Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: heganboy on June 03, 2017, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: stew on June 03, 2017, 09:14:06 AM
Quote from: heganboy on June 03, 2017, 12:10:18 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 02, 2017, 06:04:18 PM
Human impact on global warming is minimal

Climate change is a hoax and is nothing more than a carefully camouflaged attempt at redistribution of wealth

www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/02/05/in-their-own-words-climate-alarmists-debunk-their-science/amp/

Few points here.

Anyone who doesn't think there should be a redistribution of wealth who is not at least a USD millionaire is a special kind of stupid.

Also whitey. Science, seriously. Just f**king science.

Your shite is on a par with creationism. And that's also not real, no matter what your preacher or Paul Ryan says.

Really, so how would you go about redistributing this wealth and what problems if any will arise when you start redistributing other peoples money? Should they kick the illegals out of America BEFORE redistributing this wealth or fack it, should you and your fellow illegals get to have money they have not earned also???

I cannot be arsed with the science because your other points are so sickening I thought they needed attention, you are some pup, you went were you did not have the right and want money from others you did not earn, what are you are a sanctuary city supporter?

Thank you for reminding me why I despise the looney left. )

You really are a dumbass

Redistribution of wealth gets mentioned and your Anne Coulter conditioned reflex wets the bed.

What do you think the tax system is other than redistribution of wealth?

Why do you think you have a government other than redistribution of wealth?

You short sighted gombeen. The reason for intelligent redistribution of wealth is to promote the creation of wealth in the first place. It's the basic tenet of capitalism.

The problem with the US economy is that Congress and the Senate have pursued short sighted goals for the few instead of the long term goals of the many.

How do I propose a redistribution of wealth? Let's start by taking money from the working schlubbs and continuing to fund a military.  I'm also thinking maybe we should tax some corporate profits to ensure that medicine and drugs actually are safe for consumers. I am also a fan of taking money from businesses and the workers and from capital gains to fund an education system, you know, for kids.

Ach hegan you lost the rag there son, pray tell how I am short sighted?

Businesses are taxed as are the working and middle classes, the mega rich do not pay their fair share of taxes and the right deserves a lot of criticism for this however BO has just left office after eight awful years, what did he do to tackle the issue of taxation of the one percenters??????

No matter what way you slice it, deflect from it or hurl abuse at people who call you out, you had no right whatsoever to be in the United States, so forgive me if I give not one fiddlers fart on anything you have to say on matters pertaining to the US of A, you were there illegally and you are the poster chi
Quote from: whitey on June 03, 2017, 08:34:44 PM
Quote from: omochain on June 03, 2017, 07:33:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 03, 2017, 01:27:15 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 03, 2017, 12:10:18 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 02, 2017, 06:04:18 PM
Human impact on global warming is minimal

Climate change is a hoax and is nothing more than a carefully camouflaged attempt at redistribution of wealth

www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/02/05/in-their-own-words-climate-alarmists-debunk-their-science/amp/

Few points here.

Anyone who doesn't think there should be a redistribution of wealth who is not at least a USD millionaire is a special kind of stupid.

Also whitey. Science, seriously. Just f**king science.

Your shite is on a par with creationism. And that's also not real, no matter what your preacher or Paul Ryan says.

This is fascinating.....please explain how wealth distribution would work?

It is actually very simple... You take money from people who do not need to spend it and give it to folks who do. They spend it and that creates demand for more goods and services. Demand in turn creates jobs and the virtuous cycle begins.

What happens if the people you give it to are one (or more) of the following:

lazy
incompetent
drug addicted
alcoholic
morons

Who gets to decide if someone has money "they don't need"?

How do you continue to motivate the most productive and best educated in society to continue to work hard, invest and take initiative?

Hillary Clinton apparently Whitey! After all thats who the illegal sheep on here would have voted for after Saunders lay down and took the corruption that ended his run for POTUS.

I feel sorry for heganboy and his ilk, they contribute little but demand a lot they are not entitled to, they fail to see that if you destroy the basic tenets of a democracy /capitalistic society you actually leave no incentive for people to invest in growth and in the infrastructure of the country, heganboys cunning plan is to tax everyone except the illegals and the c***ts that are fit to but not willing to work, take many billions off rich investors through 'taxation' and they are supposed to be fine with their money being taken, it is typical of the left to want to earn nothing but to be given everything!

