Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: lenny on June 07, 2016, 07:56:41 AM
Quote from: heffo on June 06, 2016, 10:48:58 PM
Why is he so fixated on McGeeney (aside from the insult at Eamonn Coleman's funeral)?

Armagh are far from the only county allegedly paying their manager and they aren't the only ones restricting access to county players.

Totally agree. This is completely personal for some reason. Brolly has singled mcgeeney out when there are numerous managers and counties in similar situations.
But is it not far more important to establish if the essence of what Brolly is saying/claiming about the game is correct? Is it not far more important to establish if the essence of what Brolly is saying/claiming about individuals like Geezer is correct rather than whether he is fixated on 1 individual?

smelmoth

Quote from: skeog on June 07, 2016, 09:57:06 AM
the time a manager has to devote to county management in the gaa is unreal so payment is necessary
A chicken and egg scenario????

Quote from: skeog on June 07, 2016, 09:57:06 AM
if individuals with deep pockets provide donations thats their business
It might be there business but its not only their business. Its our game, our ethos and our rules

smelmoth

Quote from: muppet on June 07, 2016, 07:23:32 PM
Why is he so fixated on McGeeney (aside from the insult at Eamonn Coleman's funeral)?/b]

Armagh are far from the only county allegedly paying their manager and they aren't the only ones restricting access to county players.

Considering his diatribe on Sean Kavanagh, I suspect it may have something to do with his views on the GPA.
And being honest what was really wrong with what he said about Cavanagh? I was disappointed when he appologised on that one

longballin

Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 10:37:11 PM
Why is he so fixated on McGeeney (aside from the insult at Eamonn Coleman's funeral)?/b]

Considering his diatribe on Sean Kavanagh, I suspect it may have something to do with his views on the GPA.
And being honest what was really wrong with what he said about Cavanagh? I was disappointed when he appologised on that one

said he was not a man... totally out of order

smelmoth

Quote from: longballin on June 09, 2016, 10:51:37 PM

Surely its perfectly acceptable to question the integrity of a man that did what Sean did?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 10:57:02 PM

Surely its perfectly acceptable to question the integrity of a man that did what Sean did?
He also said Mickey Harte presided over something rotten to the core. This statement was incorrect.

smelmoth

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 09, 2016, 11:04:50 PM

He also said Mickey Harte presided over something rotten to the core. This statement was incorrect.

"Rotten to the core" is a figure of speech and not one that I would agree with but if you are telling that Mickey isn't paid, is signed up to the letter and spirit of the rules of the organisation, is all for players playing for the clubs in games bar the 2 weeks before county games, is not about win at all costs, doesn't think its legitimate to haul down a player through in goal, is against tactical and cynical fouling, thinks its wrong to rotate the cynical fouler and absolutely doesn't use it then I am ears. What say you?

longballin

he said he wasn't a man that's a bit different from questioning his integrity

smelmoth

Quote from: longballin on June 09, 2016, 11:23:33 PM

If you think that Brolly was challenging that Cavanagh was an adult nale of the human species then you are the only person on planet earth of this view

BennyHarp

Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

"Rotten to the core" is a figure of speech and not one that I would agree with but if you are telling that Mickey isn't paid, is signed up to the letter and spirit of the rules of the organisation, is all for players playing for the clubs in games bar the 2 weeks before county games, is not about win at all costs, doesn't think its legitimate to haul down a player through in goal, is against tactical and cynical fouling, thinks its wrong to rotate the cynical fouler and absolutely doesn't use it then I am ears. What say you?

So every county manager is "rotten to the core" then?
That was never a square ball!!

smelmoth

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 09, 2016, 11:27:46 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

So every county manager is "rotten to the core" then?

Again not my phrase but if this is what they are about then yes.

And to state the obvious if others were at the same that wouldn't cleanse what Mickey or AN Other was at

longballin

Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 11:27:12 PM

If you think that Brolly was challenging that Cavanagh was an adult nale of the human species then you are the only person on planet earth of this view

I know what he meant and it was out of order... it was totally personal because he has been gunning for Cavanagh for ages over his GPA role... I didnit like at all what Cavanagh did but how many players from other teams who did the same or gouged opponents eyes got the same treatment from Brolly?

smelmoth

Quote from: longballin on June 09, 2016, 11:34:09 PM

I know what he meant and it was out of order... it was totally personal because he has been gunning for Cavanagh for ages over his GPA role... I didnit like at all what Cavanagh did but how many players from other teams who did the same or gouged opponents eyes got the same treatment from Brolly?

If you knew what he meant then why are you questioning  that he was challenging Sean's integrity? There was nothing out of order in that.

What incident in a live game that Brolly was covering was Brolly confronted with clear footage of a drag down in front of goal or a gouge?

longballin

Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 11:38:19 PM

If you knew what he meant then why are you questioning  that he was challenging Sean's integrity? There was nothing out of order in that.

What incident in a live game that Brolly was covering was Brolly confronted with clear footage of a drag down in front of goal or a gouge?

he was questioning if Sean had what it takes to be man... bang out of order. Brolly has seen many underhand acts as a pundit and didnt give it that treatment...

smelmoth

Quote from: longballin on June 09, 2016, 11:59:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 09, 2016, 11:38:19 PM

he was questioning if Sean had what it takes to be man... bang out of order. Brolly has seen many underhand acts as a pundit and didnt give it that treatment...

What are you talking about? What are these things that it takes to be a man that he was saying that Sean didn't possess?

I have heard Brolly give plenty of stick to those that fall foul of his views. But you are pulling him on a phrase that he used in a live broadcast on a live real time issue. If you want to challenge why he didnt say something similar against someone else then give me one incident where he should have in a live broadcast?