Free state shoppers flooding the North!

Started by T Fearon, December 27, 2016, 11:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They should look at how well the South got out of their debt problems and use that formula...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2016, 04:26:00 PM
They should look at how well the South got out of their debt problems and use that formula...
the South is better than England at looking after people. Part of the problem the UK has is that the Tories don't understand what drives the deficit. The North of England never recovered from deindustrialisation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

I've never been up the north to shop.

Hard enough to find the money to spend it down here

seafoid

MR it is not correct to say nobody can predict what will happen. If you want to hose the car and there is a hole in the hose you can pretend there isn't and feign surprise when only a small amount of water reaches the car.
The UK economy has serious structural problems that mean a happy ending is very unlikely.  The government spends more than it takes in. The country imports more than it exports. And Brexit will cut it off from its main export market. Productivity is stagnant. Other than that everything is fine.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 27, 2016, 11:52:46 PM
It's nice to see the decent people of Ireland helping out their poorer less fortunate fellow country people.
However the Rossfan family always shop local.

They always breed locally as well.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 28, 2016, 06:37:56 PM
MR it is not correct to say nobody can predict what will happen. If you want to hose the car and there is a hole in the hose you can pretend there isn't and feign surprise when only a small amount of water reaches the car.
The UK economy has serious structural problems that mean a happy ending is very unlikely.  The government spends more than it takes in. The country imports more than it exports. And Brexit will cut it off from its main export market. Productivity is stagnant. Other than that everything is fine.

So what you are saying has been happening for years anyway, brexit has had nothing to do with the imports and exports problem.... so it's down to the government to find new trades outside of Europe... now if I'm not mistaken Europe is the smallest and possibly the smallest population in terms of continent, and not even all the European countries are in the European Union... would it be out of the realms of fantasy to suggest that Britain may trade successfully outside of it? Yes they are the closest and easiest to trade with but ffs man your doomsday situation might not happen!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2016, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 28, 2016, 06:37:56 PM

So what you are saying has been happening for years anyway, brexit has had nothing to do with the imports and exports problem.... so it's down to the government to find new trades outside of Europe... now if I'm not mistaken Europe is the smallest and possibly the smallest population in terms of continent, and not even all the European countries are in the European Union... would it be out of the realms of fantasy to suggest that Britain may trade successfully outside of it? Yes they are the closest and easiest to trade with but ffs man your doomsday situation might not happen!

A few years ago flights across Europe were cut for 2 days because of an ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland. 14000 flights per day were cancelled. That is how much economic activity Europe generates each day. Delhi to Bombay is the busiest flight traffic in India .200 per day.
The UK needs to find 500m people who are as rich as Europe.
Simples.

Milltown Row2

I see you're a glass half empty type person, depressing as you make it, it's not bad, but well plod on. Giving up isn't an option really.... and once it gets too bad I'll skip over the border and make a fortune as you're are doing soo well

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 28, 2016, 07:59:46 PM
I see you're a glass half empty type person, depressing as you make it, it's not bad, but well plod on. Giving up isn't an option really.... and once it gets too bad I'll skip over the border and make a fortune as you're are doing soo well
I'm actually quite optimistic but I think the systemic challenges facing the UK are unlikely to be addressed. The Uk needs higher taxes on corporate wealth and on the ultra rich, If that happens maybe things will pick up. But you can't magic away 35 years of doing the wrong thing. I would recommend "the road to recovery" by Andrew Smithers if you are interested in solutions.

T Fearon

I reversed the trend yesterday and got a few excellent bargains in Kildare Village,where I spotted a few Northern Protestant/Unionists of my acquaintance as well as an All Ireland winning manager.

Can't beat a bargain whether it be euros or sterling in any location!

Jim Bob

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2016, 10:50:51 AM
I reversed the trend yesterday and got a few excellent bargains in Kildare Village,where I spotted a few Northern Protestant/Unionists of my acquaintance as well as an All Ireland winning manager.

Can't beat a bargain whether it be euros or sterling in any location!

But nothing like the bargain you thought you were getting when you booked thon hotel that time.

T Fearon

JimBob 😂😂😂😂😂 Oh strap my rib cage,I'm laughing that much! Never heard that one before! Funniest joke of the year. 🙄🙄🙄

seafoid

Actually the South never dealt with the debt problems...

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on December 29, 2016, 11:29:08 AM
We kicked that can way down the road

vallankumous

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 29, 2016, 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 29, 2016, 11:29:08 AM
We kicked that can way down the road

The people lining up for food parcels in Dublin would disagree.