I seem to recall Obama bailing out the big banks and the City of Detroit via mega loans to major car companies, he forgot to stop the fat cats getting their so called bonus money for ruining the economy and losing many many billions of dollars, how does that work, I lose my company billions but hey, I get  a five million dollar bonus because my President is a useless twat!

The left had its chance, Trump is a democrat so hopefully next go around we can get a republican in there to sort out the corruption/incompetence of the left in the US.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

The US economy has gone beyond the point where a tweak will make a difference. The neoliberal system is designed to shunt money to the ultra rich . It took 40 years to get to where we are now. In the early days it was about breaking unions . then it moved on to filling Congress with yes men. Then breaking the link between productivity and wage increases. Through it all debt was issued by the rich. The 2008 crash happened because poor Americans couldn't repay their sub prime loans because of no payrises. Since then the Fed has flooded the market with money. It drove asset values up by over $10 trillion for a real economy growth impact of $3 tn. Politics are polarised.
It's too late to fix the system.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on June 04, 2017, 01:01:06 AM
Acceptable rates are those that would promote economic growth for the country, provide for a good standard of education, and health care. Encourage the role of capitalism is it's purest form and remove the bloat from the US budget and create a growing expanding fair US economy based in appropriate spending.

If you think that picking four numbers helps your understanding of that goal buy a scratch card.

And therin lies the problem.....what you and others on the left find "acceptable" is anything but.

CT (where I lived for 5 years) has taxed their wealthiest and most productive citizens to oblivion, and they are fleeing the state in droves.  After losing GE last year, it was announced just last week that Aetna is leaving. 

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-consensus-revenue-update-20170501-story.html

http://wtnh.com/2017/04/28/income-tax-revenue-collapses-malloy-says-taxing-the-rich-doesnt-work/

seafoid

Taxing the rich only works efficiently with political backing.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 10:50:59 AM

I don't understand that comment.....please explain

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2017, 10:55:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 10:50:59 AM

I don't understand that comment.....please explain
You need a political movement to change the system. Trump is a fake. He will keep it going. The US needs a grassroots based political movement that will have the power to change things. Grassroots plus politicians. So everyone in Congress and the Senate buys in.
That is how it worked in the 50s. 

Otherwise Sentaors get picked off and nothing changes. Eg AHCA.
the US is at a political point that happens maybe once every 40 years.
The only thing money fears is the people.

whitey

The thing is rich people have armies of accountants and lawyers and can figure out a way around a lot of taxes. From my viewpoint, instead of lobbying for actual workable reform the Democrats have lobbied  to their base and played the "class warfare card".  E.g. The "rich" aren't paying their "fair share". You're schools suck because that bastard doesn't pay enough

Instead of reforming the corporate tax rate (which is among the highest in the developed world) so companies actually will pay tax here, instead of running their earnings through a PO Box in Dublin all we hear from the likes of Granny Elizabeth Warren is bullshit about "corporate welfare".  That might win her a few votes, but it doesn't add one penny to the tax take

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2017, 11:32:41 AM
The thing is rich people have armies of accountants and lawyers and can figure out a way around a lot of taxes. From my viewpoint, instead of lobbying for actual workable reform the Democrats have lobbied  to their base and played the "class warfare card".  E.g. The "rich" aren't paying their "fair share". You're schools suck because that b**tard doesn't pay enough

Instead of reforming the corporate tax rate (which is among the highest in the developed world) so companies actually will pay tax here, instead of running their earnings through a PO Box in Dublin all we hear from the likes of Granny Elizabeth Warren is bullshit about "corporate welfare".  That might win her a few votes, but it doesn't add one penny to the tax take

I've no objection to lowering the corporate tax rate to encourage growth, but how many companies offshore their operations because of it? Will those tech and pharmaceutical companies bring their official tax locations back, or will there always be another country undercutting and setting up as a tax haven for them?

