Your highlights of the 2014 season

Started by seafoid, October 07, 2014, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Throw up a video as well if you can

One of mine was Donaghy communicating with Joe Brolly via the PA system  in Croke Park and Brolly's response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOwtTzUAZQ

larryin89

The worst in my lifetime for disappointment  , i dont think ill ever get over the sheer agony of Limerick . I know ill get slated in here for being what looks like pathetic but it is my true feelings, its now October and i still think about it , i have kicked stones in anger when i have random  flashbacks.Its not all about the blaming of venue and ref either, things like if Hennelly had of just given it another bit of wellie i believe we'd be all Ireland champions now.It's sickening beyond belief. My worrry is now we might have to bury another generation without Sam and im getting closer to the muck too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Feckitt

BennyCake

The Bearded One

That the refs copped themselves on and stopped using black cards.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Creativity in the opposition to the Sky deal

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/eugene-mcgee-this-is-not-the-thin-end-of-the-wedge-its-the-whole-wedge-30146924.html

Two brothers of my acquaintance, aged 72 and 76, who live in a rural part of the country on their own, have always regarded Gaelic football as an integral part of their lives. They played for the local club for over 20 years, they were on the club committee and they often assisted in preparing young players to become footballers in the local pitch. Days out to watch their own and neighbouring counties play were the highlights of their year, but in recent years, because of their age, that has become something they have been unable to do. Instead, they watched the live televised games in the championship, regardless of what counties were involved.They were heartbroken when they heard that they would not see 14 games in this year's championship because they have never had Sky and have absolutely no intention of spending their scarce money on a subscription as other sports do not interest them.

Rossfan

We improved and I suppose modest highlights were
Promotion to D2
Winning a nice shiny cupeen in Croker
Club Rossie and the Bus
U21s batin the lard out of the Rhubarbíns in Prentypark and going on to win Connacht and reach the AI final.
Hope they can repeat the dose when they get a bit older.
The end of the Hyde Park saga.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

The O'Byrne Cup Final. (Naturally)

The Christy Ring Cup Final.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

imtommygunn

Antrim beating Laois in the hurling championship.

Antrim beating fermanagh in the ulster football championship.

Jinxy

I think the Roscommon Bus was a highlight for all of us.
If you were any use you'd be playing.