Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickham csc

Quote from: Spike on November 03, 2017, 11:19:54 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 03, 2017, 11:00:40 PM
so who did the 4 characters who called in at training 1 night represent?

Even Peadar didnt say who they were. Every club has a mixture of aupporters, not to know this displays ignorance of gaa clubs

The 4 people were not from within the club

Kickham csc

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 03, 2017, 10:15:39 PM
Well is it ok to join the police now cause SINN FEIN SAYS SO?? but it wasnt 10-15yrs ago cause Sinn Fein told people not to join>

As for what Brolly said, i havent read his latest post on Creggan, but they should have issued a statement last week after this came out instead of saying nothing.

Reality is we all are to ready to blame unionists, uda/uvf etc for all the ills and troubles in the north, but the same mentality exists within our own community.
bullying by political parties, shadowy groups in the background to intimidate to get their way.

No we shouldn't have. 

Brolly is playing games to benefit his profile. As  I've said before, Creggan has always been a private in-house focused community club. If Brolly was really interested in Peadar's interests, all he had to do was reach out to Creggan, lines of communication would have been easily opened, since, wait for it, HIS F"£king FAMILY ARE IN THE CLUB COMMITTEE. Holy SHIT how hard would be to resolve this issue by reaching out via your family.

Brolly is pushing his agenda, trying to blacken Creggan's name, and will not help Peadar in any way.

Apologise for Kevin lynch Brolly before questioning another club.

In my mind, all the damage is done. Creggan should sit tight, let the storm blow over, and then get back o doing wat Creggan does best; raising money of charity, supporting local families in need, providing a service to the youth of the community, creating a culture outlet, and striving for sporting excellence.

And leaving the political games to political hacks like Brolly

MoChara

The reaction to Peader joining the cops was an obvious one and one that would have happened in any club in the North at the time.

The problem with the article is it links the emotional aspect of his attack to the "shunning" by his club mates which we are hearing wasn't as complete or widespread as he suggested.

These are two totally different incidents, Joe brolly is attacking Creggan with the logic of one and the emotion of the other and that isn't fair is a known false argument called Affirming The Consequent. Does anyone believe Peader wouldn't have been attacked had he stayed at home playing football, which he wouldn't have been let do by the PSNI anyway.

I imagine there was a few clubs in the country that reacted to members joining the cops in similar ways and since the attack on Paeder is not linked to the initial local reaction I expect Joe to be traveling the country releasing statements regarding each of them. I wonder did anyone from his own parish have to move away when they joined the peelers.

vallankumous

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 03, 2017, 10:15:39 PM
Well is it ok to join the police now cause SINN FEIN SAYS SO?? but it wasnt 10-15yrs ago cause Sinn Fein told people not to join>

As for what Brolly said, i havent read his latest post on Creggan, but they should have issued a statement last week after this came out instead of saying nothing.

Reality is we all are to ready to blame unionists, uda/uvf etc for all the ills and troubles in the north, but the same mentality exists within our own community.
bullying by political parties, shadowy groups in the background to intimidate to get their way.

Your first point is not true. The change in policy by SF came from the ground. As the ceasefire, decommissioning, the disbandment of the IRA happened it left a void in security in many communities. The RUC had never policed some areas, in fact they went out of their way to paint them as crime hotspots while not policing them.

During this time there was a rise in anti-social activities in my area. It was mostly happening outside my mother's house. Never once did she phone the PSNI. For 2 reasons, she had no faith that they would act and years of distrust made it a big step to make that call. She would never in her life had a reason to call the RUC. I've no doubt the PSNI knew what was happening but they never acted as it suited them to have this area seen as lawless. Eventually my father did act, slapped the head of a few lads. It was clear there was no protection against the rise in petty crime. But that could not continue. Community policing was needed. Politicians were using the void and the statistics to attack good areas and good people.
Massive pressure was put on SF to act, somehow. They were left with three options. Either support policing , support vigilantes or leave communities unprotected.

