the media in the states, they own the Universities are they are all as corrupt as f**k! I love it that the democrats hung Comey out to dry and then, when he started to turn on Trump they fell silent and supported him, now, a few hours after his testimony they have egg plastered all over their faces and Trump is more secure than ever, long live this version of the democrats, they are absolutely useless, toothless and and completely unfit to govern, everything they touch turns to shit.  ;D

Spare us the media shite - you know f**king well that's a load of bollocks.

And Trump is by no means out of the woods. Coney punted to Mueller on the obstruction of justice, but left no doubt that he was fired due to his refusal to back off on the investigation. He also unequivocally called the president of the US a bald-faced liar.

Trump was never going to be impeached as that is a political issue and he has the congress, but he is continually being exposed for the narcissistic, corrupt, sorry excuse for a human being that he is.
He may not be impeached, but that stuff takes a serious toll on the implementation of any political agenda, as the useless **** is finding out.

Bask in that!

You are absolutely deluded, all is lost for you if you think the media does not for the most part, have an extreme bias toward the left!

I have no time for Trump you tube, its just I have less time for the cowardly left and all they dont stand for, they make me sick and it boils down to this, I would MUCH prefer Trump over any Liberal in office anywhere in the States bar Saunders and even he, as decent as he is, is a moral coward, he let Clinton and her campaign walk all over him when they cheated him out of the Presidency, he would have destroyed Trump, in short, you morons did this to yourselves by propping up a hateful arrogant bitch to run against a hateful, arrogant p***k! Ah the irony!  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 09, 2017, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2017, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on June 09, 2017, 04:34:35 PM

I'm loving the fact that CNN & Co are being shown up for the liars they are and purveyors of fake news.
You have Warren, Al Green, Waters & co with steam coming out of their ears as they thought they might have a shot at impeachment.

Where is Eamon these days? I've a question to ask him :D

and how sad is it that you have all these liberals lining up to get in to watch the hearing. It's not a U2 concert. Some waiting from 4am to get in. Then you have bars opening up to show live coverage. insane.

Long live President Trump.

What "fake news", specifically?

And what exactly is it that Trump has and will do that you would like him around for a long time?

As for President Trump - what's there not to love? He wants to keep america safe and stop the politically correct bullshit that has infested the country. If only he was allowed to do his job unhindered.

What evidence do you have that CNN "made it up"?

Or that "anonymous sources" are in any way unusual or a recent phenomenon?

Given your insistence on honesty in the media, one wonders what your opinion of Fox News is. Or Breitbart, for example?

Who is "hindering" Trump?

Where are the detailed policy plans? For example, he released a hyped-up proposal to privatize the air traffic control system last week, giving out souvenir pens and the lot, which was met with a "that's nice, but where the f**k are some details, ANY details?" response by the industry. It was the same with the tax "plan". And plenty of other stuff which has been mostly smoke and executive orders to take a look at some issue or other.

He's constantly moaning about Democratic intransigence when it comes to appointments when he has yet to even PROPOSE people to fill most of these positions. His real problem is finding Republicans who are willing to risk their careers working for a slow-motion car crash.

J70

Quote from: stew on June 10, 2017, 02:31:27 AM

And Trump is by no means out of the woods. Coney punted to Mueller on the obstruction of justice, but left no doubt that he was fired due to his refusal to back off on the investigation. He also unequivocally called the president of the US a bald-faced liar.

Trump was never going to be impeached as that is a political issue and he has the congress, but he is continually being exposed for the narcissistic, corrupt, sorry excuse for a human being that he is.
He may not be impeached, but that stuff takes a serious toll on the implementation of any political agenda, as the useless **** is finding out.

Bask in that!

You are absolutely deluded, all is lost for you if you think the media does not for the most part, have an extreme bias toward the left!

I have no time for Trump you tube, its just I have less time for the cowardly left and all they dont stand for, they make me sick and it boils down to this, I would MUCH prefer Trump over any Liberal in office anywhere in the States bar Saunders and even he, as decent as he is, is a moral coward, he let Clinton and her campaign walk all over him when they cheated him out of the Presidency, he would have destroyed Trump, in short, you morons did this to yourselves by propping up a hateful arrogant bitch to run against a hateful, arrogant p***k! Ah the irony!  :)

Go ahead stew. Show us how the media, for the most part, has an extreme bias towards the left.

What DON'T the cowardly left stand for stew that renders Trump such a preferable option to any liberal in office anywhere in the states?

And I'm still waiting to see how the DNC put a gun to the heads of the people who gave Clinton a four million vote margin over Sanders.

