Started by Mossy Bruce, November 09, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on December 12, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
Quote from: SCFC on December 12, 2018, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 12, 2018, 09:17:29 AM
Roddy isn't coming back in this year.
I wouldn't blame him.
How would you even have the stomach to pick up a hurl.
Didn't he play League of Ireland soccer for UCD? Wouldn't be impossible that he'd go off and get a few quid kicking for Limerick or Galway or that level.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on December 12, 2018, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 12, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
Quote from: SCFC on December 12, 2018, 09:30:27 AM
I wouldn't blame him.
How would you even have the stomach to pick up a hurl.
Didn't he play League of Ireland soccer for UCD? Wouldn't be impossible that he'd go off and get a few quid kicking for Limerick or Galway or that level.
I'd say that ship has sailed to a degree.

He'd be better off f**king off for a summer and just enjoying life.

burdizzo

I'd heard he was going to do just that - ie. play soccer for the winter, and maybe go back in May.

les Antiques

Have to respect the man's decision.  He's been  clearly let down by people and has had enough . The sad thing about the aftermath of this situation was he was actually considering returning to the county set-up but the futile effort to entice him back was pathetic from all parties .

Jd

I can understand him not going in and who could blame him . But to say that efforts to get him back in were pathetic is unfair . I've spoken to two of the hurling management in the past fewdays and they were trying to accommodate him in any way possible but he just didn't want to come back in at this stage. The door is open to him still and hopefully he'll come back in . But there isn't always blame to be attached. The lad needs time and who knows what will happen in the new year

Giovanni

What happened to him in the county final was a total disgrace. The way it was handled afterwards added insult to injury. I could easily imagine that this would leave him very disillusioned and no one could blame him for feeling that way.

Having said that, what happened in the county final and afterwards has nothing to do with the current management of the county team or with his teammates in the county. I'm sure the vast majority of them would have exactly the same opinion on the matter as Roddy himself.  I don't believe that what happened in the county final should be forgotten but it is a different issue from his participation with the county team. Hopefully if he's given a bit of time, he'll agree to rejoin - I don't think the county setup bears any relationship whatsoever to the carry on of a handful of clowns after the county final.

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on December 13, 2018, 03:55:44 PM
What happened to him in the county final was a total disgrace. The way it was handled afterwards added insult to injury. I could easily imagine that this would leave him very disillusioned and no one could blame him for feeling that way.

Having said that, what happened in the county final and afterwards has nothing to do with the current management of the county team or with his teammates in the county. I'm sure the vast majority of them would have exactly the same opinion on the matter as Roddy himself.  I don't believe that what happened in the county final should be forgotten but it is a different issue from his participation with the county team. Hopefully if he's given a bit of time, he'll agree to rejoin - I don't think the county setup bears any relationship whatsoever to the carry on of a handful of clowns after the county final.
I'd imagine he just doesn't have the appetite for it, and you couldn't blame him.

burdizzo

It would appear Mark Kavanagh isnt either?

Kavanagh named corner forward for tomorrow.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on December 15, 2018, 05:47:12 PM

It would appear Mark Kavanagh isnt either?

Kavanagh named corner forward for tomorrow.
Great news!

burdizzo

Disappointing result today. Obviously only the Walsh cup, and all, but still not great to beaten by 8 points by Carlow. Thought it might be a good day when Picky Maher opened the scoring w/ a well-taken goal, but the concession of two soft-ish goals before half-time gave Carlow a boost just when it seemed we might pull away. I don't think Flemming would be happy w/ the first, in particular - a series of handling errors in the backs let a Carlow man onto the ball, and although his shot wasn't exactly a rasper, it still found the net. In fairness to Flemming, he pulled off two very good saves in quick succession in the second half.
Aaron Berin and Picky Maher had very good games, I thought, as did Jack Kelly, and Donnacha Hartnet. Leigh Bergin going off injured may have unsettled the defence a bit, even though I don't think he was doing fantastically well. Perhaps corner back isn't his position? Hope he and Willie Dunphy - who also hobbled off - will recover in time for the league.
In the last quarter, Carlow completely took over - outscoring us by something like 10 points to three - and you'd imagine that they're a bit fitter at this stage. Quite a bit of work for Leix to do in that department for the next month or so!

on the hop

That was Aaron dunphy not Aaron Bergin 

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on December 16, 2018, 07:41:34 PM
Disappointing result today. Obviously only the Walsh cup, and all, but still not great to beaten by 8 points by Carlow. Thought it might be a good day when Picky Maher opened the scoring w/ a well-taken goal, but the concession of two soft-ish goals before half-time gave Carlow a boost just when it seemed we might pull away. I don't think Flemming would be happy w/ the first, in particular - a series of handling errors in the backs let a Carlow man onto the ball, and although his shot wasn't exactly a rasper, it still found the net. In fairness to Flemming, he pulled off two very good saves in quick succession in the second half.
Aaron Berin and Picky Maher had very good games, I thought, as did Jack Kelly, and Donnacha Hartnet. Leigh Bergin going off injured may have unsettled the defence a bit, even though I don't think he was doing fantastically well. Perhaps corner back isn't his position? Hope he and Willie Dunphy - who also hobbled off - will recover in time for the league.
In the last quarter, Carlow completely took over - outscoring us by something like 10 points to three - and you'd imagine that they're a bit fitter at this stage. Quite a bit of work for Leix to do in that department for the next month or so!
Please stop referring to us as Leix.

burdizzo

Why?

I must say, you do seem to enjoy trying to rile people! Again, I ask - why?

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on December 16, 2018, 10:06:29 PM
Why?

Our county's name is Laois. I asked nicely, there was no attempt to rile you or anyone.

smcder

Quote from: Don Draper on December 16, 2018, 10:39:39 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on December 16, 2018, 10:06:29 PM
Why?

Our county's name is Laois. I asked nicely, there was no attempt to rile you or anyone.

I'd double on this tbh.