James killcullen mayo transfers to sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 02, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Didn't he win club player of the yr in mayo last yr. hope it's true. I'm nearly sure he's related to mickey kerins. Anyone else heard this? How good is he?

I also heard a player from bellaghy who plays with c,town has transferred to his native county, not parsons btw...

Looks like we're winning the battle of the border at last.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Should that be Roscommon?  ;D

James is a big, strong midfielder and one of the few Ballagh players not to be washed way under a Brigid's tide in the Connacht final. Instrumental in them getting to the final in the first place. Very good on the front foot. I could see him starting for Sligo given half a chance, he was on the Mayo panel in the past.

Good to see more Ballagh men getting inter-county chances, but this isn't how I imagined it'd happen.

ross4life

He did win the Mayo club player of the year & extra midfield power is just what Sligo probably need.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 02, 2013, 07:18:17 PM
Didn't he win club player of the yr in mayo last yr. hope it's true. I'm nearly sure he's related to mickey kerins. Anyone else heard this? How good is he?

I also heard a player from bellaghy who plays with c,town has transferred to his native county, not parsons btw...

Ye can win as many battles of the borders as ye want, so long as we keep beating ye on the pitch. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Best of luck to the Lad. Big(ish) decision to throw in your lot with another county. Suppose he wants to play at a higher level than club, so why not.

magpie seanie

What clubs are these guys going to as a matter of interest?

Syferus

James' uncle is Mickey Kerins and his parents are both from Sligo - has he even switched clubs? If he does I imagine it'd be to Eastern Harps.

moysider

Does he need to switch clubs? Can he not play with Sligo under parentage rule?

moysider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 02, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

Hmmm. Sure about that because there s a rumour out there that Tom Pa..............

stephenite

Quote from: moysider on February 03, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

Does he need to switch clubs? Can he not play with Sligo under parentage rule?

Correct, I've heard he'll continue to play for Ballagh