Or how he, having been hammered in the south by Hillary, would have beaten Trump, especially after the right wing media went to town on him with red scare redux?

There were TWO people in with a shout of the Democratic nomination. Its not like Bernie didn't get a lot of hype or didn't get his message out there or that people didn't know what he was about. He wasn't Jim Webb or Martin O'Malley. And its not like Hillary's weaknesses were NOT getting huge media coverage all through the primaries. Did Bernie himself not say "Enough with the damn emails!" during a televised debate?

The party national committees ALWAYS have preferred candidates. They're staffed by politicians and political operatives whose job it is to give their party the best chance of winning elections. Politics is a cut-throat business, with favours and dirt part of the game. You think the RNC wanted Trump? You think two-year US Senator Obama started out as the preferred candidate for the DNC in 2008, when it was assumed before Iowa that the nomination was Hillary's to lose?

The only difference this time is that emails emerged documenting the manoeuvering and biases.

omochain

Quote from: J70 on June 10, 2017, 05:30:12 AM

Bask in that!

Go ahead stew. Show us how the media, for the most part, has an extreme bias towards the left.

What DON'T the cowardly left stand for stew that renders Trump such a preferable option to any liberal in office anywhere in the states?

And I'm still waiting to see how the DNC put a gun to the heads of the people who gave Clinton a four million vote margin over Sanders.

Or how he, having been hammered in the south by Hillary, would have beaten Trump, especially after the right wing media went to town on him with red scare redux?

There were TWO people in with a shout of the Democratic nomination. Its not like Bernie didn't get a lot of hype or didn't get his message out there or that people didn't know what he was about. He wasn't Jim Webb or Martin O'Malley. And its not like Hillary's weaknesses were NOT getting huge media coverage all through the primaries. Did Bernie himself not say "Enough with the damn emails!" during a televised debate?

The party national committees ALWAYS have preferred candidates. They're staffed by politicians and political operatives whose job it is to give their party the best chance of winning elections. Politics is a cut-throat business, with favours and dirt part of the game. You think the RNC wanted Trump? You think two-year US Senator Obama started out as the preferred candidate for the DNC in 2008, when it was assumed before Iowa that the nomination was Hillary's to lose?

The only difference this time is that emails emerged documenting the manoeuvering and biases.

J70, are you expecting a rational response......?

stew

Quote from: heganboy on June 09, 2017, 05:07:59 PM
Impeachment requires majority vote, not possible.

The president is a liar says the newly sacked director of the FBI
Russia did interfere in the election
Special investigator has all the evidence, his call.
Dodd Frank shut down against the banks advice and No-one noticed​

somehow this is normal. Four legs good two legs bad.

The US tax and electoral system is broken. The right to free speech has been so bastardized that wall to wall opinions are characterized as news.

The people of the US are been screwed by a system that is in no way shape or form set up to provide for them.

I may disagree with many of the posters here but their right to an opinion is absolute. Sadly the right to provide misinformation and to solicit their opinion against their best interest is being well catered to. The myth of the American dream which is now out of the reach of 99.99% of the population is being used to drive votes. What do you mean health care and education, if you follow your dream and become a billionaire, you wouldn't want to pay tax would you? Hell no I wouldn't. Well then vote like you were a billionaire!
Women's rights? Education? Billionaires don't care about that.
Fair and balanced? Course we are, says so in the slogan doesn't it?
Loony left taking our jobs, our money, our way of life. Course they are President said so didn't he? Believe him, he keeps saying it.

Russia should be our friends, they have no interest in screwing with us.
China are taking our jobs, these deals are bad, very bad for the American people I'm going to renegotiate, I do deals.

You know what let's vote for him, he's a successful businessman, what's the worst that could happen, and anyway I hate Hillary.

Paul Ryan "the president is new at this, he's new to government, so he's not steeped in the long-running protocols that's established between DOJ, FBI, and White Houses. He's just new to this."

When we keep presenting opinions on either side as facts, and we demonize other opinions you get a polarized society. Lowest common denominator gets the most votes and everything is presented as being in the interest of the lowest common denominator. which is apparently the coal mining industry in the US, which to be clear employs less people than Arby's and according to the CEO of the biggest coal company in the nation said Trump can't bring those jobs back.

Stew and Fox, I disagree with you entirely. But I don't see an option in the current political system in the US that provides something for your well being in a manner that makes you happy.  So I'm stuck with your rants and I'm sure I will snap back at a few of them.

In the meantime to all with an interest in US politics. Read, educate yourselves, look at US history and look at economic distribution by area and industry. Look at migration patterns, aging population demographics and youth demographics. Look to the future and how you'll deal with it, because now is already the past.