Even facing this reality wasn't enough for many in SF. The decision led to another split in the party. I think an honest look at that history shows how delicate a matter policing was.

I agree about that we all share some blame, but I also think we fell into some grander design.

Don Johnson

T Fearon

I see Justin Mc Nulty has jumped onto the bandwagon also to raise his profile and further his political career😡

randomusername

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2017, 03:46:17 PM
I see Justin Mc Nulty has jumped onto the bandwagon also to raise his profile and further his political career😡

Not sure that's fair, he was very vocal about the mooted funding cuts to that Ulster Council coaching scheme.

Jim Bob

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2017, 03:46:17 PM

Is he not entitled as an elected MLA to voice his views like any other politician?

T Fearon

He is entitled to air his views,just like Brolly,but when these are wrong and indeed dangerous,they need to be called out

BennyHarp

I'd say this whole affair is pretty standard Joe Brolly. Pick a target, publicly criticise, humiliate, run down or embarrass said target. Forcefully suggest he is doing it for the good of the game, grass roots, community, or some other cause. Leave a load of shit in his wake for others to deal with. Move on to a new target. Repeat. All to the benefit of only one agenda - Joe's own need for notoriety, fame, attention or whatever psychological need that he needs fulfilled.
That was never a square ball!!

Jim Bob

whxt did he say that was wrong and dangerous?

trileacman

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 04, 2017, 05:34:40 PM
I'd say this whole affair is pretty standard Joe Brolly. Pick a target, publicly criticise, humiliate, run down and embarrass said target. Forcefully suggest he is doing it for the good of the game, grass roots, community, or some other cause. Leave a load of shit in his wake for others to deal with. Move on to a new target. Repeat. All to the benefit of only one agenda - Joe's own need for notoriety, fame, attention or whatever psychological need that he needs fulfilled.

In reverse order how many is he on for the year?

Creggan
Gooch Cooper
Mickey Harte
Aidan O'Shea

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Jim Bob

Quote from: trileacman on November 04, 2017, 05:43:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 04, 2017, 05:34:40 PM
I'd say this whole affair is pretty standard Joe Brolly. Pick a target, publicly criticise, humiliate, run down and embarrass said target. Forcefully suggest he is doing it for the good of the game, grass roots, community, or some other cause. Leave a load of shit in his wake for others to deal with. Move on to a new target. Repeat. All to the benefit of only one agenda - Joe's own need for notoriety, fame, attention or whatever psychological need that he needs fulfilled.

In reverse order how many is he on for the year?

Creggan
Gooch Cooper
Mickey Harte
Aidan O'Shea

Enda McNulty (maybe that was last year)

Kickham csc

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

Well for a start Peadar wasn't ostracised by the community. There were sections of the community who were vocal in support of Peadar.

Peadar continued to collect loto money for the club right up to the attack. Peadar attended club dinner dances. Right up to the attack Peadar played soccer on the clubs 4G with ex team mates.

Dangerous, how about reports of threats posted on loyalist websites of burning the club down, so the club is now a target.

I hope to god for Joe's sake that nobody from Creggan gets hurt due to his inaccurate article. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that was the case, I wonder if it would even p***k Joe's conscience if it did happen.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 04, 2017, 06:13:30 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

Well for a start Peadar wasn't ostracised by the community. There were sections of the community who were vocal in support of Peadar.

Peadar continued to collect loto money for the club right up to the attack. Peadar attended club dinner dances. Right up to the attack Peadar played soccer on the clubs 4G with ex team mates.

Dangerous, how about reports of threats posted on loyalist websites of burning the club down, so the club is now a target.

I hope to god for Joe's sake that nobody from Creggan gets hurt due to his inaccurate article. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that was the case, I wonder if it would even p***k Joe's conscience if it did happen.

Sorry was referring to Fearon's claim that Justin McNulty's views were wrong and dangerous.