Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Quote from: rosskarr on July 09, 2015, 12:19:48 PM
Don't know what is being deleted here but was speaking to a couple
from Moneymore out in Fuengirola last night and there's a scandal coming
I haven't a notion what's going on. Someone PM me.

Over the Bar

Don't know what is being deleted here but was speaking to a couple
from Moneymore out in Fuengirola last night and there's a scandal coming
I believe you should delete that post too as many people will find the thought of Funguerola quite  offensive.

LeoMc

Could everyone please delete any reference to deletions as it is leading to speculation as to what was deleted?

I heard he was playing illegally for Armagh and broke a Dublin players jaw. Allegedly.

EDIT: I added the word allegedly because that is a water tight defense against libel and slander.

Mayo4Sam14

"Joe Brolly could face RTÉ rap amid GAA fury over Cork V Kerry referee criticism"

What? Pure bullshit! Joe Brolly is an analyst, right? Gets payed to analyse the game, basically say who was and wasn't shit and why. He analysed the ref, the ref was shit, so he said it as it was, if he had said that about a player nobody would've taken any notice, but, say anything about the GAA's "goons" and they'll get fair pissed, despite the fact that most referees appear completely incompetent the majority of the time (talking to you Cormac Reilly).

I'm not taking any f**king prisoners here lads, who are the only people who get payed? The GAA and the refs, yet they never seem to be doing what they're supposed be doing right, because, I'm sure by this stage everyone knows that the GAA are greedy, money-grabbers and referees seem to be largely incompetent in many cases...

... and is anyone else suspicious of them Kerry bhoyz with da refs? 😂😂😉 (Has anyone read this far?)

(Follow my instagram @gaa.banter)
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

giveballaghback

The last thing I would want to do is follow your instagram!

BennyHarp

Interesting view from Tony Scullion. I get the impression a growing number of people are getting a bit tired of Joe.

"It's easy for Joe to sit in a studio or write in a paper"
09 July 2015

Tony Scullion has hit out at his former Derry team mate Joe Brolly, dubbing his criticism of Brian McIver "completely unfair".

Scullion and Brolly starred at opposite ends of the pitch on the Oak Leaf side that won the All-Ireland in 1993 and the former teak tough defender says the controversial pundit isn't in a position to criticise managers as he hasn't managed himself:

"His criticisms have been completely unfair. Everyone knows Joe. I played with Joe and played against him," Scullion states in The Irish News.

"Joe can talk. He causes controversy. It's easy for Joe to sit in a studio or write in a paper about managements and players. He's entitled to his opinion but I don't agree with what he says. I think he has been very critical of Brian and very unfair to Derry.

"If he had experience on the line himself, then he would think twice. Sometimes Joe just likes to say things to stir controversy but he would need to realise that these are real people he is talking about here.

"I respect Joe's comments on certain things but I don't agree with him being personal and cutting to players and management."

That was never a square ball!!

cuconnacht

Quote from: LeoMc on July 09, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
Could everyone please delete any reference to deletions as it is leading to speculation as to what was deleted?

I heard he was playing illegally for Armagh and broke a Dublin players jaw. Allegedly.

EDIT: I added the word allegedly because that is a water tight defense against libel and slander.
Watertight in a sinking ship already full of water for you have placed a full stop both before and after the word.The before stop negates any connect to the previous sentence,the after a typo or you were about to give examples of the word such as
The Mayo lunar mission of 1958 was a complete success,
On arriving they were greeted by Tyrone people already there,
Or Roscommonn posters have agreed a one years non whinging pact on kids football.
The capitalisation further removes it from any pretence of slander/libel avoidance and so swish of silks,click of wig into briefcase cajing of conscientious barristers till,"I will see you in court sir,good day!"

This post will self delete in five seconds on which all deleted posts on this thread will reappear,at which Imagine will self destruct in three at which he will self delete ;D

ONeill

There's talk that Joe Brolly hasn't been to mass for two weeks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DennistheMenace

I heard on the grapevine he immediately turned over the channel when an advert to donate to save a baby Kangeroo came on.

Wildweasel74

I don't know how hes unfair to Derry, they shit the basket against Longford twice and cavan in recent years, if they think he critical of the teams and past managers, Tony should hear the supporters, At present no manger has been fit to get the best 15 players playing for Derry and playing a number of games together, Hell Donegal nearly name the same team every game. Derry have a fair number of decent players at the minute but don't show it in the result column which is all that matters. I see Derry are 1/6 on against wexford the mor, that ridiculous given some previous flake outs we had.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 10, 2015, 11:38:26 PM
I don't know how hes unfair to Derry, they shit the basket against Longford twice and cavan in recent years, if they think he critical of the teams and past managers, Tony should hear the supporters, At present no manger has been fit to get the best 15 players playing for Derry and playing a number of games together, Hell Donegal nearly name the same team every game. Derry have a fair number of decent players at the minute but don't show it in the result column which is all that matters. I see Derry are 1/6 on against wexford the mor, that ridiculous given some previous flake outs we had.

I hear where you're coming from WW but imo,  where this Derry team is now, system wise,  personnel wise,  injury wise is chalk and cheese compared to last year.  In saying that the bookie odds are ott. We've all been burnt many times before so tomorrow is a case of getting over the line. 
Good luck to the Wexford folk making the long trip up

orangeman

BennyCake

105 pages on Brolly. His head is bound to be some size now!

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

doodaa

Brolly just does my tits in now.
There was a time it was humorous, now its just annoying.