Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Well folks, here we are. Armagh have finally won an Ulster quarter final and have Cavan as our rewards, what chance have we?

In all fairness i'm glad we're playing Cavan than Monaghan, not that I think Cavan will be easier but Monaghan just seem to have a we hoodoo over us the last few years and we struggle against Monaghan whereas I think Armagh will have a decent chance against Cavan (60/40 for Cavan is how i rate it).
Will this game be defensive or will it be a shoot out? Cavan have some tasty players and i'd love to see both teams just go for it, hopefully Cavan will have put all their time and effort into beating Monaghan and take their eye of the ball and let us slip through to an Ulster final :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ethan Tremblay

Hoping Armagh learnt from the Down game and if they get the chance to take control of the game they take it.  Be interesting to see who lines out where, as a few players put their hands up to be noticed, and a few seemed to have buckled. 

Would have this as a 50/50 to be honest. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tonto1888

Not confident about this game at all. If Cavan don't win by 4/5 I would be surprised

Jayop

Funny I agree that despite cavan beating monaghan that Armagh would have had less hope against monaghan. Hopefully Cavan pull through this and set up a final against Tyrone (if we keep our side of the bargain). Will be a great day in the Jayop house with the missus from Cavan.

Itchy

I expect Cavan to win by 3 or 4 but wouldn't be awful surprised if they didn't. Looking forward to drunkards in Clones and a good fight in the parade. It'll be mighty!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Itchy on May 27, 2019, 06:40:12 PM
I expect Cavan to win by 3 or 4 but wouldn't be awful surprised if they didn't. Looking forward to drunkards in Clones and a good fight in the parade. It'll be mighty!
There will be a run on wine in McAnerney's this week.

mrdeeds

I was much more confident going into Monaghan game. Don't think favourite tag will sit well with Cavan. Work with a couple Armagh lads. One reckons Armagh should win and he says most people in Armagh would be of the opinion that it's just a case of turning up.

Armagh have good forwards but then Faulkner and McLoughlin are good markers. Whoever wins midfield will win.

armaghniac

I don't think anyone that familiar with football in Armagh thinks it is just as case of turning up. We might stumble over the line, especially if some of quiet players the last day play more to their ability.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jayop

Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2019, 07:07:04 PM
I don't think anyone that familiar with football in Armagh thinks it is just as case of turning up. We might stumble over the line, especially if some of quiet players the last day play more to their ability.

Yep this. Armagh people aren't that deluded. No doubt Armagh could win the game but to be of the opinion that its a matter of just showing up for a game they will no doubt be the bookies underdogs I

tonto1888

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 27, 2019, 06:46:50 PM
I was much more confident going into Monaghan game. Don't think favourite tag will sit well with Cavan. Work with a couple Armagh lads. One reckons Armagh should win and he says most people in Armagh would be of the opinion that it's just a case of turning up.

Armagh have good forwards but then Faulkner and McLoughlin are good markers. Whoever wins midfield will win.

That one hasn't been to any Armagh matches this year

mrdeeds

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2019, 07:36:49 PM

That one played for Armagh.

tonto1888

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 27, 2019, 07:50:28 PM

Doesn't mean he has been to any games this year. If anyone thinks all we have to do is turn up to win any match, nevermond this one, they need their head looking at

mrdeeds

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2019, 08:19:31 PM

Doesn't mean he has been to any games this year. If anyone thinks all we have to do is turn up to win any match, nevermond this one, they need their head looking at

He doesn't miss too many matches.

tonto1888

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 27, 2019, 08:21:09 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2019, 08:19:31 PM

He doesn't miss too many matches.

Well then he is just wrong. And I can safely say I've yet to speak to one person who thinks it's a matter of turning up. I wish I had his confidence

ardchieftain

Is this game on tv? I'll be kicking my heels in Berlin with my flight at 10pm. There's plenty of Irish pubs there so hopefully i get a chance to see the game.