Soccer in GAA grounds ?

Started by Junior B, October 03, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Why some serious worrying attitudes on this thread.

Once you take a cent of government funding you should not be allowed discriminate against another sporting organisation.
#newbridgeornowhere

LooseCannon

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on October 03, 2018, 01:39:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2018, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on October 03, 2018, 01:16:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2018, 12:53:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 03, 2018, 12:17:56 PM
Tell them to feck off and get their own pitch or charge them rent. Too many soccer clubs in this country think they should get grounds for free.

The local GAA club where I'm from regularly use the local soccer clubs all weather pitches for training.

Too many people always quick to have a go at soccer clubs.

Because most soccer clubs tend to have massive c***ts in influential positions.
At a local level? Really? Cop on to yourself.
Yeah, there's a fair amount of them. In saying that there are some that are the finest.
So now what you are saying is there is good and bad involved in soccer clubs.
So basically the same as every club and organisation up and down the country, be that soccer GAA, Basketball or fecking Tiddlywinks.

Like I said cop on to yourself.

Calm down, I was only trying to wind someone up. Unfortunately, you caught the bait.😁😁

Itchy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 03, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

Once you take a cent of government funding you should not be allowed discriminate against another sporting organisation.

What a  load of absolute horse shite

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Itchy on October 03, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

Please explain why?
#newbridgeornowhere

Kickham csc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 03, 2018, 03:41:51 PM

Please explain why?
Because GAA people pay Taxes, the GAA pays Taxes and are entitled to use public funding it a funding program is available and they qualify based on the applications merits.

Otherwise, the previous case with Shamrock Rovers and Tomas Davis should have resulted in a ground share

five points

Okay let's play that U14 hurling blitz on a racecourse. If they don't let us in, they're discriminating.  ::)

Baile Brigín 2

Where does it say the soccer clubs want free use? If they see an astro go in, they are perfectly entitled to look to rent. And the GAA club are entitled to say no. However I believe it should be up to tbe club, especially if they have a debt to pay.

And soccer is moving to summer football mirroring the LoI. The GAA did not factor in the decision.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: five points on October 03, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

Okay let's play that U14 hurling blitz on a racecourse. If they don't let us in, they're discriminating.  ::)
Racing Ireland dont have a rule banning hurling though, do they?

Baile Brigín 2

Out of interest, assuming the joint venture with the school happens,  and best of luck, what will hapoen if they decide to play soccer or rugby on it during PE?

Itchy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 03, 2018, 03:41:51 PM

Please explain why?

If you got a government grant to install some solar panels, I'm not entitled to have a shower in your house.

I think GAA clubs should be allowed decide for themselves who can and cannot play on their grounds. No one, including HQ, should be telling them otherwise. However if a club in one code is allowing another play on their pitch they should be charging rent and making sure other code knows their position on insurance

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Junior B on October 03, 2018, 12:13:05 PM
We recently acquired extra land to develop our facilities over the coming years. On the strenght of a pro active committee and club lotto we were able to pay for this land up front. We have drawings complete and ready to go to tender in the coming weeks  to install a full sized additional pitch with a walking track which will be of great benefit to all within our community.

The local National School is located beside the GAA grounds and has daily and unlimited use of the grounds (as it should). The school had a large fundraiser a number of months ago and is now applying for a grant also. The intention is to do a joint application with the GAA club and if we are lucky put in a wall ball with a astro area which will benefit all. School kids, club etc...

A major stumbling block at the moment is the request from two local soccer clubs to use the facility for training purposes for x amount of hours per week and i presume to hold organised juvenile soccer games.

There is a couple of things to bear in mind. This is not a community field. The facility will be within GAA grounds. The land is owned by the GAA. Soccer is changing to run its competitions in line with GAA calander.

Just so I'm clear in my understanding:

(1) The additional pitch, astro area, walking track (wholly club funded)
are separate from
(2) The ball wall and another astro area (the application with the school)
?
But the land for both developments are wholly owned by the club?

If you don't need the money, my initial inclination would be to tell the soccer bunch to fk off - it keeps it simple, clear and would reduce/stop drain of players away to soccer.

But if you did need the income, then setting up a non-profit holding company (whose directors are the club committee) which has a long term lease on the land for development 2 and pays the club rent would probably allow you to rent the ground out to whomever without stepping on HQ's toes. (But I'm not a lawyer.)
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Soccer always with the hand out. Sponging off the hard work of others. Makes you wonder who are the professionals and who are the amateurs.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on October 04, 2018, 10:52:37 AM
Soccer always with the hand out. Sponging off the hard work of others. Makes you wonder who are the professionals and who are the amateurs.
Asking to rent a pitch is not sponging. Its asking to rent a pitch

general_lee

I don't see the big deal. Presuming the soccer club is part of the same community? Presuming kids from the school are members of both gaa and soccer clubs? I know of clubs who allow the use of their facilities to other sporting organisations and guess what the world didn't end, their club didn't fold and they have a nice wee revenue earner on the back of it

five points

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 03, 2018, 05:54:30 PM
Racing Ireland dont have a rule banning hurling though, do they?

Look to play on their track and you'll soon find they do.