your favourite scores against the dubs

Started by small white mayoman, August 22, 2007, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Not only is Mugsy's goal the best scored against Dublin, I'd say it was the best goal ever scored in Croke Park and that's a big statement.

Will Hunting

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2007, 11:17:21 AM
Quote from: Rick O Shea on August 22, 2007, 11:13:59 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2007, 09:48:28 AM
AISF 1993 Johnny McGurk's left footed point to win the game. Awesome!!!!

Definitely  ;D

Also, Peter Canavans 12th point in the 1995 final.....  ;)  :'(  :D

OH YES!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Who was it that scored that 'point' against Dublin in the 1995 final - was it Sean McLaughlin??

It gets my vote  :D ;D :D ;D :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Will Hunting on August 22, 2007, 11:40:11 AM
Who was it that scored that 'point' against Dublin in the 1995 final - was it Sean McLaughlin??

Yep, can't even get the twisted facts straight!  :P

Any more Muckers for the toddlers losers' laughing line thread?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

It was a  Paddy Russell assist ! For Dublin I mean.

Gnevin

Have agree Mugsy's goal  , he was pretty poor all season and then turns it on against us  >:(  :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Croí na hÉireann

Taken from "Paidi's Army": ( :-[ :-[ :-[)

"It's 37 years since Westmeath defeated Dublin in the Leinster Championship, they're on the verge of it at the moment, Connaughton, O'Donoghue, Keane, Dolan and O'Shaughnessey all playing well. The ball is with O'Shaughnessey in the middle of the field, he takes a long high one, and Paul Conway goes to the clouds, he comes back to terra firma, he turns around, IT'S A POINT!!!"

One of them all too rare occasions where u lose the run of yourself...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 22, 2007, 10:26:56 AM
Quote from: Uladh on August 22, 2007, 10:18:07 AM
Put United spurs on the big screen and it'll soon take effect

Oooh you big fecker 8)

Interesting point about the whole Dubs / soccer fans argument is the proportion of non Dubs regularly posting of the Man Utd and Liverpool threads displaying a good deal on knowledge on the subject.
I've no issue with people supporting both sports, but I have noticed a few people (not you Uladh) slagging the dubs for being soccer fans while declaring their love for english teams in the non GAA section.
Laoislad is a great defender of supporting both and declares his love for Liverpool regularly, then slags Dublin fans saying they are like soccer fans. I cant work this logic out at all.
Strange.

Yes very strange isn't it  :D

Anywho back to the topic of the thread,My favourite Laois score against Dublin would be any score we get against them,but if i was to pick one i would say Padraic Clancys point from play from at least over 50 yards in the 2003 Leinster Semi Final
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

I seem to remember a savage point scored by that big ginger midfielder Clancy from Laois in the 2003 Leinster Final - caught the ball from his own kick-out, soloed it and let fly from over 50 yards out right over the black spot

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 22, 2007, 03:30:43 PM
I seem to remember a savage point scored by that big ginger midfielder Clancy from Laois in the 2003 Leinster Final - caught the ball from his own kick-out, soloed it and let fly from over 50 yards out right over the black spot

You mean the one i just posted right above your post ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2007, 09:48:28 AM
AISF 1993 Johnny McGurk's left footed point to win the game. Awesome!!!!
my personal favourite
Big McGilligan got one the same day-  any time Brian McGilligan scored was a collectors item.

Also have to say Eoin Mulligans goal was superb for many reasons - the atmosphere in croker that day, the skill , timing and the execution of it.

Gabriel_Hurl

sligeach

Maurice Fitz in 2001, Unbelievable.
Mike Sheehy v Paddy Cullen, priceless.

Star Spangler

Quote from: sligeach on August 22, 2007, 04:11:17 PM

Wasn't that back in the days when the opposition didn't say things to opposing players to try to put them off their game?  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Star Spangler on August 22, 2007, 04:21:55 PM

Wasn't that back in the days when the opposition didn't say things to opposing players to try to put them off their game?  ;)

It was back in the days when your oppenents would miss an open goal from 3 yards out ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Star Spangler

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 22, 2007, 04:27:17 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on August 22, 2007, 04:21:55 PM

It was back in the days when your oppenents would miss an open goal from 3 yards out ;) ;)

Sure that still happens.  Twice in some games (Doire abu  :D)