Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Red Hand Commando in Londonderry rant  ;D

tonto1888

That was a good article

MoChara

Joe's being roasted on Twitter I'd expect this to be news tomorrow

longballin

In what way? About the Tom Humphries case?

screenexile

Quote from: longballin on October 26, 2017, 10:26:32 PM

Yeah...

He's said he would write a character reference for a family member or close friend in the same situation as Humphries!

MoChara

Worse than that in tone, he said "if you had a close friend who was a paedophile, you would have written him a character reference"

Joe said "if it would help yes"

screenexile

The battle of the ego's right now on Twitter!!

redhandefender

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2017, 10:33:53 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 26, 2017, 10:26:32 PM

Yeah...

He's said he would write a character reference for a family member or close friend in the same situation as Humphries!

your some lick ass

Itchy

If one of my friends abused a child, I'd tell him to f**k off and that he's no friend of mine. That's just me. These people should be expelled from communities. Sorry Joe, yer talking shite.

bennydorano

I think he's been trying to make the point that it's near impossible to have a coherent and constructive discussion on the subject as people fly off the handle into moral outrage mode at the mere mention of the word Paedophile. I agree with him 100%, it's such a touchy / taboo subject, that a helluva lot of people cannot discuss rationally.

Asal Mor

Quote from: bennydorano on October 27, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
I think he's been trying to make the point that it's near impossible to have a coherent and constructive discussion on the subject as people fly off the handle into moral outrage mode at the mere mention of the word Paedophile. I agree with him 100%, it's such a touchy / taboo subject, that a helluva lot of people cannot discuss rationally.
Well said.

imtommygunn

Very much so. We all get how horrendous it is but the way society has got with all the outrage, and the way the media prey on it, is not healthy. That silent justice group indicates that and really do not seem to get the irony of what they do. We have taken years to become a civilised society - the pitchfork brigade does not help anything.

Itchy

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 27, 2017, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 27, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
Well said.

We 're talking about child rapists. What rational discussion is to be had? It seems to me the victims of these rapists are considered last in this equation, the destroyed family, the stolen childhood and a trauma carried for life for the victim and family. Yet we should have a rational discussion about the rapist? Load of auld bollox.