And to prove that economists occasionally get stuff right, Mr Keynes once said, "in the long run we are all dead" so there's that to look forward to.

Hehanboy you have already snapped and i have no peoblem with thst, you went to the states illegally and the right wantex you the f**k out after your visa expired, the left embraced your vote, your future vote that is and you bit hook line and sinker.

stew

Quote from: J70 on June 10, 2017, 05:30:12 AM

Bask in that!

Your new hero Comey called it true, he called out the New York Times under oath for example for fake news, your cowardly press cite anonymous sources all the time to invent non stories.

They dont stand for decency, they dont condemn hate groups like BLM on their racist bullshit when they want to ban all non black people from their safe space rallys. They dont have the backs of the police, they dont want the rule of law upheld if it does not suit their political agenda, for example their stance on illegal immigration.
F bombs into their sphiels, wow, that adds street cred with the people, that will get them the votes they need to win in 2020.

Did the cheating scandal not happen then? Did I dream that all up??? See this is the sort of shit that wants me to shake liberals, you can rationalize anything by pointing to meaningless and often inaccurate data instead of owning a fact that hurts your party, it is sickening and cowardly and Saunders got fucked, he was too much of a yes man to raise hell about it and his supporters were ready to go all out on the issue.

DID THE DEMOCRATS CHEAT THE SAUNDERS CAMPAIGN OR NOT? DID ANYONE GET FIRED AS A RESULT OF THIS SKULLDUGGERY?

You are a typical liberal, your stance on everything is fluid and you can justify anything because you stand for little to nothing!

Documenting the cheating and destruction of the democratic process you mean. f**k I commend you flakes on your use of verbiage, you lot have the ability to talk so softly on issues that hurt your party and talk so tough on the republicans and even one of your own in Trump.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on June 10, 2017, 08:42:53 AM
Quote from: heganboy on June 09, 2017, 05:07:59 PM
Impeachment requires majority vote, not possible.

The president is a liar says the newly sacked director of the FBI
Russia did interfere in the election
Special investigator has all the evidence, his call.
Dodd Frank shut down against the banks advice and No-one noticed​

somehow this is normal. Four legs good two legs bad.

The US tax and electoral system is broken. The right to free speech has been so bastardized that wall to wall opinions are characterized as news.

The people of the US are been screwed by a system that is in no way shape or form set up to provide for them.

I may disagree with many of the posters here but their right to an opinion is absolute. Sadly the right to provide misinformation and to solicit their opinion against their best interest is being well catered to. The myth of the American dream which is now out of the reach of 99.99% of the population is being used to drive votes. What do you mean health care and education, if you follow your dream and become a billionaire, you wouldn't want to pay tax would you? Hell no I wouldn't. Well then vote like you were a billionaire!
Women's rights? Education? Billionaires don't care about that.
Fair and balanced? Course we are, says so in the slogan doesn't it?
Loony left taking our jobs, our money, our way of life. Course they are President said so didn't he? Believe him, he keeps saying it.

Russia should be our friends, they have no interest in screwing with us.
China are taking our jobs, these deals are bad, very bad for the American people I'm going to renegotiate, I do deals.

You know what let's vote for him, he's a successful businessman, what's the worst that could happen, and anyway I hate Hillary.

Paul Ryan "the president is new at this, he's new to government, so he's not steeped in the long-running protocols that's established between DOJ, FBI, and White Houses. He's just new to this."

When we keep presenting opinions on either side as facts, and we demonize other opinions you get a polarized society. Lowest common denominator gets the most votes and everything is presented as being in the interest of the lowest common denominator. which is apparently the coal mining industry in the US, which to be clear employs less people than Arby's and according to the CEO of the biggest coal company in the nation said Trump can't bring those jobs back.

Stew and Fox, I disagree with you entirely. But I don't see an option in the current political system in the US that provides something for your well being in a manner that makes you happy.  So I'm stuck with your rants and I'm sure I will snap back at a few of them.

In the meantime to all with an interest in US politics. Read, educate yourselves, look at US history and look at economic distribution by area and industry. Look at migration patterns, aging population demographics and youth demographics. Look to the future and how you'll deal with it, because now is already the past.

And to prove that economists occasionally get stuff right, Mr Keynes once said, "in the long run we are all dead" so there's that to look forward to.