On the class warfare stuff, both parties play that game. Have you forgotten the "takers/makers" nonsense of 2012? Ryan still subscribes to that nonsense. Trump merely substituted class for "them" in the form of immigrants and muslims.

seafoid

The thing is rich people have armies of accountants and lawyers and can figure out a way around a lot of taxes. From my viewpoint, instead of lobbying for actual workable reform the Democrats have lobbied  to their base and played the "class warfare card".  E.g. The "rich" aren't paying their "fair share". You're schools suck because that b**tard doesn't pay enough

Tammany Hall was a powerful lobby once

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Hall

Roosevelt and his lead campaign manager James Farley stripped Tammany of federal patronage, which had been expanded under the New Deal—and passed it instead to Ed Flynn, boss of the Bronx who had kept his district clean of corruption.[60] Roosevelt helped Republican Fiorello La Guardia become mayor on a Fusion ticket, thus removing even more patronage from Tammany's control. La Guardia was elected in 1933.[61] After becoming mayor, LaGuardia reorganized the city cabinet with non-partisan officials and sought to develop a clean and honest city government.[61]

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 04, 2017, 12:09:03 PM

I've no objection to lowering the corporate tax rate to encourage growth, but how many companies offshore their operations because of it? Will those tech and pharmaceutical companies bring their official tax locations back, or will there always be another country undercutting and setting up as a tax haven for them?

On the class warfare stuff, both parties play that game. Have you forgotten the "takers/makers" nonsense of 2012? Ryan still subscribes to that nonsense. Trump merely substituted class for "them" in the form of immigrants and muslims.

Unfortunately there is an underclass in this country that will never meaningfully contribute anything to society. Romneys choice of words was piss poor, but he was right on the money

Their  parents and grandparents contributed nothing and their children and grandchildren won't either

They are stuck in a perpetual cycle of poverty, addiction and crime.....it's all very depressing

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2017, 01:04:42 PM

Unfortunately there is an underclass in this country that will never meaningfully contribute anything to society. Romneys choice of words was piss poor, but he was right on the money

Their  parents and grandparents contributed nothing and their children and grandchildren won't either

They are stuck in a perpetual cycle of poverty, addiction and crime.....it's all very depressing

Seriously? Romney was "right on the money"? 47% of the people "contribute" nothing meaningful?

The extent of a person's contribution to society is defined by what they earn and pay in taxes?

What is "meaningful"?

Hardy

That's partially true, but not close to being fiscally the most significant factor. Certainly the fewer people who are chronically dependent on welfare the more fiscal space for investment in growth, jobs, etc. But it's a second order issue.

Demagogues and hard right manipulators of opinion artificially inflate it to first order significance because they understand how it pays off politically to appeal to voters' baser instincts.

FISH - Fear, Ignorance, Stupidity and Hatred are no basis for a rational social and fiscal policy, but they are the stock in trade of the rightist ideologues who would "rather burn down the world than try to live in it like adults"*.

* Laurie Penny.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 04, 2017, 01:22:34 PM

Seriously? Romney was "right on the money"? 47% of the people "contribute" nothing meaningful?

The extent of a person's contribution to society is defined by what they earn and pay in taxes?

What is "meaningful"?

Note: I said contribute to society (I did not say contribute to the exchequer)

One can contribute to society in many positive ways that do not involve paying taxes.

Obeying the law is probably the most obvious

Not taking drugs is another

Not having kids with multiple unsuitable partners would be a third

Raising your kids as best you can would be a fourth

Taking responsibility for your own health would be a fifth

Unfortunately because of the vicious cycle of poverty, criminality and addiction these are easier said than done for many

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2017, 01:46:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 04, 2017, 01:22:34 PM

What is "meaningful"?

Note: I said contribute to society (I did not say contribute to the exchequer)

One can contribute to society in many positive ways that do not involve paying taxes.

Obeying the law is probably the most obvious

Not taking drugs is another

Not having kids with multiple unsuitable partners would be a third

Raising your kids as best you can would be a fourth

Taking responsibility for your own health would be a fifth

Unfortunately because of the vicious cycle of poverty, criminality and addiction these are easier said than done for many

And the 47% thing??

J70

Romney's words:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.