The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 05, 2017, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: Minder on June 04, 2017, 10:36:59 PM
Salah deal to be finalised in next day or two by the look of it

Big money. Has he been tearing it up for Roma? Talk of Ox staying at Arsenal now.

It's not big money, run of the mill players will be going for much more. It's the way of the world now if you wanna buy you pay through the nose.

Walter Cronc

True. 35 million bought Xhaka  :o

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on June 05, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

Big money. Has he been tearing it up for Roma? Talk of Ox staying at Arsenal now.

It's not big money, run of the mill players will be going for much more. It's the way of the world now if you wanna buy you pay through the nose.

He has been very good at Roma the last couple of years. My worry is that he was just OK at Chelsea, albeit playing under Jose I think. Very different system he will be going into under Klopp if he signs.

Agree what Boycey said above. £30m is the new squad player price for the leading clubs. Ridiculous fees going to be paid this year.

heganboy

Salah- I think he is a good fit for Liverpool, his pace and work rate fit the Klopp model.

My fear for the upcoming year is that we saw a drop off towards the end of the season in terms of performance. Some of that is due to the toll taken on the players of the high press. There were not enough players of the caliber required for a title challenge to play, and not enough of the bench to step up as yet, even though it was good to see a number of the youngsters getting blooded. I think that there has to be a significant addition to the squad, Solanke is a good addition. I think Salah is a good start, and we need more like him.

Obviously there are a lot of pie in the sky rumors this time of year. Lacazette would be huge, but unlikely, Keita is the one I think we should break the bank for, and Van Dijk would be a great pick up.

I have always said that every great team has an outstanding keeper. Big Kasper Schmeichel for me would be the best candidate for Liverpool. I don't believe that either Mignolet or Karius will be good enough this season, and a goalkeeper for Liverpool this season will really need to excel in concentration through the game, and I think that we have seen both current keepers struggle there.

I am a big fan of Studge, and carrying him as a luxury is something that I believe Liverpool should do, but another player is needed for that role week in week out. Lacazette would be immediately impactful and would be an immediate fan favourite, but I'm not sure that Mr Henry is going to fund that kind of spending.

Id like to see how Joe Gomez and Danny Ings could do in a squad role.  I think Milner's days in the left back role are numbered even without Mendy arriving. I think he's a solid choice as a holding midfielder, but again only as a squad player.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TabClear

Quote from: heganboy on June 05, 2017, 03:32:42 PM
Salah- I think he is a good fit for Liverpool, his pace and work rate fit the Klopp model.

My fear for the upcoming year is that we saw a drop off towards the end of the season in terms of performance. Some of that is due to the toll taken on the players of the high press. There were not enough players of the caliber required for a title challenge to play, and not enough of the bench to step up as yet, even though it was good to see a number of the youngsters getting blooded. I think that there has to be a significant addition to the squad, Solanke is a good addition. I think Salah is a good start, and we need more like him.

Obviously there are a lot of pie in the sky rumors this time of year. Lacazette would be huge, but unlikely, Keita is the one I think we should break the bank for, and Van Dijk would be a great pick up.

I have always said that every great team has an outstanding keeper. Big Kasper Schmeichel for me would be the best candidate for Liverpool. I don't believe that either Mignolet or Karius will be good enough this season, and a goalkeeper for Liverpool this season will really need to excel in concentration through the game, and I think that we have seen both current keepers struggle there.

I am a big fan of Studge, and carrying him as a luxury is something that I believe Liverpool should do, but another player is needed for that role week in week out. Lacazette would be immediately impactful and would be an immediate fan favourite, but I'm not sure that Mr Henry is going to fund that kind of spending.

Id like to see how Joe Gomez and Danny Ings could do in a squad role.  I think Milner's days in the left back role are numbered even without Mendy arriving. I think he's a solid choice as a holding midfielder, but again only as a squad player.

Agree with pretty much all of that.  Only spanner in the works is that "apparently" Messi wants couthinho at Barca. If he left then there is a massive hole to be filled.

J70

Good news, if it turns out to be true.

Its going to blow up their wage system though!

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 05:39:02 PM

What wage system?

J70

Quote from: Boycey on June 05, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2017, 05:39:02 PM

What wage system?

Wasn't there talk of him getting close to 200K/week?

That's way more than anyone except Coutinho, who just signed a new deal.

gawa316

Class player anytime I've seen him and would undoubtedly improve our backline but would be slightly worried about the injury

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on June 05, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

He has been very good at Roma the last couple of years. My worry is that he was just OK at Chelsea, albeit playing under Jose I think. Very different system he will be going into under Klopp if he signs.

Agree what Boycey said above. £30m is the new squad player price for the leading clubs. Ridiculous fees going to be paid this year.
Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku were just ok at Chelsea also..they turned out ok
Anyway until you see the photo of the player leaning against something at Melwood there is no point in wondering how he will fit in!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2017, 01:07:50 PM

Anyway until you see the photo of the player leaning against something at Melwood there is no point in wondering how he will fit in!

Matic didn't set the world alight in his first spell at chelsea either.

The fees being talked about for pretty much everyone in this window so far are crazy, there isnt really a point of reference in past windows.
A better gauge is that man city have just spent 42m on Bernardo Silva and look like they are going to spend £45m on a new left back and £34m on a keeper.

£30m is the new £15m in the market for the big clubs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Megaman

Saddens to me to say but its looking like a few good players could end up at Liverpool this Summer it all goes well for them

Van Dijk, Lacazette, Salah & James.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 07, 2017, 02:38:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2017, 01:07:50 PM

Matic didn't set the world alight in his first spell at chelsea either.

The fees being talked about for pretty much everyone in this window so far are crazy, there isnt really a point of reference in past windows.
A better gauge is that man city have just spent 42m on Bernardo Silva and look like they are going to spend £45m on a new left back and £34m on a keeper.

£30m is the new £15m in the market for the big clubs

Wouldn't take much notice of City & Silva, they've a habit of hiding the truth when it comes to fees. The french media think the real figure was nearer to 80 million euro's. There's no way Monaco will let their 2nd biggest asset leave the club for 50 million euro's so early in the summer. The weak £ isn't helping English clubs either,  two summers ago the £ hit 1.40 euro at one point.