Hehanboy you have already snapped and i have no peoblem with thst, you went to the states illegally and the right wantex you the f**k out after your visa expired, the left embraced your vote, your future vote that is and you bit hook line and sinker.

typical democrats trying to get illegal voters any way they can and allowing illegals to break the law. should all be deported, even retrospectively.

what about all the illegal voters in virgina this election? surely that's bigger news than Russia in actual election interference

Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia,

that's all you hear anymore and not one vote was cast by them. ridiculous.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

heganboy

Not that it has anything to do with you argument, but I am not nor I have I ever been living or working illegally in the US.

And yeah, Russia.

It's not the zero votes they cast that you want to be worried about, it's their impact on the make up and operation of the united states government.

Any other craic?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on June 11, 2017, 03:40:14 AM
Not that it has anything to do with you argument, but I am not nor I have I ever been living or working illegally in the US.

And yeah, Russia.

It's not the zero votes they cast that you want to be worried about, it's their impact on the make up and operation of the united states government.

Any other craic?
None other than an apology, I could have sworn I read you lived in new york about five years ago or more. Sorry hegan.

heganboy

Appreciate that note Stew.
I have been I living in the US more than 15 years, but never illegally. Work visas then permanent resident.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Wildweasel74

G am sorta glad Fox Commander and Stew are living in America an not here, the amount of biased crap they come out with in trying to defend a clown as as a president is laughable

Denn Forever

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 11, 2017, 03:32:35 PM
G am sorta glad Fox Commander and Stew are living in America an not here, the amount of biased crap they come out with in trying to defend a clown as as a president is laughable

But he still is POTUS.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

stew, learn to use the quote function ffs! :)

Your new hero Comey called it true, he called out the New York Times under oath for example for fake news, your cowardly press cite anonymous sources all the time to invent non stories.

Where have I expressed the opinion that Comey is a hero?

And how does ONE story prove that there is a media bias? Do right wing news NEVER get stories wrong?? Have you been watching Fox News over the past month... or EVER?

And honestly, you're a dunce if you don't realize the importance of anonymous sources to the entire media industry or their role in breaking and exposing scandals over the decades.

And sorry stew, but your use of inflammatory language like "cowardly" and "invent" do nothing to bolster your point.

They dont stand for decency, they dont condemn hate groups like BLM on their racist bullshit when they want to ban all non black people from their safe space rallys. They dont have the backs of the police, they dont want the rule of law upheld if it does not suit their political agenda, for example their stance on illegal immigration.
F bombs into their sphiels, wow, that adds street cred with the people, that will get them the votes they need to win in 2020.

You're always going on about BLM being a "hate group" due to a couple of isolated incidents, which you've repeatedly failed to show were representative of the group as a whole and any different to any large scale movement where bad apples can locally and temporarily cause trouble. You posted the New Black Panthers nonsense the other day as an example of the corruption and failings of Barack Obama the other day FFS, as if two individuals at a single precinct in Philadelphia were somehow having their strings pulled from the Oval Office.

What evidence is there that the Dems are anti-police? Are supporting blacks and being concerned about their relatively greater suffering at the hands of the justice system and supporting police mutually exclusive?

On illegal immigration, just the other day you were using Obama's record on deportation as... well actually I don't really know what your point was. But yes, the left is, in general, more inclined to turn a blind eye to certain things when it comes to illegal immigration, both for pragmatic and humanitarian reasons, both very defensible and moral (they of course have allies on the right in this regard who like the availability of cheap labour for certain work).
F-bombs??? Seriously? And you're throwing the ludicrous "snowflake" label around!

Did the cheating scandal not happen then? Did I dream that all up??? See this is the sort of shit that wants me to shake liberals, you can rationalize anything by pointing to meaningless and often inaccurate data instead of owning a fact that hurts your party, it is sickening and cowardly and Saunders got fucked, he was too much of a yes man to raise hell about it and his supporters were ready to go all out on the issue.

But how did he "get fucked"??
What effect did the biases have?

DID THE DEMOCRATS CHEAT THE SAUNDERS CAMPAIGN OR NOT? DID ANYONE GET FIRED AS A RESULT OF THIS SKULLDUGGERY?

The DNC chairwoman?

You are a typical liberal, your stance on everything is fluid and you can justify anything because you stand for little to nothing!

Of course you have something to back this up? (I'll not hold my breath).

Documenting the cheating and destruction of the democratic process you mean.

Er yes, that is pretty much what I said. It was documented this time out.

f**k I commend you flakes on your use of verbiage, you lot have the ability to talk so softly on issues that hurt your party and talk so tough on the republicans and even one of your own in Trump.

As usual stew, you show your intellectual dishonesty and bankruptcy when it comes to Trump.

I'm glad you're impressed by my prose skills.