Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

lenny

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2015, 09:39:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 06, 2015, 06:32:48 PM
You lads/kids/girls should know better to not be taken in by his wind ups

In fairness I don't think most people take him seriously at all, the point here is the awful timing of the article given the situation with Harte.

What's the situation with Harte?

reddgnhand

Quote from: lenny on April 06, 2015, 10:03:25 PM

In fairness I don't think most people take him seriously at all, the point here is the awful timing of the article given the situation with Harte.

What's the situation with Harte?

A lot more serious than what's been told.

DermyTDredi

Joe Brolly, contrary to his own world view, is NOT THE GAA, nor is he the voice of reason for the GAA. That he chooses to write for the Independent proves that in itself. He is a populist media whore who loves nothing better than the sound of his own voice.
He has continually slagged of Tyrone this last number of years, and even when he was praising MH and his players, he would usually round of his piece by slagging Tyrone off...."aye but sure isn't my ma from Brackaville..."
Who gives a f**k Joe, where your ma is from?
You are a disingenuous hypocritical liar - fair play with the kidney and all that, but i wonder would you ever go and f**k off...

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Jinxy on April 06, 2015, 01:30:43 PM
I'm getting tired of his, "I was talking to..." spiel every week.
He can't seem to turn a corner without walking into a disgruntled inter-county player.

100% agree....meeting donegal men in an ice cream shop..."my son was playing crossmaglen..." "my u14 team..." "2 county men i spoke to..."
Its as if in some way his opinion is more valid than anyone else and he needs to justify his piece by "bumping into men"
What a complete w**ker

Walter Cronc

Quote from: DermyTDredi on April 07, 2015, 03:23:37 PM
He can't seem to turn a corner without walking into a disgruntled inter-county player.

100% agree....meeting donegal men in an ice cream shop..."my son was playing crossmaglen..." "my u14 team..." "2 county men i spoke to..."
Its as if in some way his opinion is more valid than anyone else and he needs to justify his piece by "bumping into men"
What a complete w**ker

You're the w**ker.

Keep her lit Joe!

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 07, 2015, 03:28:52 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on April 07, 2015, 03:23:37 PM

What a complete w**ker

You're the w**ker.

Keep her lit Joe!

Good man

lynchbhoy

I don't think he'd say anything about Harte if he thought Harte was unwell. Brolly writes his stuff at least a week in advance. Like most Gaels - we might row on the terraces ( or Internet forum) but try to offer help if the other party was in need or sick.

Joe is a v opinionated bollix but behind all the bluster is a decent guy.
The same could be said about most posters on here too.

If Mickey Harte is unwell then I wish him speedy recovery. I have always admired him and his tactics. I'm also a fan of strong defensive based football. I also like Tyronies, but Prob couldn't eat more than one.

BennyHarp

I don't know Lynchboy, Mickey just didn't get ill overnight before Joe's article. The sad thing is that Joe's behaviour which involves trying to maximise his own opinions and profile would mean that people may believe he chooses the most high profile person of the week to sling mud at. Mickey not being at Omagh was always going to be a big story to piggy back on. Now this may not be true, but the way he behaves certainly makes people cynical. This whole idea of using the media to call for people to be sacked in the GAA is just rotten to the core anyway, regardless of the situation regarding Mickeys health. Unfortunately, Joe, like any bully, responds to those egging him on telling him he's deadly craic and a brilliant wind up merchant and ignores those telling him to wind his neck in and that he's going a bit too far.
That was never a square ball!!

DermyTDredi

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 07, 2015, 03:59:25 PM
I don't know Lynchboy, Mickey just didn't get ill overnight before Joe's article. The sad thing is that Joe's behaviour which involves trying to maximise his own opinions and profile would mean that people may believe he chooses the most high profile person of the week to sling mud at. Mickey not being at Omagh was always going to be a big story to piggy back on. Now this may not be true, but the way he behaves certainly makes people cynical. This whole idea of using the media to call for people to be sacked in the GAA is just rotten to the core anyway, regardless of the situation regarding Mickeys health. Unfortunately, Joe, like any bully, responds to those egging him on telling him he's deadly craic and a brilliant wind up merchant and ignores those telling him to wind his neck in and that he's going a bit too far.

