Great sportsmanship!!

Started by SLIGONIAN, January 27, 2011, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/29220/

Nice to see this happen, fair play to all involved, some strike by your man though...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

All of a Sludden

What a goal. Great jesture though.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

stew

If I was a paying customer and my team let somebody score on purpose I would be seriously pissed off in a scenario like this, the guy scored from over forty yards, thats on the keeper.

We were playing in a tournament last year in minnesota and we got a penalty that the ref got wrong, the other coach was screaming at me to have our kid miss it as it was a bogus call, my player stuck the ball in the net and at the end of the game the guy refused to shake my hand and callled me a cheating bastard, I told him thems the breaks and the next time somebody had sympathy for us on a bad call would be the first time.

Finally, it is sporting to kick the ball out of play wen a player is injured but it is not required, ask Arsne.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J OGorman

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
If I was a paying customer and my team let somebody score on purpose I would be seriously pissed off in a scenario like this, the guy scored from over forty yards, thats on the keeper.

We were playing in a tournament last year in minnesota and we got a penalty that the ref got wrong, the other coach was screaming at me to have our kid miss it as it was a bogus call, my player stuck the ball in the net and at the end of the game the guy refused to shake my hand and callled me a cheating b**tard, I told him thems the breaks and the next time somebody had sympathy for us on a bad call would be the first time.

Finally, it is sporting to kick the ball out of play wen a player is injured but it is not required, ask Arsne.  ;)

well just shows you are a win at all costs gamesmanship kinda guy

great jesture altogether and fair play to them

Hardy

If I had a bet on the game and I was cheated by this carry-on, who would I sue?

The Real Laoislad

One of the Louth fellas might be able help you.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leaveherinsir

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9337483.stm

Posted this a while back on the Nottingham Forest thread, "almost" a similar instance in a bigger game. Look out for the reaction of the managers here.
Looked like there was at least one or two players in the non league game who really wanted to tackle the lad soloing through them

ONeill

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2011, 03:21:45 PM

We were playing in a tournament last year in minnesota and we got a penalty that the ref got wrong, the other coach was screaming at me to have our kid miss it as it was a bogus call, my player stuck the ball in the net and at the end of the game the guy refused to shake my hand and callled me a cheating b**tard, I told him thems the breaks and the next time somebody had sympathy for us on a bad call would be the first time.

Shocked at your very unChristian-like attitude Stew and thank fcuk you're not coaching my kids.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 28, 2011, 11:38:13 PM
Probably the only time I have ever agreed with stew. If you get a penalty (deserved or not), you put it in the net.

Aye, that's a no-brainer, but Stew is intimating that he would not have returned the favour in the original video. That makes me sad.

Puckoon

I think he was waiting over in the corner for the pass back.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 28, 2011, 11:55:38 PM
What was the 'keeper at?

I'm sure he wasn't expect a thunderbolt return and was taking a drink whilst the injured player was being carried off. I think the hoor who shot had a fair idea he was making life difficult.