Quote from: dec on May 30, 2020, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: glens73 on May 30, 2020, 05:40:10 PM
Rapper Killer Mike gives impassioned speech during Atlanta protests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHWVJYXkeU

Powerful stuff

Your link is an FTP link rather than a https link

Cheers, fixed now

bennydorano

Why are there so many intolerant Liberals? The word has become utterly meaningless.

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on May 30, 2020, 06:26:13 PM
Why are there so many intolerant Liberals? The word has become utterly meaningless.

It bewilders me.

People like Sid are strange beings. Anyone who doesn't precisely follow their narrow political stance is declared a fascist. Any attempts to offer a slightly different take are irately shouted down. They will not accept that forcing their political beliefs upon others is undemocratic.

Liberal my arse.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2020, 06:41:27 PM

It bewilders me.

People like Sid are strange beings. Anyone who doesn't precisely follow their narrow political stance is declared a fascist. Any attempts to offer a slightly different take are irately shouted down. They will not accept that forcing their political beliefs upon others is undemocratic.

Liberal my arse.
Try and not copy things straight out of the Twitter feed of Brendan O'Neill and pass them off as your own "opinions".

You'll still be wrong, as you generally are, but you won't look as stupid.

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on May 30, 2020, 08:08:42 PM

It bewilders me.

Liberal my arse.
Try and not copy things straight out of the Twitter feed of Brendan O'Neill and pass them off as your own "opinions".

I have no idea what you're taking about, but I would say is that if the political system you yearn for would see the people behave more like your good self - uncompromisingly rude and intolerant - then we might just be better off with what we have.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2020, 08:41:22 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 30, 2020, 08:08:42 PM

It bewilders me.

Liberal my arse.

I have no idea what you're taking about, but I would say is that if the political system you yearn for would see the people behave more like your good self - uncompromisingly rude and intolerant - then we might just be better off with what we have.
Quite telling that claim to have no idea what I'm talking about really, isn't it.

If you have nothing to offer except gaslighting and trolling, which you obviously don't - and I'm not just going on this thread but on the evidence of your history of posting on a wide array of topics, you'd probably be best off not commenting. This thread is already bogged down with trolls and gaslighters who offer nothing.

But empty vessels tend to make the most noise, don't they. And they love nothing more than claiming fake victimhood in the absence of having anything remotely of interest to say, as you do.

sid waddell

Thread:

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1266741059163389952

Remarkable info coming out of this presser: Gov. Tim Walls, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter and now MN attorney general Keith Ellison ALL alleging outside forces, domestic and possibly foreign, have post-Tuesday infiltrated the state, and are

in organized fashion setting fire to historic businesses in communities of color, and causing mayhem. Ellison cited the widely circulating video of a white man in a gas mask holding an umbrella who was caught by protestors on video breaking windows.

And the governor says he has reached out to the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and fully mobilized the MN National Guard for the first time in 164 years. This is a continuing story and presumably we will begin hearing it echoed in other cities.

Mayor Carter said EVERY person arrested last night during the protests was from out of state. The governor said it is at least 80 percent, and that they will begin releasing the names. Dept of Safety Commissioner John Harrington says they are contract-tracing arrestees:

He adds that white nationalist groups are posting messages promoting going to Minneapolis to "get our loot on" and cause mayhem. He says they will investigate those using the outrage over the murder of George Floyd as a "cover" for illegal activity

Gov. Walls acknowledged the legitimate "rage and anger" over the police-involved killing but "last night was a mockery of pretending it's about George Floyd's death or about disparities."

This pressure just gets more remarkable. Mayor Frey says on Tuesday the protests were very different. He says the masks worn by the protests after they morphed were about disguise, not covid safety.

Mayor Carter says they saw mayhem starters throw incendiary devices and then run behind legit protesters and "use them as a human shield." He says being out after curfew allows yourself to be used.

This is now a story not just about grief, anger, protest, George Floyd and Black Lives Matter, it's about infiltration and deliberate mayhem inflicted on the very communities that are hurting — both because of police brutality, and due to cove—per the mayor 1,000 deaths to date.

sid waddell

Of course Barr is claiming the exact opposite - they always accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of.

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1266742854266900483

Minnesota officials say many of the violent protesters who have caused widespread damage are from out of state. Authorities have been monitoring alleged criminals online, including postings by suspected white supremacists trying to incite violence.

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1266768392792440833

It appears to be a widespread, organized attempt to infiltrate the protests, escalate the violence, and force either a nationwide racial confrontation or push Donald Trump into action, either way moving toward a takeover of the country and establishment of a white ethnostate.

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1266768723429470209

None of this is tinfoil hat stuff. It's been brewing for decades. These groups have been training and prepping and planning for a moment like this. It appears, for many of them, this is the Go Moment and are aggressively using the protests as a catalyst and cover.

sid waddell

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyb9b/far-right-extremists-are-hoping-to-turn-the-george-floyd-protests-into-a-new-civil-war

By Tess Owen
May 29 2020, 10:41pm

Far-Right Extremists Are Hoping to Turn the George Floyd Protests Into a New Civil War
Armed extremists are showing up to protests and urging a "boogaloo" — code for civil war — online.

Far-right extremists are showing up, with guns, to the protests against police brutality that have exploded across the country.

Others are egging on the violence from behind their computers, urging followers to carry out acts of violence against black protesters with the goal of sparking a "race war."

