Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Joe Brolly accusing people of making a living by talking shite and bluffing?? Does the man have any self awareness?
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2015, 02:04:45 PM
Joe Brolly accusing people of making a living by talking shite and bluffing?? Does the man have any self awareness?

Just checking you know he makes his living as a Barrister and that the RTE thing is on the side right?

You don't get to be a Barrister by bluffing!!

omagh_gael

Those psycobable quotes are cringe worthy but what annoyed me is they are not what is considered mindfulness!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on December 21, 2015, 02:31:25 PM

Just checking you know he makes his living as a Barrister and that the RTE thing is on the side right?

Barristers are the highest paid of all bullshitters. Just checking, does he get paid for his RTE "analysis"?

JoG2

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2015, 04:43:26 PM

Barristers are the highest paid of all bullshitters. Just checking, does he get paid for his RTE "analysis"?

does he not donate his TV fee?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Main Street

Not a great article, but a very enjoyable Brolly article.

In hiding

Anyone who thinks that sports psychologists have nothing to offer in terms of an athlete/footballers overall development are delusional, is it an Irish thing that we all love to rubbish something we don't know too much about? Just another piece of Brolly rubbish. humourous ? yes. Rubbish? also yes 

Disillusioned

The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

BennyHarp

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2015, 04:46:14 PM

Does it matter if he does or not? He still gets paid for it on Rte, and for the Irish Independent and for the Gaelic Life. Tell me this isn't a man making money off bullshitting and bluffing.

JoG2

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2015, 09:45:13 PM

Does it matter if he does or not? He still gets paid for it on Rte, and for the Irish Independent and for the Gaelic Life. Tell me this isn't a man making money off bullshitting and bluffing.

It matters to the people who get the donations I'm sure

If the gaaboard paid bullsh1tters, there'd be a few wealthy boys knocking about

lenny

He's getting paid for expressing his opinion in an entertaining way. He certainly creates a lot of talking points which is what those people employing him are looking for. He is a bullshitter but in amongst the bullshit are often brilliant ideas.

BennyHarp

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2015, 09:58:33 PM

It matters to the people who get the donations I'm sure

If the gaaboard paid bullsh1tters, there'd be a few wealthy boys knocking about

He gets paid to bullshit, he writes an article slagging off someone who he says gets paid for bullshitting. Your charity point is irrelevant.

DuffleKing

Quote from: lenny on December 21, 2015, 10:01:41 PM

He's getting paid for expressing his opinion in an entertaining way. He certainly creates a lot of talking points which is what those people employing him are looking for. He is a bullshitter but in amongst the bullshit are often brilliant ideas.

Like?

bannside

Stop playing Brolly the man for a minute. What part of his piece do you not agree with??

I agree that sports psychology can be enormous but what works for half the dressing room is a laughing stock with the rest.

Great article. Hugely entertaining. Well done Joe.