Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: heffo on June 11, 2016, 11:46:13 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 10, 2016, 10:34:53 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 10, 2016, 10:20:37 PM
Fair play to McGeeney.  Add that to a win to Portlaoise and all the questions are answered.

didn't answer if he is getting paid and how much. Money for old rope

If you're going to corner him on it you may as well ask every other manager who is getting paid too

Like Cavanagh I thik it goes back to McGeeney's GPA profile earlier as well. Word was he tackled him about getting 90,000 euros a year at Kildare yet Croke Park had to bail Kildare out when they got into debt.. sad sate of affairs. Every manager should declare what they are getting

tonto1888

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2016, 11:30:23 PM
Quote from: ck on June 11, 2016, 11:22:14 PM
Whilst I'd have major difficulties with the likes of McGeeney claiming big salaries out of GAA, his honest reply above makes for refreshing reading. Both honest and cleverly dismissive of Brolly.

Came off as someone who is rattled. Sure he went up to Brolly at a function and tried to square up to him.  Him saying he doesn't take it seriously takes some neck.

What nonsense you on about now?

imtommygunn

Is anyone else allowed to speak ::)

screenexile

Whatever about him he can pen a decent article I'll give him that. . . not much to disagree with in here and it hits home much more without the personal attacks:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-there-has-been-no-strategy-no-radical-action-and-hoping-for-the-best-wont-save-the-gaa-34792716.html

SimonSays

Whilst I'd have major difficulties with the likes of McGeeney claiming big salaries out of GAA, his honest reply above makes for refreshing reading. Both honest and cleverly dismissive of Brolly.

Came off as someone who is rattled. Sure he went up to Brolly at a function and tried to square up to him.  Him saying he doesn't take it seriously takes some neck.

That is actually as bad as Brolly coming up with crap like that..confronted him at a function.....tara the crap thats wrote on here

supersarsfields

Quote from: SimonSays on June 13, 2016, 12:18:55 PM

That is actually as bad as Brolly coming up with crap like that..confronted him at a function.....tara the crap thats wrote on here
To be fair it is Syferus. I think most people take his comments with a pinch of salt. Just like Brolly's

LeoMc

Quote from: SimonSays on June 13, 2016, 12:18:55 PM

Maybe he was told the story by an (unnamed) county player during the week!

ck

Did this actually happen Syferus?

omaghjoe

Quote from: ck on June 13, 2016, 07:57:11 PM

Of the things you can take with a pinch of salt you add Syferus's posts on here. A supporter taken seriously ill at a match last year apparently was a plan hatched in some sort of football Hogwarths in the hills of Tyrone

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 13, 2016, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: ck on June 13, 2016, 07:57:11 PM

Of the things you can take with a pinch of salt you add Syferus's posts on here. A supporter taken seriously ill at a match last year apparently was a plan hatched in some sort of football Hogwarths in the hills of Tyrone

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

DuffleKing

Is anyone surprised that this megalomaniac has followed up a few weeks of fire, brimstone and character assassination with a nicely timed "look at how nice a guy I am putting wholesome values first" article?

And he thought Sean Cavanagh was cynical...

Beffs

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 14, 2016, 08:42:03 PM

Is anyone surprised that this megalomaniac has followed up a few weeks of fire, brimstone and character assassination with a nicely timed "look at how nice a guy I am putting wholesome values first" article?

Ok. I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that.

I'll take it one step further and say that using a child dying of cancer & his grief stricken mother as PR tools, was crass in the extreme. If he wasn't in the wars to the degree he is, I may be inclined to look at it in a more heart warming & less cynical light. But considering the deep do do he is in these days, I smelled a rat at the timing of it all.

JoG2

Quote from: Beffs on June 14, 2016, 09:48:26 PM

I'll take it one step further and say that using a child dying of cancer & his grief stricken mother as PR tools, was crass in the extreme. If he wasn't in the wars to the degree he is, I may be inclined to look at it in a more heart warming & less cynical light. But considering the deep do do he is in these days, I smelled a rat at the timing of it all.

dear jesus men, the u14 memorial tournament was 2 Saturdays ago, Brolly wrote the article on the back of it, plain and simple. I popped up to the event as I knew a few helping out. Great tournament, some great young footballers and a superb days craic. Fair play to Brolly for bringing his team down from Belfast. I watched at first hand how he interacted with the local crew especially the McCrossan family. The article was some real heart on the sleeve stuff. But, if having a pop at Brolly re this article floats your boat, knock yourselves out

rosnarun

Quote from: JoG2 on June 15, 2016, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: Beffs on June 14, 2016, 09:48:26 PM

dear jesus men, the u14 memorial tournament was 2 Saturdays ago, Brolly wrote the article on the back of it, plain and simple. I popped up to the event as I knew a few helping out. Great tournament, some great young footballers and a superb days craic. Fair play to Brolly for bringing his team down from Belfast. I watched at first hand how he interacted with the local crew especially the McCrossan family. The article was some real heart on the sleeve stuff. But, if having a pop at Brolly re this article floats your boat, knock yourselves out
i think people need to not confuse Brollys 'coco the clown act' who is a complete attention seeking tosspot  on the sunday game to the real man , who seems to a generous genuine concerned citizen that most of us have no idea of and there fore cannot really comment on.
But as for his sunday game shit and press work he is fair game
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

general_lee

You'd have to be really cynical to buy into that notion. Brolly is a performer or an actor - he puts a lot of the stuff on and that's why people watch him on TSG or whatever. Yes he's an egotist but I don't see why he would feel the need to pen a "look how much of a nice guy i am" article in a regional publication if he wanted to take the heat of himself - he thrives on that heat! Came across as a very genuine piece imo