Their presence makes an uneasy addition to the escalating unrest, which was triggered by the death of George Floyd, a black man who was choked to death by a white Minneapolis police officer earlier this week.

But there's a range of motivations that's driving far-right interest toward the protests, which are being led by community members and Black Lives Matter, and bolstered by antifascists.

For example, the so-called Boogaloo Bois — a group of armed anti-government extremists made visible by their Hawaiian shirts — have reportedly shown up to some of the protests.

The "boogaloo" is code for impending civil war or violent confrontation with law enforcement, and that's what they're hoping to get out of the protests. Their main reason for being there is their antipathy toward law enforcement, and so they're trying to position themselves as allies of Black Lives Matter protesters. They've made police brutality one of their central issues, which was explored at length in a Bellingcat article this week.

Their approach to police brutality links the victims of the deadly standoff with federal agents at Ruby Ridge in 1992, to the victims of modern police brutality, including Floyd. But unlike the vast majority of protesters, they refuse to acknowledge the fact that police brutality is an issue that disproportionately impacts people of color.

There have been scattered reports of Boogaloo Bois' presence at the protests, which were compiled by a Bellingcat investigative journalist in a thread. He includes an audio clip (stripped of video per activists' requests) of protesters saying they'd wrestled a handgun from a "white nationalist" agitator — whom he describes as a Boogaloo Boi who became overly rowdy. Another photo, shared across private Boogaloo Facebook pages, showed one of their own unfurling their trademark flag during the Minneapolis protests. And one protester posted a picture of himself wearing a gas mask to Instagram, under the hashtag #Boogaloo.

While some Boogaloo Bois say they're just libertarians, others will, on occasion, veer into racism — and make no secret of their desire for violence. In addition to their physical presence at the protests, the #boogaloo hashtag on social media has been flooded with memes in the last couple days egging on violence, and talking about how they hope this is the beginning of a civil war.

While more established militia types sometimes share those perspectives, they often view themselves as intermediaries between law enforcement and civilians. For example, two armed white men were interviewed by the Minnesota Reformer, a local independent news organization, outside a tobacco store in Minneapolis this week. They said they were protecting businesses from looters, but were also there to defend civilians should they need to.

"Cops are less likely to tread on people's rights when there's other armed people around them," one of the men told the interviewer.

Local activists identified another group in Minneapolis as members of the III% militia, one of the largest militia networks in the U.S.

But perhaps the most troubling of all are the hardcore "accelerationists" who are encouraging their neo-Nazi followers to go to the protests and carry out acts of violence against black people — all with the goal of "exacerbating the ethnic tensions" and sparking a "race war."

Accelerationists promote violence to speed up the collapse of society. An eco-fascist Telegram channel wrote to its nearly 2,500 subscribers on Thursday that "a riot would be the perfect place to commit a murder." Accelerationists often seek to exploit moments of political or civil unrest, and the widespread protests that have unfolded across the country fit the bill. Similarly, 4chan is full of racists cheering the violence and saying that they hope it's the beginning of a "race war."

thewobbler

Wow Sid, just wow.

Based on your contributions to that last 3-4 pages of this thread, you don't see a forum as a forum like most of us do. You don't actually want discussion. Instead you want the opportunity to reveal your brilliant mind, and should anyone raise an eyebrow, you belittle them with increasingly rude force.

Just a handful of messages ago you absolutely condemned anyone who doesn't think of US politics as more complex than Trump=Nazi, as also being a Nazi.

If this online persona is a reflection of you really behave, then you are possibly borderline insane.

One could actually describe your behaviour as Trump-esque.

Don't just rant back at me. Think about it.

Square Ball

Many watching the CNN coverage of the protests? Early afternoon and it's starting to get nasty.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2020, 09:19:16 PM
Wow Sid, just wow.

Based on your contributions to that last 3-4 pages of this thread, you don't see a forum as a forum like most of us do. You don't actually want discussion. Instead you want the opportunity to reveal your brilliant mind, and should anyone raise an eyebrow, you belittle them with increasingly rude force.

Just a handful of messages ago you absolutely condemned anyone who doesn't think of US politics as more complex than Trump=Nazi, as also being a Nazi.

If this online persona is a reflection of you really behave, then you are possibly borderline insane.

One could actually describe your behaviour as Trump-esque.

Don't just rant back at me. Think about it.
Having read many of your posts oveer a long amount of time, the pattern I've found with them is you almost exclusively tend to take a professional contrarian position which debaates a straw man, without actually dealing with the substance of the issue at hand.

That's the hallmark of somebody who has nothing of substance to say but insists on saying it.

And so it is again here.

Read your post back again.

You literally proved my point about you perfectly. All you have is trolling, which is the hallmark of all Trump suupporters.

I think there's one poster that alone, and very alone, thinks they have a brilliant mind on this forum, it's yourself.

And you do a mean line in taking fake offence.

I think that says a lot about your character as a person - none of it good.

And that you refuse to engage in any way on any matter of substance, but choose to call somebody who tells inconvenient truths "insane" - well, to use your own words, "wow, just wow".

whitey

Sid....if I was a Trump supporter, I would be very encouraged by your recent "postings", because your attitude toward people who hold different views is exactly the type of attitude among Democrats that pushed swing voters towards Trump in 2016 (who had voted for Obama twice, I might add)