The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on June 04, 2017, 02:02:56 PM
Romney's words:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.
Trump targeted a lot of those people, unlke Romney

seafoid

Matt McDermott‏
Latest Gallup poll: Trump approval slipping further, now down to 36% approve, 58% disapprove. Nearing the lowest of his presidency.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2017, 01:46:50 PM

One can contribute to society in many positive ways that do not involve paying taxes.

Obeying the law is probably the most obvious

Not taking drugs is another

Not having kids with multiple unsuitable partners would be a third

Raising your kids as best you can would be a fourth

Taking responsibility for your own health would be a fifth

Unfortunately because of the vicious cycle of poverty, criminality and addiction these are easier said than done for many

Who decides Whitey?

Who is a suitable partner?
How do you raise your kids?
What is your responsibility for your health.?

You choose whatever suits your agenda and you keep battering away.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on June 03, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
Read what he said.....you TAKE money from people

What would I want to accumulate money or assets if someone could just decide to TAKE it

I understand my taxes could be raised, but the "re distributors" are proposing actual confiscation of assets. If you're okay with that....good for you

How about those who are for wealth distribution give their own money away first. Then come back and preach.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 05, 2017, 03:28:20 PM

What would I want to accumulate money or assets if someone could just decide to TAKE it

I understand my taxes could be raised, but the "re distributors" are proposing actual confiscation of assets. If you're okay with that....good for you

How about those who are for wealth distribution give their own money away first. Then come back and preach.

I'd say most of us pay taxes.

Don't you?

J70

So the Conspiracy Theorist/Bald-faced Liar in Chief is doubling down on his willful mispresentation of the statements of the mayor of London.

What a filthy excuse for a human being this dirtbag is.

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871725780535062528

heganboy

Quote from: stew on June 04, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

Should they kick the illegals out of America BEFORE redistributing this wealth or fack it, should you and your fellow illegals get to have money they have not earned also???

I cannot be arsed with the science because your other points are so sickening I thought they needed attention, you are some pup, you went were you did not have the right and want money from others you did not earn, what are you are a sanctuary city supporter?

Thank you for reminding me why I despise the looney left. )

Businesses are taxed as are the working and middle classes, the mega rich do not pay their fair share of taxes and the right deserves a lot of criticism for this however BO has just left office after eight awful years, what did he do to tackle the issue of taxation of the one percenters??????

No matter what way you slice it, deflect from it or hurl abuse at people who call you out, you had no right whatsoever to be in the United States, so forgive me if I give not one fiddlers fart on anything you have to say on matters pertaining to the US of A, you were there illegally and you are the poster child

I feel sorry for heganboy and his ilk, they contribute little but demand a lot they are not entitled to, they fail to see that if you destroy the basic tenets of a democracy /capitalistic society you actually leave no incentive for people to invest in growth and in the infrastructure of the country, heganboys cunning plan is to tax everyone except the illegals and the c***ts that are fit to but not willing to work, take many billions off rich investors through 'taxation' and they are supposed to be fine with their money being taken, it is typical of the left to want to earn nothing but to be given everything!

I seem to recall Obama bailing out the big banks and the City of Detroit via mega loans to major car companies, he forgot to stop the fat cats getting their so called bonus money for ruining the economy and losing many many billions of dollars, how does that work, I lose my company billions but hey, I get  a five million dollar bonus because my President is a useless twat!

The left had its chance, Trump is a democrat so hopefully next go around we can get a republican in there to sort out the corruption/incompetence of the left in the US.

There is so much nonsense in this assembled rant that it is hard to know where to start. When you say you can't be arsed with science, you also can't be arsed with mathematics economics or facts either really, can you?

Do you understand the concept of federal government in the US? just to be clear the president requires the support of both houses to pass legislation. You know like trump has control of senate and congress right now, so he should be able to enforce change that you're looking for? love your characterization of the banks and car companies rescue, you really nailed it there. Is that a WSJ editorial you are writing?

"Trump is a democrat- can't wait for a republican?" Please tell me any politician in the US with a feasible plan for the US economy. The corruption of politics is endemic, and not limit to one party, and certainly not one ideology.

On a separate note- if I was illegal then my opinion wouldn't count- is that the theory you have today?
I'm not sure how its relevant to my opinion's validity but I am and since my arrival have been a legal resident in the US.
And again showcasing your tenuous grasp on economics in the US, ITIN payers are in most cases unable to claim any benefits, so they are a net contributor to the IRS.

Lets hear your proposals for fixing this mess
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Stew is still hanging on his "Trump is a Democrat" nonsense?? ;D

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 03:41:38 PM
So the Conspiracy Theorist/Bald-faced Liar in Chief is doubling down on his willful mispresentation of the statements of the mayor of London.

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

He is such a twat. He makes Nixon look balanced.
The US made such a mistake buying his bullshit.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2017, 04:24:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 03:41:38 PM

He is such a twat. He makes Nixon look balanced.
The US made such a mistake buying his bullshit.

His base still loves him. Probably loves him even more with each deranged pronouncement. His bullshit is right in line with what they've been fed by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and all the rest of them for years.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

Don't you?

empty their own bank accounts if the guilt gets to them so much.

It's a bit like the millions of new Social Media Eco-Warriors that have popped up in the last week.
If they feel bad about the state of the world then stop using cars, flying to Machu Picchu for holidays, wasting electricity to charge your smartphone to take more selfies etc.

Then feel free to open your yaps about climate change.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 05, 2017, 04:46:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

Don't you?

empty their own bank accounts if the guilt gets to them so much.

It's a bit like the millions of new Social Media Eco-Warriors that have popped up in the last week.
If they feel bad about the state of the world then stop using cars, flying to Machu Picchu for holidays, wasting electricity to charge your smartphone to take more selfies etc.

Then feel free to open your yaps about climate change.

First, on the social media stuff with respect to environmental sustainability (or terrorism or any number of issues) - yes, I would agree that JUST or ONLY giving out or showing "solidarity" by posting a tweet or facebook message is fairly toothless. On the other hand, presumably some of those people also vote according to their expressed leanings and volunteer or put their hand in their pocket to support charities and NGOs that will advance these causes.

However, the fact that our society and way of life is currently dependent on fossil fuels does not mean that people cannot advocate to have society become less dependent on them. Telling them to shut their "yap" is merely you saying "I don't want to hear about it and would rather ignore it".

And on "emptying their bank accounts", I'm sure if all it took to take care of society's less well off was a few people to empty their bank account, we would have no social deprivation to worry about. GW Bush once made a similarly attempted smart-arsed remark about taxes during a state of the union address. It was equally invalid then.

seafoid

Comey gives his spiel tomorrow. Should be very interesting.

stew

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 04:10:15 PM

Is he a conservative?

He is one of you lot, get over it. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on June 06, 2017, 12:00:26 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 04:10:15 PM

Is he a conservative?

He is one of you lot, get over it. )
And Pat O'Neill is from Zimbabwe.

He regularly brought Sam to his local in Bulawayo, don't you know.