If you look at the stuff Brolly has come out with, in no order at all:
- Sean Cavanagh isn't a man (live on TV...)
- philip Jordan defaced the 2003 final (12 years later in the Indo...)
- Mickey harte should be sacked by the county board (papers...)
- f**k off and play behind closed doors Mickey (live on radio)
- teaching the youngsters to play like this in school and in development squads (papers, every other month for the last 2 years...)
- Brian McIver, McGuinness...
- Gooch is a choker
- Paul Grimley is useless
- Grimleys 2 brothers were just as bad

Im paraphrasing here in many cases, but the notion that Brolly prepares for this in advance is wrong....he shoots from the hip with no regard for the offence it causes to people, their families, friends etc...

Brolly coaches an u14 team in south belfast only because thats about his level. he has no experience of what is required to manage a county team to failure, never mind victory...yet he talks like he is an expert.

Sure, some of the stuff he comes out with makes sense, but you know what happens if you give a clatter of monkeys a few typewriters...

he is getting paid through his media outlets and he uses those platforms to slag off amateur sportsmen....he is entitled to his opinion for sure but Mickey Harte, Philip Jordan etc are all entitled to go about their business without being slagged off...

AZOffaly

They'd also be within their rights to give him a slap on the gob too, in my opinion.

BennyHarp

Am I right in saying that the "Grimley is useless" comment was in response to Grimley NOT setting his team up defensively v Cavan in the Championship a few years ago?
That was never a square ball!!

DermyTDredi

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 07, 2015, 04:35:43 PM
Am I right in saying that the "Grimley is useless" comment was in response to Grimley NOT setting his team up defensively v Cavan in the Championship a few years ago?

ha! you may be right there BennyHarp...was a league game at the athletic grounds v Wexford in the same league campaign, where they were 11 down at half time and then drew (i think...) brolly was all over him and his family around this time.

tiempo

I don't believe that Joe would have knowingly put an article out there criticising Mickey Harte if he had the slightest idea Mickey is unwell and wouldn't be attending the Kerry game at the weekend. That said, Joe is an expert at calling out individuals and teams for being cynical, so the cynical side of me thinks that Joe might well have been aware with regards to his editorial deadline but decided to run it anyway for maximum effect.

Joe has his good and bad points, he has been insufferable and inspirational in equal measure at times. I wonder if he will be able to cope with a dose of his own medicine if this blows up over the next week or so. I'm not saying he's akin to Brooks and Murdoch but remember they were papped coming out of the back of a building during that whole scandal, proper f**king order that was, two c***ts of the highest order.

Really hope Mickey Harte is on the mend soon and it isn't too serious.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 07, 2015, 03:59:25 PM
I don't agree with Joe on a lot of things and I don't think I'd be saying quite the same things or in the same way - but I don't think joe is vindictive or what he is saying is pre-meditated.
Yes maybe it is shooting from the hip , but that's not pre-meditated.
Not my style but joe does a lot of it to court media attention.

The items listed by dermyt- well Joe might not be all that wrong in most - from a certain perspective.

Grimley got it badly wrong that day ( but has redeemed himself in later games /year) . The twins should have been better for Armagh than they were - as they were talented lads. If not a bit mad.
Half of tyrone is calling for Mickey hartes resignation. Jordan Prob did dive ( on more than one occasion- good player he was though) but this story seemed to be joe stirring up controversy as he'd nothing much to argue about at that time!

Again all Joe courting controversy. Getting people irate and talking. He's taking the psis imo.

I'd not do it - well on here we all state our forthright opinions, but I'd expect we would have a bit more decorum if in the public arena.
That's where we differ from Joe.

Just my opinion.