Schools Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 24, 2015, 06:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Fair play Target man for pulling me up on that.

Ill amend my previous post

redsetanta

Anyone know much about the new minor manager, Christy Wlash from Bennettsbridge?

They are having minor trials in the next week or so to get a panel together and this panel will compete as the Combined Schools team in the Leinster Colleges in January. Seems like a decent idea to have them hurling competitively from the start of the year!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

A Kerry man originally very well thought of in Bennetsbridge & Kilkenny circles, managed the bridge for last number of years where they won Kilkenny junior a, all Ireland junior & went on the following year to win Kilkenny intermediate & all Ireland intermediate, good track record with club hurling, but minor & county minor very tricky position,
Best of luck to him, hopefully a success

redsetanta

Portlaoise CBS playing Boyne CS in SH 'C' North Leinster final today at 12pm in Laois GAA centre.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Only seeing this now,RS

Pity I didn't see it sooner and I would have tipped into it.

Any chance you might let us know the final score and who played well

redsetanta

Not at it clonadmad, i just saw the fixture on the Leinster GAA site. Maybe someone else knew about the game and tipped on it to it.

County baller

Wasn't at the game myself but as far as I know the CBS lost by 2 points after extra time.

clonadmad

According to the website,5 Teams in  Senior C in the North Leinster section

1. Portlaoise C.B.S.
2. Boyne C.S.Trim Co.Meath
3. Sc. Mhuire, Clane Co.Kildare
4. Mercy Sec. Sch., Kilbeggan
5. Col Naomh Cormac Kilcormac

Trim now go on and play the winners of the South Leinster and then play the winners of the Dublin schools for the Leinster title.

Would I be right in saying that competitive hurling would finished for this group as of today?.

SpeculativeEffort

I don't mean any offence to schools but none of them would strike you as hurling strongholds. It's not that awfully long ago that the cbs played Leinster A hurling for a brief time and were generally a strong team in Leinster B. Is there any push on to get them back into higher grades within the school?

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on December 06, 2016, 08:55:21 PM
I don't mean any offence to schools but none of them would strike you as hurling strongholds. It's not that awfully long ago that the cbs played Leinster A hurling for a brief time and were generally a strong team in Leinster B. Is there any push on to get them back into higher grades within the school?
Must not be much Hurling in Portlaoise Parish anymore, could explain the Fintans/Clonad thing. Desperate times and all that.

Ballyroan Abbey

While clonad may be a portlaoise club technically it is based in raheen parish, if the letter of the law regarding parish rule was enforced anyone living in the clonad area should actually be playing for colt, thankfully common sense is used

clonadmad

just spotted the CBS Result there now.

Top Oil North Leinster PP Sch SH "C" Final
Portlaoise CBS    1-14     Boyne CS  Trim  1-16   

Mad Mentor

St. Fergal's won the North Leinster Junior C hurling final yesterday beating Kilcormac 3-11 to 2-11. They came from nine points down at one stage in the first half in a great display of hurling. This is quite a young team as at least four of them were hurling u14 this year. They now meet the winners of the South Leinster. No idea who yet.

clonadmad

Mon Dec 12th 2016

Top Oil Leinster PP Sch SH "B"
Mountrath C.S. (12.00 pm)        Mountrath C.S. v St. Fergal's, Rathdowney   

Mad Mentor

Mountrath won this at a canter today. 4-21 to 2-9. St. Fergal's are picking from a very small pool of players. Best of luck to Mountrath. I think they play Johnstown next which will be a much stronger test.