Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 17, 2018, 11:52:03 PM
The French are known for leaving good players out of their tournament panels. Eric Cantona,David Ginola and Jean Pierre Papin for example.

France left Cantona out in 96 when he was the best player in the league, they'd have gone close on winning Euro 96 with the great man.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 18, 2018, 09:46:53 AM
The French are known for leaving good players out of their tournament panels. Eric Cantona,David Ginola and Jean Pierre Papin for example.

France left Cantona out in 96 when he was the best player in the league, they'd have gone close on winning Euro 96 with the great man.

Well hopefully if Martial is still at the club come the new season he will have benefitted from the summer off and will come back with a bit of fire in him to prove them wrong. It is probably a French thing but he does seem very laid back, be interesting to see him really fired up and going at teams, he has so much potential.

TabClear

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 17, 2018, 11:11:40 PM
Surprised that Giroud and Dembele are in the squad ahead of Martial.

Giroud gives them something different so I can understand that, for me it was a tossup between Dembele and Martial.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 17, 2018, 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2018, 09:06:42 PM
No Martial in the French WC squad?  Lack of game but time has obviously cost him but strange decision all the same.

That and being shit

I dont think he is shite, but he does seem like a player that needs a move
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

Well hopefully if Martial is still at the club come the new season he will have benefitted from the summer off and will come back with a bit of fire in him to prove them wrong. It is probably a French thing but he does seem very laid back, be interesting to see him really fired up and going at teams, he has so much potential.

I hope it doesn't convince him to leave but I worry it will. He was playing really well and then just cut adrift by the clown of a manager who bought a good but unnecessary player to try and prove a point over Pep. Anyone who says Martial is shit obviously doesn't know a thing about the game.

Taylor

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 18, 2018, 12:17:22 PM

I hope it doesn't convince him to leave but I worry it will. He was playing really well and then just cut adrift by the clown of a manager who bought a good but unnecessary player to try and prove a point over Pep. Anyone who says Martial is shit obviously doesn't know a thing about the game.

Gees Seanie.
On occasions you do let your hatred for JM cloud your judgement

Rawhide

An interesting analogy might be that anyone who calls a successful manager like Jose, ' a clown of a manager' obviously doesn't know a thing about the game. Just an observation ;)
cccc is a true supporter lol

magpie seanie

Quote from: Taylor on May 18, 2018, 12:42:33 PM

Gees Seanie.
On occasions you do let your hatred for JM cloud your judgement

It's part of my judgement. If I'm wrong then tell me why I'm wrong.

Fergie finished 2nd in his second season in a league that was over long before the end of the season where United never challenged. We thought it was progress. McClair scored over 20 league goals....first United player to do so since George Best. Hughes was coming back from abroad. Went the whole of October and November without a win to drop to 11th where they eventually finished. The next season was worse. And that was with the greatest manager of all time.

Don't let 2nd place this season fool anyone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rawhide on May 18, 2018, 01:05:48 PM

An interesting analogy might be that anyone who calls a successful manager like Jose, ' a clown of a manager' obviously doesn't know a thing about the game. Just an observation ;)

He knows nothing about being a Manchester United manager. In his current role, yes - he is a clown.

DuffleKing

Remind me about this time Martial was playing well?

Cunny Funt

Martial is one of the most naturally talented players in the PL.  He's so laid back though and only shows glimpses of that talent is that enough to be on a World cup panel?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Hard to call this evening's game. Hopefully Mourinho's one off winning in games against decent opposition will continue.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Trying to pick a decent bet on this game, I'm not confident that both teams will score! Over ten corners seems the best bet  :o

United 2-1 Lingard with winner!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea